New Quick & Easy 1000 (or close to) Thread

anthonyd46

I have reviewed the last couple pages of this thread and would like to remind everyone to follow this rule of our Code of Conduct:

Play nicely on the forum

The community is a friendly place and we expect you to keep it that way. We are here to share in a fun hobby that we all enjoy. We know the internet is a wild and crazy place, but our part of it is polite and respectful. If you have a problem with a member, then you have two options. We prefer that you use the Report button found on the bottom left of every forum post. Alternately you can post a complaint in the Complaints forum. If instead you choose to attack someone on the forums, you are just as responsible as the person to whom you are responding.

There is absolutely no need for all of the hostility over this. Anthony puts a lot of time into maintaining this list and does a great job maintaining it, especially in comparison to some of the past updaters. Sanger puts a lot of work into finding easy games and suggesting them, which is important for keeping the list updated with new additions. Both of you are valuable members who make important contributions to the site and deserve to be respected; you should not be provoking each other. Please try meeting half way and helping each other out.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a brief synopsis of the thread so far:

1. Game info

2. Sanger is high maintenance and annoying. However, he does a shit ton of research and valuable work for the thread topic.

3. Anthony is a whiny bitch, but owns the thread and updates the list for everyone to use.

4. Now Sanger and Anthony are fighting because of the two personality conflicts.

5. Mods got involved, so quit the shit or you get a pee pee slap.

/The end

Cheers! Keep up the good work you two! lol

Here's a brief synopsis of the thread so far:

1. Game info

2. Sanger is high maintenance and annoying. However, he does a shit ton of research and valuable work for the thread topic.

3. Anthony is a whiny bitch, but owns the thread and updates the list for everyone to use.

4. Now Sanger and Anthony are fighting because of the two personality conflicts.

5. Mods got involved, so quit the shit or you get a pee pee slap.

/The end

Cheers! Keep up the good work you two! lol

Lol, funny cuz it's true.

I take back what I said, sorry Gestapo, I love this site.

I am not a whiny bitch. Just give the suggestions properly.

I'm not taking anyone's side here, I just want this pointless bickering to stop so we can all argue on what game goes in what category.

Sanger has made it perfectly clear. He will only post things a certain way. If that certain way is not the proper way, where proper is specifically defined by Anthony, then Anthony doesnt have to add sanger's suggestions. You should also stop bugging him about following your specific proper way. Go on ignoring each other and see where this thread ends up.

One person doesn't have to do all the research themselves. Sanger doesn't have to post updates to the list in a manner where Anthony just copy pastes everything. One person can suggest a title, someone else can fact check, others might chime in and agree with the estimate. Someone can take "incomplete" suggestions and add the required "parameters" so a game can make it to the list.

I am not a whiny bitch. Just give the suggestions properly.

I "suggested" you have the list split into 360 and XB1 compatible back in 2014 (before the backwards compatible format for XB1) and you just brought it up 2 days ago as someone "criticizing" you about your layout.

It was a recommendation 1.5 years ago and you're still holding onto it like I said your mom wears army boots or something.

Now that XB1 is moving towards backward compatibility, it's a moot point and the list is fine as is... but at the time, you weren't even open to discussing the idea. It was your way or the highway... much like it is now.

I personally don't care how you run the list, because it's your thread and you can do what you want with it. Fight with Sanger all you like, it makes no difference to me.

Like it or not, Sanger contributes a lot to your thread. Rather than try to push him out, why not work with him in a constructive manner to make the list great? Sanger also needs to realize it IS your thread and he should try harder to conform to your ideas. Fighting like you are, serves no purpose and it's just your egos getting in the way.

Wow.... This is completely not what I expected from the high level of activity on this thread over the last few days. I was kind of hoping that there would be a number of good games being released to help me to 500k, instead it's people acting like children.

Sanger doesn't want to take an extra 10 seconds and include extra information, creating what might be a massive research project for Anthony.

Anthony doesn't seem to be able to ask for information nicely.

Noisy Neighbor can't deal with the fact that a video designed to do nothing more than egg the two people on was deleted and so starts attacking a mod (an action that has historically not resulted in good things for the attacker).

Seriously, can people just not play nicely instead of engaging in a pissing contest? I don't see this ending well for anyone involved.

Wow.... This is completely not what I expected from the high level of activity on this thread over the last few days. I was kind of hoping that there would be a number of good games being released to help me to 500k, instead it's people acting like children.

Sanger doesn't want to take an extra 10 seconds and include extra information, creating what might be a massive research project for Anthony.

Anthony doesn't seem to be able to ask for information nicely.

Noisy Neighbor can't deal with the fact that a video designed to do nothing more than egg the two people on was deleted and so starts attacking a mod (an action that has historically not resulted in good things for the attacker).

Seriously, can people just not play nicely instead of engaging in a pissing contest? I don't see this ending well for anyone involved.

Hey, I stopped playing by the rules when it became apparent that the owner of this thread was a little out of order and nothing was being done about it.

Everyone else was hot headed too, not just him but I would like to have thought that stickied thread owners would conduct themselves a little better.

I wasn't attacking the mod, I was giving my view on how I see situations on these boards are handled. And well if any of the mods want to have it 'not end well' for me. Then go ahead, only means the name 'gestapo' was entirely accurate.

I wouldn't recommend any games to this thread because of Anthonys attitude it puts me off as it is his thread he doesn't show enough involvement on looking up the games recommended and expects others to do it all. This thread is unfortunately dieing and the sooner Sanger takes it over the better ! ( There i said what everybody else was thinking )

I wouldn't recommend any games to this thread because of Anthonys attitude it puts me off as it is his thread he doesn't show enough involvement on looking up the games recommended and expects others to do it all. This thread is unfortunately dieing and the sooner Sanger takes it over the better ! ( There i said what everybody else was thinking )

Are you serious? Not enough involvement? You guys post the suggestions I check it over get a consensus and then update the list. Why should I have to look up the attributes when it takes 10 seconds to add them on. I don't expect anyone to do anything. Just if you are going to suggest something do it right.

This is really out of control now. Sanger was doing things the proper way. Then he suggested Windows 10 I said no he got offended and now he's posting things without attritibuies out of spite to piss me off. I defend myself and this whole thread goes crazy.

I think its more the way you said no.

Eitherway, shits gonna get too heated, hope this gets back on track lol.

I love how you made an account just to say this. Welcome to the site. But you don't speak for everyone. I personally do not want Sanger to take over this thread. He's the reason why I stopped posting here to begin with. There that's my "two cents." This needs to stop now please. I'm tired of getting e-mail notifications about a one-sided flame war.

I wasn't attacking the mod, I was giving my view on how I see situations on these boards are handled. And well if any of the mods want to have it 'not end well' for me. Then go ahead, only means the name 'gestapo' was entirely accurate.

Comparing someone to the Nazis is pretty much an attack regardless of how you frame it. And if someone takes it as a compliment, I would seriously question their mindset.

It's kind of like how people say "I have OCD because I don't want to start a game I can't finish." That's not OCD, a medical condition. That's a personal preference. Same thing with comparing someone to a Nazi organization because they asked people to play nice. I don't think anyone from the Nazi Party would have asked as nicely as the mod did. Heck, if it was me making the decision, I would have locked this thread, copied the actual list into a new thread and started the whole thing over. And even that would be nice compared to Gestapo tactics.

Tone down the rhetoric.

Yes, let's bring the attacks to a close now. Nothing more than a polite reminder was posted to keep the Code of Conduct in mind and stop the fighting.

All the time and effort that goes into maintaining and making suggestions in this thread is appreciated, so let's not lose that through arguing.

Comparing someone to the Nazis is pretty much an attack regardless of how you frame it. And if someone takes it as a compliment, I would seriously question their mindset.

It's kind of like how people say "I have OCD because I don't want to start a game I can't finish." That's not OCD, a medical condition. That's a personal preference. Same thing with comparing someone to a Nazi organization because they asked people to play nice. I don't think anyone from the Nazi Party would have asked as nicely as the mod did. Heck, if it was me making the decision, I would have locked this thread, copied the actual list into a new thread and started the whole thing over. And even that would be nice compared to Gestapo tactics.

Tone down the rhetoric.

Ha, come on that's ridiculous. I was obviously using an organization that represented heavy handed tactics and a judge, jury and executioner method to represent my view of how moderators on boards handle situations nowadays.

I was in no way implying they had anything in common with the atrocities to humanity that they committed.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this 'community'...

PS: I suffer from anxiety, depression and OCD and I find your example incredibly offensive. Appropriating a medical condition that destroys lives is in no way comparable to feeling a little hurt at someones comaprison.

Ha, come on that's ridiculous. I was obviously using an organization that represented heavy handed tactics and a judge, jury and executioner method to represent my view of how moderators on boards handle situations nowadays.

I was in no way implying they had anything in common with the atrocities to humanity that they committed.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this 'community'...

PS: I suffer from anxiety, depression and OCD and I find your example incredibly offensive. Appropriating a medical condition that destroys lives is in no way comparable to feeling a little hurt at someones comaprison.

Well, as a person who found your Gestapo example incredibly offensive, I'll apologize if you will. As a sufferer of PTSD (something I've been very public about), I understand that people claiming to have mental illnesses when in fact it's just a personal preference or them making a mountain out of a molehill have a horrible effect on the stigma surrounding them. This is something I have said many times over the course of my tenure in this community, most often when someone tries to make a glib comparison of their desires to OCD. It is an affliction that far too many people attempt to appropriate to serve their own needs, which is kind of what the example is about.

Now, unless your response is "I apologize for making such an extreme comparison," I'd suggest that you follow this piece of advice:

Yes, let's bring the attacks to a close now. Nothing more than a polite reminder was posted to keep the Code of Conduct in mind and stop the fighting.

All the time and effort that goes into maintaining and making suggestions in this thread is appreciated, so let's not lose that through arguing.

If the list doesn't have that information its useless.....I have said countless times if you are going to suggest something we need a consensus

Couldn't disagree more personally. I don't need any of the extra information and am perfectly capable of doing any research on my own before I purchase a game and I'm sure everyone else is as well. Even with the attributes I'm still going to research it either way before I buy it. I don't even check the main page any more unless I'm double checking to make sure a suggestion isn't already on there. I come here only to check for new quick game suggestions and a time estimate which is exactly what he's been giving and I suspect the few regulars who frequent the thread do the same.

And I've said it before but we are almost never going to get a consensus on this thread as very few people are active on it and even fewer are playing all the new games. I fully trust his suggestions and even if not I can easily check TA and see how many people have completed it and roughly what the time frame is.

You run the thread and you've the been the best by far at keeping it updated so you can do whatever you want with the main page you'd like but I have zero issue with people suggesting any game on any platform as long as it's a quick and easy 1k which is all this thread is suppose to be about. If you don't want to add them to the main page that's your prerogative, but I find everyone's suggestions extremely useful regardless if they meet the exact criteria you've laid out.

If you want to delete the debate or even most of this feel free, but just wanted to add my 2 cents as someone who's frequented this thread for years.

Killer Instinct Classic (X1)(DO)- 15-25

Couldn't disagree more personally. I don't need any of the extra information and am perfectly capable of doing any research on my own before I purchase a game and I'm sure everyone else is as well. Even with the attributes I'm still going to research it either way before I buy it. I don't even check the main page any more unless I'm double checking to make sure a suggestion isn't already on there. I come here only to check for new quick game suggestions and a time estimate which is exactly what he's been giving and I suspect the few regulars who frequent the thread do the same.

And I've said it before but we are almost never going to get a consensus on this thread as very few people are active on it and even fewer are playing all the new games. I fully trust his suggestions and even if not I can easily check TA and see how many people have completed it and roughly what the time frame is.

You run the thread and you've the been the best by far at keeping it updated so you can do whatever you want with the main page you'd like but I have zero issue with people suggesting any game on any platform as long as it's a quick and easy 1k which is all this thread is suppose to be about. If you don't want to add them to the main page that's your prerogative, but I find everyone's suggestions extremely useful regardless if they meet the exact criteria you've laid out.

If you want to delete the debate or even most of this feel free, but just wanted to add my 2 cents as someone who's frequented this thread for years.

Killer Instinct Classic (X1)(DO)- 15-25

Thank you for providing a suggestion with the correct formatting. I think the attributes are important not everyone has that kind of patience to go and do research. Some just want to look at the list and decide without doing anything else.

Don't think King's Quest has been suggested yet. Not quite sure the best way to list the 3 stacks of it as the 360 version has separate achievements if you buy the complete collection and the individual chapter separately. But only the first chapter is worth 1000. If you want to modify it at all feel free.

And episode 5 for Minecraft: Story mode has released on all 3 platforms so that can be added officially. Although they have announced 3 additional episodes to be added down the road but the original 1000 will still remain in the 5-10 range.

And Killer Instinct Classic does need 2 controllers do be doable in that time frame.

King's Quest: Chapter 1 (X1)(DO)- under 5

King's Quest: Chapter 1 (360)(DO)- under 5

King's Quest: The Complete Collection (chapter. 1 only)(360)(DO)- under 5

Minecraft: Story Mode (X1)- 5-10

Minecraft: Story Mode (360)- 5-10

Killer Instinct Classic (X1)(DO)(2C)- 15-25