Kain's Lance dismantle worth it?

eskEMO

Hiyo,

I just started farming Adamantortoises today. (I can't find Adamantoise... -_-) Anyway, I was using the death spamming, but I think I need to move on to a better method. All of my characters are nearly maxed in their 3 innate roles. I killed about 7 tortoises today & managed to snag a Trap on my 5th kill. Should I upgrade Fang's "Kain's Lance" to * level & then dismantle it? It only gives about 200,000 gil in sellables, but it returns 3 traps as well. (as opposed to the 2 that other weapons give)

I'm curious as to whether or not people would think this is a faster method than farming all 6 traps. I know I need A LOT of gil for Treasure Hunter, but I've still yet to beat the Titan Trials and any Ci'eth missions beyond that. Do you think I'd make up the gil farming for the last 3~ traps that I need & also completing the rest of the Ci'eth missions?

Also, how should I go about killing Adamantortoises/Adamantoise without Death spamming? A useful strat would be nice...I watched a couple videos of summoning at the start to take out the legs, but is that the only other viable option? I don't have any Genji Gloves yet.

Thanks in advance for any insight & sorry for the wall of text. =X

• 2 weeks later...
Hiyo,

I just started farming Adamantortoises today. (I can't find Adamantoise... -_-) Anyway, I was using the death spamming, but I think I need to move on to a better method. All of my characters are nearly maxed in their 3 innate roles. I killed about 7 tortoises today & managed to snag a Trap on my 5th kill. Should I upgrade Fang's "Kain's Lance" to * level & then dismantle it? It only gives about 200,000 gil in sellables, but it returns 3 traps as well. (as opposed to the 2 that other weapons give)

I'm curious as to whether or not people would think this is a faster method than farming all 6 traps. I know I need A LOT of gil for Treasure Hunter, but I've still yet to beat the Titan Trials and any Ci'eth missions beyond that. Do you think I'd make up the gil farming for the last 3~ traps that I need & also completing the rest of the Ci'eth missions?

Also, how should I go about killing Adamantortoises/Adamantoise without Death spamming? A useful strat would be nice...I watched a couple videos of summoning at the start to take out the legs, but is that the only other viable option? I don't have any Genji Gloves yet.

Thanks in advance for any insight & sorry for the wall of text. =X

Not sure if your still looking for help but here's my input. Usually once I hit post game i'm already pretty maxxed as far as 3 main roles go so ill complete most of the mark missions in numerical order trying to 5* as much as i can, leaving one of the marks in the circle formation not completed as once you do so (see my post http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=353702). Then ill use one of the traps for a Kain's Lance and try to get 2 more while also hoping for plat ingots for gil.

Sry if my above explanation isn't great if you'd still like me to clarify anything ill try my best XD.

As far as toise farming goes look here- http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=218764

A little tip which i can suggest was if i felt my party was a little underpowered was i setup a sen/sen/sen paradigm and i would quickly switch to it whenever i notice the toise about to stomp to avoid being hit big.

Borrowed from this GameFAQs guide here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/faqs/59331

Once you have one Trapezohedron, you can turn that one into three.

To do this, pick up a Mistilteinn, one of Vanille's weapons, buyable from

Plautus's Workshop for 11,000 gil. Along with this, you will need the

following materials:

159 Sturdy Bone

89 Superconductor

2 Particle Accelerator

28 Ultracompact Reactor

Total gil: 1,507,400 gil

1 Scarletite - (bought for 100,000 gil from "The Motherlode", or farmed

from enemies. See "Obtaining Catalysts" section.)

1 Trapezohedron

Now, use the following items to upgrade the Mistilteinn in this exact

order (for best cost effectiveness)

36 x Sturdy Bone

50 x Superconductor

1 x Scarletite

36 x Sturdy Bone

2 x Ultracompact Reactor

15 x Sturdy Bone

27 x Superconductor

1 x Trapezohedron

36 x Sturdy Bone

26 x Ultracompact Reactor

36 x Sturdy Bone

2 x Particle Accelerator

12 x Superconductor

The weapon should now be a maxed out Nirvana. Once you dismantle this, you

will receive:

71 x Monstrous Fang

60 x Entrancing Tail

36 x Moonblossom Seed

10 x Tear of Woe

3 x Trapezohedron

Another shortcut that gets overlooked is the Genji Glove. You get a total of 3, each which only take 1 lvl up to max(at about 11,000exp I think). Each Genji Glove you dismantle equals 1 Trapezohedron. So that makes a total of 3 extra Traps when the time is right. What I do is keep 1-2 until I'm pretty much finished with everything else. Then max them all and then dismantle them for easy progress Treasure Hunter. Actually to be honest I have a "yard sale" and sell off pretty much everything I don't need once I have it. Since you don't need to have the items on you when you talk to Bhakti, they just need to have been in your possession at some point. This tactic gives you and OMEGA boost towards finishing what you need to do as far as items are concerned.

(Btw If you do the "Yard Sale" Plz make a separate save in case of screw ups:))

Actually... after getting strong enough to reliably destroy the Adamantois in Eden (I'm killing it in under two minutes thirty), I've gained four Trapezohedrons, and over a dozen Platinum Ingots...

...in less than four hours. I kid you not.

So with this in mind... I'm thinking it's not worth it to spend over a million Gil to bring any weapon (Kane's Lance, or the Nirvana) to T3* and dismantle... nor is it a good idea to waste your Genji Gloves (I'm using two right now... one on Fang, and believe it or not, one on Vanille now that she's hitting for cap after using debuffs on a target... and when I'm using Lightning, Fang, and Vanille, all three are in use) until the absolute last moments of your game's save file.

It's just not worth it, when you can destroy the Adamantois and respawn it quickly. I'm averaging about fifteen battles an hour (this includes the fight, and running back and forth to force a respawn, and the occassional sale of PIs and a quick save).

If you're interested, I'll share my "Pre-Tier 3" setup, as well as my current setup (which just includes the use of a T3* Dragoon's Lance on Fang).

I have a simple way of Farming the Adamantoise in Eden. This works for lower level parties. All you have to do is abuse summon. There are tons of enemies in the area, once you kiill Adamantoise with the summon strategy, simply kill the enemies around for TP. I farmed that dino right after I beat the game.

@ Terra -

I would love to see your pre Tier-3 setups

I should preface this with a warning... I'm a major power-leveler (been this way since FFI), and have a habit of picking up EVERYTHING possible... so you might not have the same gear as I did... but you can still get away with lower-end equipment. I'd cleared the Cie'th Stone missions well before dedicating myself to farming for Trapz and PIs.

The setup!

I use a team of Fang, Vanille, and Snow. Fang is (in my opinion) the ~strongest~ commando, and her having Haste, Faithra, and Bravera make her far better to have as your leader, than any other character. Throw in her "Highwind" attack, and she is ~the~ best character for this job. Vanille's debuffs really make Adamantoise farming easier, and Snow's got the second most useful debuffs for this battle. All of my team are at their Crystarium's maxium levels (everything is at "Lv. 5"), so you may be missing special abilities like "Highwind" and might not have "Lightning" on Fang. If that's the case, farm CP until you do. It's important!

For equipment, I'm using the following

Fang:

Kain's Lance (Dragoon Lance at T3*) [You can also use the "Glaive", Blaided Lance at T2*, as I was using this until my first Trap drop]

Genji Glove, Power Glove, Power Glove, Gaian Ring

Vanille:

Malboro Wand (Belladonna Wand at T2*)

Weirding Glyph, Weirding Glyph, Connoissuer Catalog, Gaian Ring

Snow:

Soul Blazer (Feymark at T2*)

Weirding Glyph, Weirding Glyph, Collector's Catalog, Gaian Ring

My Paradigm Deck:

1: Syn/Med/Med

2: Rav/Rav/Rav

3: Com/Med/Med

4: Syn/Sab/Sab

5: Com/Rav/Sab

6: Sen/Sen/Sen

I start off with #1, and immediately cast Haste and Bravera on Fang. Depending on your HP rating, you might also want to use a second round to cast Protectera on yourself... but you should be fine with Vanille and Snow covering you with their Curaja and Curasa. Follow this with Haste on Vanille, and then Haste on Snow. Only bother with Protectera on your entire team ~if~ your HP is hitting RED any time the Adamantoise stamps the ground. Obviously your Health Points aren't high enough to outlast this battle, and you'll need to keep an eye on your health.

After you have Haste and Bravera on Fang, and Haste on Vanille and Snow, jump straight to #2, and MANUALLY select "Thunder" for Fang, and focus on a leg. You should be able to get the Stagger to trigger after your initial five attacks, plus two (just press "Y" to force your attack) further ATB units of Thunder. Depending on how high your Strength is, as well as the equipment you are using, you can leave the Stagger at "400%" and go right to #3 for the offense. However, if you don't have TWO Power Gloves (or better), and the Genji Glove, you may want to bring the Stagger Bar up as high as you can, keeping it building until you only have three seconds until the Stagger fails.

In #3, Immediately (and I mean it!) MANUALLY select your "Highwind" ability for Fang (if you don't have it, you should NOT be doing this battle right now), and aim for the Staggered leg. With luck (and if you have the equipment and levels, you have this), you will take the leg out in the first shot.

If you killed the leg, awesome! Jump to the next step. If not... well... you'll need to Rav/Rav/Rav that stupid leg again, and try to take it down before your buffs wear off.

I suggest that the moment you successfully take out the leg, that you use your next round to use "Autobattle" and manually select the next leg, since the game auto-selects the main body as your next target. You do NOT have to carry out the command, just press "B" to cancel, and move on to the next step(s).

Now, if you had to boost up the Stagger even a little bit (450% or higher), or worse, had to re-stagger and then kill the leg, you WILL need to rebuff Fang's Bravera (and maybe re-Protectera the team, if your HP isn't 10k+), so switch back to #1 and do so.

After you've rebuffed (assuming you had to), return to #2, and Thunder, Thunder, Thunder... Thundercats... HOOOOOOO! Followed, of course, by another Highwind the moment the Stagger gets to where you killed the last leg. This becomes a really simple pattern to follow, so you'll get it in no time.

Now two things are going to happen... one... that Adamantoise is going to fall... and, if you're in there close with Fang (like I always am), he's going to land right on top of you. Hopefully, your HP was pretty close to full... or, you know... your HP in the Crysterium is at maximum... or you might end up dead. The other thing that's going to happen, is you're going to need to rebuff. So this time, we're going to switch to #4, and (assuming that Haste has yet to wear off... and it shouldn't have) you will want to hit Fang with Bravera, and Vanille and Snow with Faithra. Meanwhile, they are going to be smacking down with debuffs. It is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE that you allow Vanille the time needed to stick Deprotect, Deshell, and Imperil. If Snow can manage to stick Slow and Curse, that is a bonus... but it not, it's fine, he'll get another chance soon enough.

After your debuffs have stuck, you will need to build that Stagger bar up ~fast~. Jump to #2 and build up the Stagger to 600%. If you're fast, you should be able to do it with two rounds (Fang will want to manually use Thunder, and it will require ten ATB units total from her, plus your team).

After the Stagger, quickly switch to #5... this is your "Let's END this!" Paradigm. Snow will be trying to cast Curse and Slow if he failed to stick it (this is VERY rare that he fails in #4 though), and he will be spamming Daze like there's no tomorrow. If you're good, you can time your attacks (just use Auto battle) so that you ONLY attack while the Daze status effect is in place (look for the Clock with an "X" on it). You will be dealing out nearly double damage (I was hitting for over 200k), and Vanille should be getting to the damage cap if you've given her Weirding Glyphs.

Hopefully, you will get the Adamantoise's health down to nothing... or pretty close to dead before it starts to stand up. If your Adamantoise stands up, you have one last chance to take him down before you have to start the whole "Take out the legs, then go for the body" tactic again. If your Stagger is at 999.9%, you can risk using one final "Highwind" attack (I find it works best if his HP is between the "r" and "g" in "Target"). If you're lucky, he'll die... if not, you might want to consider spending 3TP and using your summon to take out the legs, and then use Megaflare to strip the last of it's HP away.

IF you choose not to use your Eidolon, then be ready to jump to #6, your "OMGWTFBBQLOLOLO11!!" Paradigm. This won't save you from getting smacked with the Daze status effect, if the Adamantoise decides to use "Bay"... but it should save you from the full damage of Quake. You will have to do the battle from #1 though (so it'll be #1, #2, #3, swap legs, #2, #3, #4, #2, #5... end battle)...

With a bit of luck, and practice, you can take these guys down in under two minutes thirty. I'm doing them in just a hair over two minutes, using the same system above. A few notes! Use the "Remember" feature for your abilities! There is no point in selecting "Haste" for your team, when you already chose "Haste - Bravera - Null" for Fang. Just use the "Repeat" option, and hit "Y" the moment Haste is full for Vanille, and repeat for Snow. The same goes for Thunder spamming. The moment you've done five Thunders, all you have to do is use Repeat... this works regardless of Paradigm slot (provided that slot has you in the same role). And, yes, it works for Highwind too.

Also... if you want this battle to go quickly... do NOT use the "Taming Pole" in any tier... you will want Fang to be able to Stagger legs and add to the main body Stagger meter!

Good luck!

I have a simple way of Farming the Adamantoise in Eden. This works for lower level parties. All you have to do is abuse summon. There are tons of enemies in the area, once you kiill Adamantoise with the summon strategy, simply kill the enemies around for TP. I farmed that dino right after I beat the game.
If you follow the above, and your levels are high enough (as well as your gear), you won't need your Eidolon at all for Adamantoise farming. I do suggest the Adamantoise in Eden (you don't even have to reload your save... just go down the stairs past the Humbabas and the Juggernauts... you will need to kill the one at the end, and go "behind" where he was standing... the Adamantoise will respawn every time), since there's a save station right there.

IF you do decide to use your Eidolon, I suggest just restarting your game whenever you DON'T get any spoils from the battle... no point farming TP if you didn't get anything, am I right?

Edited by Terra Branford

So with this in mind... I'm thinking it's not worth it to spend over a million Gil to bring any weapon (Kane's Lance, or the Nirvana) to T3* and dismantle... nor is it a good idea to waste your Genji Gloves (I'm using two right now... one on Fang, and believe it or not, one on Vanille now that she's hitting for cap after using debuffs on a target... and when I'm using Lightning, Fang, and Vanille, all three are in use) until the absolute last moments of your game's save file.

It's just not worth it, when you can destroy the Adamantois and respawn it quickly. I'm averaging about fifteen battles an hour (this includes the fight, and running back and forth to force a respawn, and the occassional sale of PIs and a quick save).

That's why I said wait until the last moments to dismantle the upgraded Genji gloves. At post game, all mark missions complete,characters more or less maxed out, you wouldn't really have a need for them. Most of the best grind spots for cp don't require you to hit over 999,999. And it would take even more time to farm out money to finish upgrading your accessories, even if you are seemingly close(that last stretch takes the longest). I could sell off my already upgraded weapons and accessories that I don't need, most ranging from 65k-150k, and make over a few mil in a few minutes. Keeping only what I still need to upgrade. It seriously is a massive boost to the last part of completing FFXIII.

Of course you have to know what you're doing and have careful item management to know what you have,what you need,what you've already had,etc. And it seems like it's real easy to mess up(but that's what spare saves are for). Personally I use a checklist so I know what I've had and what I need to keep in order to upgrade. I really recommend this tactic because this is what I used my first time around completing FFXIII and I had a clockout time in the 60's. Most of my friends were up in the 90's+. It seems like a gamble but I can't stress enough how useful it is.

Think of it this way...let's say you were 3 Dark matters and 3 Traps* away from being done. And that you were like me and had no luck finding them at all. Also let's pretend you've kept every single accessory/weapon up to that point. So it comes down to 2 options:

Spend ????? amount of time(could be 2-5 hours,could be 10+) grinding and hoping for drops. :wtf

OR

(make a separate save)Max out the 3 genji gloves,dismantle them, and get 3 quick Traps*. Then sell all unnecessary items/accessories,weapons/etc. and get at least 2-3mil, which can be used to buy the 3 Dark Matter from the shop for 840,000(?) each. Upgrade your last few items, then talk to Bhakti...(FINISHED) And you still have your original save with everything in tact if you wanna go back and run around or do w/e.

:goodpost

:whs

That's why I said wait until the last moments to dismantle the upgraded Genji gloves. At post game, all mark missions complete,characters more or less maxed out, you wouldn't really have a need for them. Most of the best grind spots for cp don't require you to hit over 999,999. And it would take even more time to farm out money to finish upgrading your accessories, even if you are seemingly close(that last stretch takes the longest). I could sell off my already upgraded weapons and accessories that I don't need, most ranging from 65k-150k, and make over a few mil in a few minutes. Keeping only what I still need to upgrade. It seriously is a massive boost to the last part of completing FFXIII.

Of course you have to know what you're doing and have careful item management to know what you have,what you need,what you've already had,etc. And it seems like it's real easy to mess up(but that's what spare saves are for). Personally I use a checklist so I know what I've had and what I need to keep in order to upgrade. I really recommend this tactic because this is what I used my first time around completing FFXIII and I had a clockout time in the 60's. Most of my friends were up in the 90's+. It seems like a gamble but I can't stress enough how useful it is.

Think of it this way...let's say you were 3 Dark matters and 3 Traps* away from being done. And that you were like me and had no luck finding them at all. Also let's pretend you've kept every single accessory/weapon up to that point. So it comes down to 2 options:

Spend ????? amount of time(could be 2-5 hours,could be 10+) grinding and hoping for drops. :wtf

OR

(make a separate save)Max out the 3 genji gloves,dismantle them, and get 3 quick Traps*. Then sell all unnecessary items/accessories,weapons/etc. and get at least 2-3mil, which can be used to buy the 3 Dark Matter from the shop for 840,000(?) each. Upgrade your last few items, then talk to Bhakti...(FINISHED) And you still have your original save with everything in tact if you wanna go back and run around or do w/e.

:goodpost

:whs

Well, put that way... IF you haven't had luck getting your Trapz, and Dark Matter... and haven't gotten dozens of Ingots... yes... go ahead and dismantle your gear as an absolutely last resort.

For me... I enjoy the "farming" process... I've been playing games like Phantasy Star and Final Fantasy for decades, and never seem to get too bothered by "ZOMG IMPOSSIBLE DROP RATE!" (in fact, when I played Phantasy Star Universe, my luck in getting super rare items was pretty good). I've already gotten all six Trapezohedrons I need for my Ultimate Weapons (and upgraded my main Farm Squad's gear to T3* already), and I already got my hands on two Dark Matter... all in one day's casual farming.

Again... I am really, really lucky with drops. Now, I could dismantle/sell a LOT of my gear now, buy Adamantite and Dark Matter to transform the last few accessories into their final form, and then talk to Bhakti...

...but, that kind of kills the fun for me. I like feeling that I've earned the gear I'm using, and I actually do intend to keep playing the game to get my times even faster in the remaining battles I can still play on Disc 3. I'm already killing Adamantoises in a minute thirty, and they seem to be fairly kind in giving me money.

But... whatever works, works. I'll agree that if you just want ~the achievement~, go with the dismantle. If you're insane, like me, and enjoy the adventuring... well... you know the rest.

If you plan to play this game a bit longer after 1000:gsicon: just make a new save file that has all your sold/dismantling stuff. I personally still have my Treasure Hunter save file sitting off to the side, just incase I want to see the satisfaction of Bahkti giving me Treasure Hunter. This file can't be used for anything else, since I sold all my ultimate weapons for the sake of 2 Dark Matter. Was impatient as hell at 4AM :p

If you plan to play this game a bit longer after 1000:gsicon: just make a new save file that has all your sold/dismantling stuff. I personally still have my Treasure Hunter save file sitting off to the side, just incase I want to see the satisfaction of Bahkti giving me Treasure Hunter. This file can't be used for anything else, since I sold all my ultimate weapons for the sake of 2 Dark Matter. Was impatient as hell at 4AM :p
Hmmm... I'll consider that. Though... I still have forty-seven weapons and accessories to build up and upgrade. Thankfully, I learned that 36 Sturdy Bones, followed by fifty Super Conductors will almost always take a T1 weapon to max, so I'm saving time and money there. Which will come in handy, since I still have more than twenty weapons to upgrade to T2... ouch.

But, if I get impatient, I will just sell off everything I can, and buy Dark Matter to do those last couple of accessories... but that'll be a while from now.

Edit: Well, here I am, twelve hours later... and I've gotten Trophy Hunter without having to sell anything to the NPC (besides Gold Nuggets and Platinum Ingots, of course!). I spent about eight hours today, dedicated to farming... and I have to say... The Trapezohedrons and Dark Matter weren't a trouble at all... in fact, I ended up with fifteen Trapz by the end of my runs, and the five Dark Matters I needed were gathered in less than a half hour. Now, those Ingots on the other hand... ooooooh boy. Even though I was getting one, every few runs, I needed tons of them for my upgrades.

And the worst part was that I had to use those Ingots to buy those stupid Uraninites and Perovskite for accessory and weapon transformations. Urgh. I didn't mind buying the Adamantite I needed, since I couldn't get it anywhere else... but I had a dozen or so of each catalyst, and it still wasn't enough.

Well... now it's time to get started on Final Fantasy XIII-2... I'm glad to know that it'll be easier to get the achievements there. Well... mostly.

Edited by Terra Branford

Lol that's what I intended the tactic to be used for. Mainly for people that were burned out and just wanted to get that last little achievement. And since it's on a separate save, no damage done!:)

Well, put that way... IF you haven't had luck getting your Trapz, and Dark Matter... and haven't gotten dozens of Ingots... yes... go ahead and dismantle your gear as an absolutely last resort.

For me... I enjoy the "farming" process... I've been playing games like Phantasy Star and Final Fantasy for decades, and never seem to get too bothered by "ZOMG IMPOSSIBLE DROP RATE!" (in fact, when I played Phantasy Star Universe, my luck in getting super rare items was pretty good). I've already gotten all six Trapezohedrons I need for my Ultimate Weapons (and upgraded my main Farm Squad's gear to T3* already), and I already got my hands on two Dark Matter... all in one day's casual farming.

Again... I am really, really lucky with drops. Now, I could dismantle/sell a LOT of my gear now, buy Adamantite and Dark Matter to transform the last few accessories into their final form, and then talk to Bhakti...

...but, that kind of kills the fun for me. I like feeling that I've earned the gear I'm using, and I actually do intend to keep playing the game to get my times even faster in the remaining battles I can still play on Disc 3. I'm already killing Adamantoises in a minute thirty, and they seem to be fairly kind in giving me money.

But... whatever works, works. I'll agree that if you just want ~the achievement~, go with the dismantle. If you're insane, like me, and enjoy the adventuring... well... you know the rest.

I can agree with and respect that, and what you said is actually the reason I did my tactic. I play soooo many rpg's and ever since I was at a young age I have NEVER been what you would call lucky. But I would make that up with mindless grinding(endless hours upon hours) just to get a single item. Really though I liked having a goal to work towards, like I could only defeat a boss with the Ultimate equipment. And if there was no goal it had to be a game I thoroughly enjoyed(game-play wise).

FFXIII fit neither for me~_~. I could beat every boss fairly easy even with level 1 weapons(I liked 5 starring on the first try). And I have to admit that I didn't love the fighting system either. It was ok but had it's quirks that stopped me from enjoying it as much as I should(most of which were fixed in XIII-2). So I was pretty much mentally done as soon as I beat a Long Gui. But my inner Rpg completionist demon wouldn't let me stop without "finishing" the game. But I didn't want to have to keep killing Long Gui's over and over again, knowing that I hadn't gotten a single trap after 8 hours of farming. And that there was no guarantee I would get one anytime soon.

Long story short I came up with the tactic, figured"I could try it..". And had my treasure hunter achievement and my 100% completion all done in less than an hour;) And got to move on to my next game in my backlog that I really wanted to play(I think it was Oneechanbara:confused:) Anyway since it worked so well for me, I like to suggest it to others that want to finish up the game. It's one of those rare risk free tactics so there's no harm if you do it(if you make a separate save), no harm if you don't....Ironically though I went back to my original save and played it for about 20 more hours anyway:p.

Thank Terra for your guide on the damn turtles lol i took your advice went to Eden and wow alot earyer then death spam...In my first 50 turtles i got 20 ignots and 5 traps..now im trying to beat your time lol fastest ive gotten is 1:28 so still need some upgrades lol..btw long time fourm reader heck 3 years or so but finally joined lol

Man you guys have been lucky on your drops. I have fought 67 (by my count) and only have 1 trap. I have received around 15 ingots or so. My best time is 2:10 on killing them right now. Hopefully ill get lucky and get a few more traps soon.

Man you guys have been lucky on your drops. I have fought 67 (by my count) and only have 1 trap. I have received around 15 ingots or so. My best time is 2:10 on killing them right now. Hopefully ill get lucky and get a few more traps soon.

i changed my line of thinking as i was grinding i was trap hunting till i relised i need alot more ignots then traps..once i started yelling at them for ignots traps started falling like candy lol think as of today i got 5 or 6 extra traps lol and still need a crap ton of ignots lol...

Thank Terra for your guide on the damn turtles lol i took your advice went to Eden and wow alot earyer then death spam...In my first 50 turtles i got 20 ignots and 5 traps..now im trying to beat your time lol fastest ive gotten is 1:28 so still need some upgrades lol..btw long time fourm reader heck 3 years or so but finally joined lol
Glad to be of help. I can't take full credit, though, because Destrian over at Gamefaqs gave me a LOT of tips and pointed me to Arthellinus' guide on effective Adamantoise Farming Methods. Credit, where credit is due, and all that. You'll get your time down faster and faster, the more you get used to manipulating your Paradigm Shifts to give yourself "first-strike" bonuses every other turn. Really brings your time down. I'm currently locked at a time of a minute nineteen... can't seem to get it lower.

I have to admit that, yes, I've been VERY lucky here. I've made enough Gil just on the Eden Adamantoise to fully upgrade all of my weapons to T2*, make all my Ultimate Weapons for each character, as well as an upgraded T3* Gladius, a T3* Taming Pole, and a T3* Organyx (big mistake, since it's junk) as secondary weapons for my group.

i changed my line of thinking as i was grinding i was trap hunting till i relised i need alot more ignots then traps..once i started yelling at them for ignots traps started falling like candy lol think as of today i got 5 or 6 extra traps lol and still need a crap ton of ignots lol...
That's the same way it was for me... I was more invested in Ingots, so I started only using a Collector's Catalog to boost up normal drops... but would still see a Trap every hour.

I've stopped farming for now, though... too vested in FFXIII-2, trying to boost up my army of monsters. Traded one farming game for another... Final Farm-asy indead.

That sounds almost as bad as my luck:p...Though I shouldn't be proud of that. Anyway I can completely relate to your experience. I'm just glad I finished the game...(again)