Top Recruit ... The Way to Get It

Lord of Orion

Here is my guide to getting the top recruit and it should not take much once you start to get offers from teams in the power conferences.

*DISCLAIMER* I got it with Duke so that gives you a picture that it will take about 8 - 10 seasons of simulating/playing in order to get this

*When you get to the National Championship Game, finish that out but do not go into the offseason, yet.

*Go into the recruits page and then sort by the overall star rating of the players and look down on the list.

*Within the the top 15 names on that list, there should be around 2 or 3 people that have yet to be signed.

*After you see which ones are available, simply click RS on the un-committed players and then RB and you an see who is top on their list.

*Write down the names of the top school only, do not attempt with the 2nd or 3rd schools on there because they will not sign there. Also, make sure that they have been offered a scholarship from the top school.

*Next, write those names of the top schools down and go into the offseason.

*Once there, simulate until you get to the page that shows job offers. Once there, look for the schools you wrote down and hope that it is there. If it is not, then re-load. The schools and players should be the same so just keep going back in and looking for the correct school.

*Continue doing this and you should get the achievement ... I did after 3 reloads.

Hope this helps for anyone looking to do this. It is not that quick, but it works and it made it simple on me for not having to do the recruiting.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks 4 the Thread it helped aot i did wat u said and i finally got it...I played with Louisville 4 8yrs then i won the championship then i saw wat jobs i could get and i picked michigain state i got it as soon as picked m-state didnt have 2 do a thing *THANKS ALOT!!!!!!*

• 2 weeks later...

Does it have to be with the un-signed players only? I just got hired by Texas (which already had signed the 4th and 5th top players) and it didn't unlock.

Edit::: got the darn thing... key note: do not sim the entire rest of the season after signing to the proper school. You should keep notifications for recruting active, then pop ups stating who's signed w/you will come on, accept and bam! you get the achievement.

Your method should be added to the main guide

Edited by mrbonelly
got it

Does it have to be with the un-signed players only? I just got hired by Texas (which already had signed the 4th and 5th top players) and it didn't unlock.

Edit::: got the darn thing... key note: do not sim the entire rest of the season after signing to the proper school. You should keep notifications for recruting active, then pop ups stating who's signed w/you will come on, accept and bam! you get the achievement.

Your method should be added to the main guide

Did u get the achievement yet...his guide is right 2 and look at mine and wat team i signed with bcaz michigain state always gets the 4th best player.

• 2 months later...

ok heres how i got it i dont know how long it took everyone else to get it but i got it in my 5th season. I changed all game sliders so i was 100% at everything the computer 0, put it on the easiest level and 1 minute halves. Took reach in fouls and pretty much all fouls off. I took over dartmouth in the ivy league, you dont need to play an end of season tourney in the ivey league so its slightly less games. I played every game thro and won the championship my 1st season and second season with dartmouth. By the way the coach attributes you should be improving are scouting, teaching and charisma. My 3rd season i went to San Diego State Uni and again palyed thro every game my first season there and second, so i won the ncaa 4 times running. Dont worry about trying to recruit players its not really worth the hassle as your going to leave again after 2 years. Now before you go on to your 5th season save the game so you can reload it if need be. You obviously should be getting offers from power conferences by now choose one within a big state ie california's would be ucla, usc, the texas longhorns etc etc somewhere with a big catchment area. Anyways at this point i had maxed out my scouting, charisma and teaching so its alot easier to get recruits. I chose Texas Tech in the big 12, now when your looking thro the players if your team is not in his top 3 choices dont bother going after him and try and recruit players that already are at least 60% interested, i relentlessly phoned, visited scouted etc the 6th overall guy as i continued winning game after game, play thro the ncaa and before you start next season he should have signed with you and bam there you go. Still took me hours to get it tho

Heres what i'm trying. When the season starts create 1 or 2 recruits from your home state. Make them have full attributes so they're in the top 10. Now make a 6'3 center so no one wants him. Then during recruiting visit them and contact them with every option every week. I'll post again if this metod works.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got this in my 6th or 7th season when Coach K retired. I just took the job, and I got the achievement because one of the top recruits already committed to Duke. Frustrating achievement, though. I tried everything before that.