How long does it take to install all of Battlefield?

WickedD365

Thats kind of a hard question for people to reply to because how good of a condition your xbox is does affect this.

I'd say maybe an hour depending on the total size, imma install when i get it in a lil, and if nobody else is on here yet ill tell you how long my last leg arcade with my elite hard drive in it takes.

The only bad thing is that you have to download the HD textures.....that will take ages.

No you don't. I installed mine offline by accident when I first put the game in, not realizing I wasn't signed into Live. I only noticed I was offline when I thought, "Hey, I was never prompted to download the update. What gives?" The content is on the disc.

Just the texture pack install by itself didn't take me more than two minutes. The update also went fairly quick, maybe a minute or two. I didn't install anything else yet because I could only play for a little before I needed sleep for work.

No you don't. I installed mine offline by accident when I first put the game in, not realizing I wasn't signed into Live. I only noticed I was offline when I thought, "Hey, I was never prompted to download the update. What gives?" The content is on the disc.

Just the texture pack install by itself didn't take me more than two minutes. The update also went fairly quick, maybe a minute or two. I didn't install anything else yet because I could only play for a little before I needed sleep for work.

Ohhh ok thats cool.

That was the plan. Both disk and and texture pack.

I will be going back and installing both discs this afternoon after work before I play again. I had stated yesterday that the loading time advantage from BC2 was gone, but now that I think about it, that's not totally true. If you load up quicker, you have more time to get your kit(s) set up the way you want them before the match starts! With so many options and such a variety of things to pick from, I need all the time available to get myself sorted before the match begins.

Installing discs really doesn't take long, from my experience it's usually around 10 to 20 minutes.

I don't know why but it seemed like these discs took me longer to install then most, I always install my games to my HDD. Maybe it was just something going on with me. I got home around 12:15-12:30 last night and didn't get done installing content and games until around 12:55-1:00. Bad internet, I know.

I don't know why but it seemed like these discs took me longer to install then most, I always install my games to my HDD. Maybe it was just something going on with me. I got home around 12:15-12:30 last night and didn't get done installing content and games until around 12:55-1:00. Bad internet, I know.

Your connection shouldn't have anything to do with it. Installing the discs and the HD content can all be done offline. The only thing you need Live for is to download the title update.

FYI, I just installed Battlefield 3 and I now have to download around 167MB of patch so add some extra time depending on your net speed - not sure if it's the same in other SKU's but that's what happened with my region SKU.

That patch seriously took me less than 2 minutes to download last night, and that was at like 12:30 EST when there should have been half a billion people trying to download it.

I already installed both of the discs to my hard drive and installed the hd/texture pack. I used the multiplayer disc to install the hd pack. Do I have to install the texture pack on the other disc as well? I just feel the graphics in single player are not that great. I already tried to install the texture pack on the single player disc but can't seem to find a way to do it it.