Best Technique to Boost Wepon XP

This Guy2801

This works pretty well... still a slow drag to reach level 4, though.

Ah, and it can be done faster than the method suggested above - instead of climbing back up and swinging across the chasm, simply take the western door from the 'training room', head through thic chamber and open any of the doors on the western wall - pop through, and then back, you don't even need to let the door close behind you. Then you can head back to the training-room, and all the little spiders will have respawned...

Still... isn't there a faster method? It's gonna take a long time to get the Gauntlet to level 4 at this rate.

Great tip!!

Id recommend 2 things if u want to do it quicker, come back when u have a better XP gaining attachment, make sure u have the RB+Y skill for the gauntlet(The multi hit finisher move), makes it ALOT quicker(unsure whats best for scythe as I didnt have any skills for it at the time).

Secondly u dont need to cross the orange chain points, just go to the ledge as if u were gonna use them and turn around. If you have come from the other direction of the map u will notice as soon as u enter the room with the 3 orange chain points it Autosaves, this shows u when its safe to turn around and head back to the spiders, be wary tho as u are doin this XP trick within these room(s) it will only Autosave the 1st time, if u want it to Autosave again get about 2-3 rooms away and return.

To help time pass quicker try besting your own personal max combo for each weapon :p

Edited by KellyNUTS

Great tip!!

Id recommend 2 things if u want to do it quicker, come back when u have a better XP gaining attachment, make sure u have the RB+Y skill for the gauntlet(The multi hit finisher move), makes it ALOT quicker(unsure whats best for scythe as I didnt have any skills for it at the time).

Secondly u dont need to cross the orange chain points, just go to the ledge as if u were gonna use them and turn around. If you have come from the other direction of the map u will notice as soon as u enter the room with the 3 orange chain points it Autosaves, this shows u when its safe to turn around and head back to the spiders, be wary tho as u are doin this XP trick within these room(s) it will only Autosave the 1st time, if u want it to Autosave again get about 2-3 rooms away and return.

To help time pass quicker try besting your own personal max combo for each weapon :p

Yeah i already said about the RB+Y and your right someone else also pointed it out i think but i over estimated how far to go to trigger spawn

For the scythe i found it was best to use a mix of RB+Y providing you have the skill and then a Y,Y, Y(hold) combo

I'll just make the changes to the original post in a mo

I found that when resetting the room, just go up the ledge you came in on and make sure that you run off the wooden platform. As soon as you step off of it, turn around and it'll be reset. It's not a huge thing, but it's nice to save as much time as possible.

As for the scythe, I found that Y,Y was the best method. If I did Y, Y,Y, I found that I would miss a bunch of spiders. Also, make sure you have the legendary +EXP enhancement. The scythe took me about an hour to level up from 2-4 (might have been 1-4) and 20-30 minutes for the glove from 1-4.

Edited by EveAres

I did this method above, but instead of resetting the 1 room every time, I cleared the room you mentioned, then went to the next, there's only about 4-5 spiders there, but if you keep going to the next room with the elevator, drop down to the bottom and there's a ton more spiders there. Clear that room then head outside in the alley, there will be 9-10 more out there.

Continue on down some stairs and an autosave will come up. That is your cue to go back up the stairs into the alley and back into the room with the elevator. This room will have respawn. Clear all those spiders, head up the demon growth into the next room. Thats the room with the 4-5 spiders again, continue on to the next room, and you're back to the main room you mentioned in the original post.

It's a longer route but it seems, at least to me a whole lot more spiders in the same or less amount of time.

And sorry if my directions are weird, I'm not in the game atm, so I can't give precise directions.

Is this stupid or what? We need to find the most bizarre grinding methods to finish up weapon skills, when all that just needed to be put in this shitty ass game is a New Game + option. This is so senseless, and it's not that the game won't be challenging with all skills maxxxed out, cuz this game isn't challenging at all. Screw this game, screw this achievement, I'll leave it like it is for now!!

Edited by Sigz

True, and your guide is appreciated, I meant no disrespect to your efford.

I just think it's crappy this game is so limited, especially cuz I had such high hopes after seeing the first trailer. The fact that your skills cannot carry over to a next playthough is such a miss. It might even be fun to do a second playthough if that would be the case. I definitely hope Vigil will see it's downfall and puts it in an update, or I (and many others) won't be completing this game, and might think twice before buying a sequel.

Edited by Sigz

I found a way to get even bigger combos. After you've got all the spiders after you, jump onto the ledge (if you just walked in the room, its on the right side, a little further than halfway in the room). For some reason, once you are on the ledge that sticks out, all the spiders start twirling in a circle, as if they're in some kind of whirlpool. It may take a while for all the spiders to get sucked in. Once they are, jump just next to the whirlpool (with the spiders between you and the wall), and start attacking. I was getting over 100+ combos this way. I hope that made sense.

Is this stupid or what? We need to find the most bizarre grinding methods to finish up weapon skills, when all that just needed to be put in this shitty ass game is a New Game + option. This is so senseless, and it's not that the game won't be challenging with all skills maxxxed out, cuz this game isn't challenging at all. Screw this game, screw this achievement, I'll leave it like it is for now!!

Cry moar,

my scythe was maxed out and my gauntlet at level 2 by the time I obtained the Armageddon Blade. Once I finished the game I only had Battle Hardened and 150 kills from horseback left (not counting BFA) - all of which took about 35 minutes to clean up (30 mins with the spider trick to finish the gauntlet and 5 minutes running between the path to Leviathan's Drift to get mounted kills.) 35 minutes is not "bizarre grinding." If you want an achievement to complain about go for "Traveler" in DA:O - where 25+ hours of gameplay can be ruined because you missed one room in the hundreds of buildings. This game has some of the easiest achievements I've ever gotten...

As constantly stated equip War's Glory, ironicly enough found in Iron Canopy for the weapon boosting at the time and grind both weapon's out, make sure to have purchused the Earthquack move for Tremor Gauntlet, makes a world of difference...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht8rSKXOtGE]YouTube- Darksiders - War's Glory[/ame]

Probably the best technique at the current time...

As there where no really good pictures or movies in doing this i made one of my own with some slightly nervous commentary.

Hopefully this will be good enough for everyone to see what to do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM7Cn6mQP9E]YouTube- Darksiders - Best way to get the Battle Harened achivement[/ame]

Enjoy!!

• 5 months later...
I did this method above, but instead of resetting the 1 room every time, I cleared the room you mentioned, then went to the next, there's only about 4-5 spiders there, but if you keep going to the next room with the elevator, drop down to the bottom and there's a ton more spiders there. Clear that room then head outside in the alley, there will be 9-10 more out there.

Continue on down some stairs and an autosave will come up. That is your cue to go back up the stairs into the alley and back into the room with the elevator. This room will have respawn. Clear all those spiders, head up the demon growth into the next room. Thats the room with the 4-5 spiders again, continue on to the next room, and you're back to the main room you mentioned in the original post.

It's a longer route but it seems, at least to me a whole lot more spiders in the same or less amount of time.

And sorry if my directions are weird, I'm not in the game atm, so I can't give precise directions.

Thanks for this post; While the first room worked fine for the gauntlet grind, I found this to work a lot better for the scythe grind. The directions were perfect, too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...