Is anybody out there? Anybody?

Crims0nPenguin

That's the feeling I've been getting recently on the new maps when I play conquest as infantry.

I've also noticed I've had more contact camping a base for ten minutes rather than seeking out enemies at uncapped bases.

I know the maps are huge, and they are catered just towards vehicles; I'm not complaining about that option one bit, but I wish Dice would have spawned more vehicles in the map...

As far as I can see all bases are equipped with one or two heavy armored ground vehicles and two or three light transport vehicles.

Anyone unfortunate enough to find a vehicle has to travel on foot for quite a distance or wait long enough for a vehicle to spawn.

I'm pretty sure these maps play much better on PC versions, especially based on my experience a few months back when I played a 32v32 on Caspian Borders on PC. But the least Dice could do is spawn more Quads and/or create quicker spawn times for the quads.

Wondering if anyone else feels something similar to this...

This is the problem they created for themselves when they gave PC 64 players and console 24, it's impossible for them to create the perfect experience for both crowds so one always suffers. As for your topic though, I cant say I've noticed too much purely because I haven't played too much AK yet.

I thought I was going to hate AK because of this problem here, but I actually enjoy it more. The maps are so big that I can get away with running around by myself if I don't have friends to join.

Just give me some tank mines, a rocket launcher, and a quad. I'll be capping bases like it's going out of style.

OP: I was seriously hearing Pink Floyd when I read the thread title. :p

I thought I was going to hate AK because of this problem here, but I actually enjoy it more. The maps are so big that I can get away with running around by myself if I don't have friends to join.

Just give me some tank mines, a rocket launcher, and a quad. I'll be capping bases like it's going out of style.

Rocket Race: you know it's gonna happen :)

50/50. I can enjoy AK, I'm not as effective on it as I am the original maps but do enjoy the fact that I can actually finally get stinger and igla kills and have managed a few jet kills now too. As an ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS pilot, that's kind of liberating.

Though it truly does suck to not have a quad to get around on...

The maps are breathtaking, but a complete waste on console. Look at the Scoreboard when the game is over. Most people finish out with negative KDRs, and you won't see anyone putting up any serious number of kills. The majority of the games I have won have been because we held 3-4 bases and bled tickets from the other team. The new vehicles are cool. There are way too many surface to air threats to make flying a viable option and there are simply not enough people on these maps to make them compelling. Once I finish the assignments, I'll be going back to TDM or Conquest on the original maps. I'll stand by my prior assessment. These maps are a snoozefest.

@ OP Yes there are games that can be slow but you also can have slow games on original maps too. I have gone 28-4 and have had several games that I have done just as good on. For AK Conquest if you are not in some kind of vehicle you are doing it wrong and/or you need to find some friends to play the game with you.

My only complaint about AK is that I did not get to play more of it before BL2 came out.

Also if you think their are too few people try playing Rush or TDM on AK maps, TDM is especially fun.

I'm REALLY glad I wasn't the first to reply with that. Otherwise I'd be very disappointed in all of you here.

But Opiate, you saved me from that. <3

Also if you think their are too few people try playing Rush or TDM on AK maps, TDM is especially fun.

You know as much as I hate TDM, I tried Bandar to finish off a few kills for another G53 star... there was only 10 people in the game when I routed in, 300 ticket game too and it was a sniper match with a couple assaults getting picked off everywhere they went. Each team only had about 50 kills, very slow start so I nibbled through the snipers, the lobby started to fill and it turned into a right A-1 cluster fuck of mad fun by the end. Not too shabby.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64043629/2/222087828/

EDIT: when I typed "Battlelog" into my browser I almost typed "Battletoads". Oh man...

Edited by Opiate42

I still think that they are way to huge for 12v12. But,the more I play and remember the maps the more I get into them. Playing them on rush isn't really fun IMO for the defending team(every minute I have to focus on gunship.) I think that it should be an option that could be turned off. But I think that once it releases for non-prems(who isnt premium?) it should be more fun for the rest of us. But I feel like these maps do not premote anything other than Engineers. I still like them tho. I also think alot of people don't like these maps because they are so used to the other older ones and have rituals and habits in the older ones.

Haha, me too! Oh, man they used to play that song on the radio every time I played BF3, now it's burned into my head forever.

Have had Floyd burned into my head since birth along with Sabbath, Jimi, and Zeppelin.

So now we have Roger Waters and Battletoads. Oh dear, I've gone and done it again.

http://www.xblafans.com/xblas-most-wanted-battletoads-2-20275.html

So now when we're wandering Bandar aimlessly on foot for 20 minutes looking for something to do and thinking about the price we paid for Premium, we will always have Pink Floyd:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ofFa50LzY]Money - Pink Floyd (Pulse) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Opiate42

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agrees with this. Conquest kind of bores me on AK just for he sole fact I don't use choppers/jets, so this geared me toward playing Rush and TDM. I feel as if these maps aren't scaled properly (on conquest at least) for just 24 players.