XBL Accounts Hit by Service Alert

iBuzz7S

You may want to hold off on recovering your profile for a little while.

http://speedcap.net/img/648081f70ee4b394bbcc9ea088f217b0/73e2da03.png

Microsoft's issued an Xbox Live service alert, warning of problems with account management. If you're about to Jump In for the first time, or claw your account back from a mate's console, you might want to hold off for a few hours.
Quote taken from OXM. Edited by iBuzz7S

Yeah, and people are assuming for a very good reason. The fifa hack ordeal is a big mess that Microsoft still has yet to acknowledge or fix.

Thats because this "FIFA Hack" isn't a hack.. Its Social Engineering and a form of Brute Force.. You can't resolve this.. its been happening for years on the internet.. The service is fine.. be smart and Make a new Email solely for your Xbox Account.. as well as new password that is solely for that email.. Dont fall for phishing scams and all is well.

Thats because this "FIFA Hack" isn't a hack.. Its Social Engineering and a form of Brute Force.. You can't resolve this.. its been happening for years on the internet.. The service is fine.. be smart and Make a new Email solely for your Xbox Account.. as well as new password that is solely for that email.. Dont fall for phishing scams and all is well.

I haven't been compromised, but people i know have. They have different emails, passwords and don't fall for phishing scans and it still happens.

If it happened to you, would you not call it a hack?

So I recovered my account last night and read this article this morning, lucky me!

Everything appears to be normal, I can connect to live and play online. All my stats are the same and my achievements are still there. Should I have anything to worry about?

This isn't even true.

People are getting hit that have a completely different windows live id and password. Some have EA accounts and some don't. Go check out the hacking thread in the FIFA12 forums.

Sounds like that is a fault on EAs end..

Well it is, technically. Since their website was hacked if i remember correctly a while back (5-6 months ago). But it's also still a problem on Microsoft's end since there shouldn't be any way for people to access our accounts if we use different emails and passwords for EA's website and our Gamertag email.

So I recovered my account last night and read this article this morning, lucky me!

Everything appears to be normal, I can connect to live and play online. All my stats are the same and my achievements are still there. Should I have anything to worry about?

Not yet. But if you have any Credit Card info on your xbox, it's suggested to take that off ASAP and make sure you don't have any points that are leftover for them to use on Fifa if you ever do get hacked.

My gold just expired today. Does this mean I should wait to renew it? I mean, I'm not going to be playing xbox for about another week so it's not a big deal. Just curious.

Everything looks to be up and running again.

http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-live-status

Should be safe to renew if you want to do it now.

Edit.

Back again. LOL.

Edited by iBuzz7S