Achievement Discussion

bLaKgRaVy

Yeah, it does seem like a generic Lego list. We've pretty much seen 90% of these achievements in other games in one form or another. I'm thinking that this will play similar to other Lego games, but there will be subtle differences, kind of like Lego City Undercover for the Wii U (I would love to play Lego City, but I'm not buying a Wii U just for it). I don't think it will be as elaborate as Potter, Batman 2, LotR or Marvel; more like Pirates or Indy 1.

A lot of "defeat X enemies with X" ones, though.

I'm thinking the the dance mini games are just to press A, B, X, or Y at certain times.

"The Special" is apparently maxing your studs for each level. Any side missions, or just the 15 story missions?

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Yeah, it does seem like a generic Lego list. We've pretty much seen 90% of these achievements in other games in one form or another. I'm thinking that this will play similar to other Lego games, but there will be subtle differences, kind of like Lego City Undercover for the Wii U (I would love to play Lego City, but I'm not buying a Wii U just for it). I don't think it will be as elaborate as Potter, Batman 2, LotR or Marvel; more like Pirates or Indy 1.

A lot of "defeat X enemies with X" ones, though.

I'm thinking the the dance mini games are just to press A, B, X, or Y at certain times.

"The Special" is apparently maxing your studs for each level. Any side missions, or just the 15 story missions?

I wanted to play Lego City also, looked pretty fun. But I saw this games trailer on the dash and it looks pretty damn fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Collectibles, 1M studs and 100% completion achievements again yay. More grind time.

If you complain about a certain type of game, why play it? No one is forcing you to play these games... just sayin'

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that they're a grind, especially towards the end, and while I don't really find it fun per say, it's still enjoyable to me. I follow a pattern every time; story mode first, then free play completely, then the hub. If I need something to unlock a story or bonus level, then I do the hub until I can continue with story. I wouldn't have 1000G is all but Marvel if I didn't think so. :)

<to below>

I haven't attempted Marvel yet, so the only games I've played with flight mechanics were the three Star Wars games, Indy 2 and Batman 2 (I think that's it, and Potter, but I don't count Quidditch). They were a little frustrating, but after a time or two it wasn't a problem. The vehicles definitely handle differently than characters (Superman and Green Lantern). I've been hearing that Marvel is a pain in the arse.

And I'm calling it now... no online, no unlocking achievements for a second local player and the cheat codes (if there are any) do NOT disable achievements. :p

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

I don't mind the 100% completion achievement but getting it in this game is a pain in arse thanks to the stupid races and poor flight mechanics.

Are you sure you're not talking about LEGO Marvel?

I don't recall any races or things that needed flight in The LEGO Movie game and I'm at 99.something% percent at the moment (need to pick up the last gold brick).

There are no flying challenges in this game. No flying period except with Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Ghost Vitruvius and they act just the same as they did in Batman 2. I personally had no issues with character flying in that game.

Some of the tasks to get red bricks and even some golden manuals in the levels are mildly annoying (like the first two manuals in Flatbush Gulch when you're tumbling down the hill), but nothing too bad.

This game is very reminiscent of the old Lego games like Star Wars II and Indy 1 and even Pirates. Just the basics, only 15 levels, a bonus level and small hubs with only 20 red bricks in the four hubs and 6 collectibles in each level. All the characters are unlocked through story mode and you don't have to search for them through the levels to buy them. Very simplistic. A welcome change from the grinds of Marvel, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars III, Potter and Batman 2.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy