PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Gray Matter
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
burnoutbabe

cjanderson's Gamercard
game just not logical

I'm a fan of these games but this one just isn't logical at all. I often have no clue what to do next, ie what does the story want me to do?

currently on chapter 3 and getting memories, well it didn't really hint that that is what I am supposed to be doing, its more a case of click stuff until it says "you need xyz" and you realise what the game wants you to achieve.

Other story driven games are much more clear (ie you need to get into such and such building)

having to use a guide just for a vague idea of what the game is wanting me to do.

And it lets you do stuff, without any result, as you need to do that slightly later. I looked at all the pics in his photo box, but only after doing the 1st tank, does anything ping off the last photo as well. Same with the clothes in a drawer, only becomes clickable later on, so i assume there is nothing there.

Last edited by burnoutbabe; 03-17-2011 at 01:41 PM.
burnoutbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Sounds like every point n click game I've ever played.
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
Dmas

DM4S's Gamercard
i don't agree i played through this game and only had to use a walkthrough once because i couldn't come up with the name of the mage in the alice in wonderland puzzle, the puzzle's were very logical and easy to solve imo
Dmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Every Day in the Doc's office at the bottom of his whiteboard are his plans for the day, which makes figuring out what you are supposed to do very easy.

That said if your like me and using a CRT TV and not HD that cursive writing is nearly impossible to read.

As for Sam... Her story is pretty easy to follow.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
AruEdinburgh

aruedinburgh's Gamercard
I disagree completely, I found the whole game very logical and as such quite easy to complete. As someone mentioned above, David's notes on his Whiteboard often tell you what to do.
AruEdinburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
Gaute

FilipHenry1702's Gamercard
Not agreed.
I found the game rather logical. I tend to play these kind of games twice. Once for the experience, and once for the bonus goodies. And I found most of it on the first playthrough. Only once I felt "stuck" to the point where I got annoyed, and the solution was as pretty much that I had drawn a conclution before the game character did, so I assumed that the information was given to her, rather than her having to look it up for her self....
Gaute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #7
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
definitely have to disagree it made sense to me plus it has a great story. shame only about 10 people will ever play this game. im off now to hunt the book to give that a read and play through it again. if you havent played them yet look for sherlock holmes and sam and max on wii :-)
Old 08-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
shell2k6

shell2k6's Gamercard
also disagree, had very little problem with this game. really i expected it to be a little harder than it was. you have to pay attention to what people in the game are telling you.
shell2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #9
mr2000jp

mr2000jp's Gamercard
im totally loving this game , story is marvelous , but i think that there is a few things that should be redone in the design of the game ,
it has a system that helps you go on in the right direction of the story , which is quite good , but still there is some points which you need some help ,a walk through or some thing ,
mr2000jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #10
envint251

robandines's Gamercard
Overall I think it was fairly straightforward. Stumped a couple of times but, as others have pointed out, the whiteboard is quite handy.

Off topic, pity the game wasn't more successful. I'd like to see more of this type of thing on consoles.

envint251 is offline   Reply With Quote