One Man Army airship locations

Somehow, I managed to beat HL2 and miss this achievement (along with Counter-Sniper). Don't ask how, I figure it bugged out on me since it's pretty near impossible to miss these when you're the type of player that kills everything.

Can anyone enlighten me as to where the 6 airships are? What chapters do I need to revisit to get this?

I can't remember the chapters, but I can tell you some locations where you encounter gunships. Odd that you missed this one. These are not numbered in any kind of order, just as I remember them.

1. I think this one is in the Santraps chapter, when you reach the lighthouse and fight off the Combine. After the dropships there will be a gunship that you have to shoot down.

2. When you get to that long railroad bridge and work your way through it's underneath constructions, there will be a gunship after you disable the forcefield preventing you from accessing the bridge's top part.

3. When you are controlling antlions and get to that prison area, just before you go inside gunships will attack you, I'm not sure if there were one or two.

4. Oh, and when you get the rocket launcher the first time in the resistance campment, a gunship will attack.

I know for sure I killed 1, 2 and 4. Care to elaborate on 3?

Oh...

5. Just before fighting the Striders in AntiCitizen one (?) there's an airship flying around causing a ruckus. I think I may have shot this one once and then it flew away...

6. & 7. Dark Matter - You destroy 2 Airships with energy balls. These must count towards the achievement...

How did any of you miss this?

There are three on Highway 17

1. When you get the rocket launcher

2. When you use the crane and jumped over the broken bridge. You hit a car blockade, there is a rocket box in one of them.

3. Under the train bridge when you are shutting off the power.

There are three maybe four on sandtrap near the very end of the level

4. The lighthouse.

5 and 6 and i think 7. Are shooting you when you reach the dead end, when you destroy them, they open up the sid eof the building for you.

Extra gunships tip: If you are on the last level and you need say 1 or 2 gunships, the moment you take down the shield (when you are attacking it with the energy balls) if you are slow, 2 gunships appear and try to stop you, use the energy balls to destroy them, they also count.

Sorry didn't see Io Haze oI post which had most of this information

• 3 weeks later...

Nexus, you're partially correct (gave me enough info to finish it, anyway).

The best way to get this achievement from start to finish is to load up Chapter 7: Highway 17

The gunships you need are as follows:

1. When you get to the little outpost where you get the rocket launcher
  2. After you lower the bridge with the crane and get back on the road, you'll make a jump where the gunship appears. In the car blockade there's a white van with a rocket box inside
  3. Once you kill the power to the shield on the train bridge, you'll have to fight this gunship underneath the bridge. In the middle of the bridge there's an area with a rocket box
  4. In the outpost with the lighthouse. After you fight off the drop ships, a gunship will appear. In the lighthouse there's a rocket box
  5. In Chapter 8: Sandtraps once you get to the prison and you're in the court, two gunships will appear
  6. In the prison court with the 5th gunship

The two gunships at the end of the game can't possibly count as I killed them and never got the achievement. I believe I missed #2 the first time around.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Nexus, you're partially correct (gave me enough info to finish it, anyway).

The best way to get this achievement from start to finish is to load up Chapter 7: Highway 17

The gunships you need are as follows:

1. When you get to the little outpost where you get the rocket launcher
  2. After you lower the bridge with the crane and get back on the road, you'll make a jump where the gunship appears. In the car blockade there's a white van with a rocket box inside
  3. Once you kill the power to the shield on the train bridge, you'll have to fight this gunship underneath the bridge. In the middle of the bridge there's an area with a rocket box
  4. In the outpost with the lighthouse. After you fight off the drop ships, a gunship will appear. In the lighthouse there's a rocket box
  5. In Chapter 8: Sandtraps once you get to the prison and you're in the court, two gunships will appear
  6. In the prison court with the 5th gunship

The two gunships at the end of the game can't possibly count as I killed them and never got the achievement. I believe I missed #2 the first time around.

Cheers!

wow thanks man, greAT outline/guide