Please I need help!

Hey everyone I need your help. You see my ex best friend has my ss card and wont give it back. Im only 17 and hes only 16 and he said he wont give it back and will hurt me if I try to get it. Do any of you have any advice. I could really use it because, you need your ssn for everything and I dont remeber it. And etc. Anyways... Thanks if you can help

Definatly tell your parents!!

but what is an SS card?? anyone mind telling me?

Im guessing Social Security?

But yeh everyones right, talk to someone, cops, parents, anyone at your school you can trust to handle the matter carefully. But you cant sit around doing nothing. And like has been said, ignore the threats, this person has to learn that he cant get away with stuff.

Edited by Pootcrum

I think you should talk to your parents first, see what they think, and if nothing good comes out of talking to them then call the police. Guarantee you will get it back that way, since this is theft. That is, by far, the easiest way for someone's identity to be stolen. After you get it back, don't talk to this person again. You may have been friends but a real friend wouldn't do something like this.

Definatly tell your parents!!

but what is an SS card?? anyone mind telling me?

Social Security Card, its kind of like an ID card unique to each person a social security card is issued at birth here in the states. This ties everything financial to that particular person it was issued for, meaning if you want a loan, a contract cell phone, buying a car and need financing, all of that goes through credit checks which a social security number is required for. Since their card is stolen by a former friend, said former friend could do some damage by selling the SSN off to other people, or could in fact illegally use it themselves which as mentioned is identity theft.

Honestly man, I'd tell your parents about it, at least get them involved and contacting the other kid's parents, if they won't do anything then go legal on them. We're talking about a pretty important matter here because if something happens to your credit it could mean bad things when dealing with future things; student loans, car loans, housing loans, bank loans. You could need one of these things in the future and if someone's wrecked your credit it's going to be really tough.

Hey everyone I need your help. You see my ex best friend has my ss card and wont give it back. Im only 17 and hes only 16 and he said he wont give it back and will hurt me if I try to get it. Do any of you have any advice. I could really use it because, you need your ssn for everything and I dont remeber it. And etc. Anyways... Thanks if you can help

Or she and herself...

Im only 17 and hes only 16 and he said he wont give it back and will hurt me if I try to get it.

First of all, coming to x360a for such a personal issue isn't going to help it be resolved per se. I mean, I guess you feel comfortable coming to people you don't know personally, which I can totally understand... I'm just saying, it's almost impossible that you didn't have an instinct to tell your parents or the law... When it comes to something like this, go with your instincts and do the right thing. Your dad will get mad, that's a temporary thing... Having your SS Card taken away can hurt you in the long-run forever.

Inform the Emperor of your ex-friends misdeeds. A letter will be promptly sent and your friend will no doubt fall on his own sword to avoid the shame of being called before the senate.

Hahaha hilarious.

I didnt want to tell my dad because he would get pissed but ill have to it seems. But I guess id have to now. And He was high when he said hed beat me up he said he doesnt remember. I told him I wouldnt be his friend anymore because hes always high thats when he said he wouldnt give it back.

But thanks everyone =]

Hahaha hilarious.

I didnt want to tell my dad because he would get pissed but ill have to it seems. But I guess id have to now. And He was high when he said hed beat me up he said he doesnt remember. I told him I wouldnt be his friend anymore because hes always high thats when he said he wouldnt give it back.

But thanks everyone =]

speaking as a father.(my oldest is 16) i would want to know so i could help you. the reaction maybe a little rough at first, but its not so much anger towards you as it is, anger towards the situation.. i would be angry at your "friend", BUT i would be a little upset with you for putting yourself in that situation.

that being said, doing nothing will not solve your problem. tell your parents, especially if you think his threats and this whole incident is valid.

not only that but it would give you brownie points in my book, since you dont want to be friends with someone getting high all the time.

speaking as a father.(my oldest is 16) i would want to know so i could help you. the reaction maybe a little rough at first, but its not so much anger towards you as it is, anger towards the situation.. i would be angry at your "friend", BUT i would be a little upset with you for putting yourself in that situation.

that being said, doing nothing will not solve your problem. tell your parents, especially if you think his threats and this whole incident is valid.

not only that but it would give you brownie points in my book, since you dont want to be friends with someone getting high all the time.

I'm with the old man on this one (who, oddly, has the same first name as me). So, instead of reading this post, you should be telling your parents about the stolen SS card. If you're reading this, you obviously didn't pay attention to the previous sentence.

I'm with the old man on this one (who, oddly, has the same first name as me). So, instead of reading this post, you should be telling your parents about the stolen SS card. If you're reading this, you obviously didn't pay attention to the previous sentence.

lol!! ouch!! i'm not that old!!!:eek:

and actually its the first time that i have been called an "old man"

its all good though!