This game itself

Guest Scotty
Just wondered, is this game worth getting because i really liked the look of it when it came out but wasnt sure. If it is, is it a pre-owned buy or a new edition buy? Thanks for the help :)

yeah, get it, its very good. its a little short but is still very good and has re-playability, if you play through with all 3 different characters. get it new, its not too expensive anymore. deffinately more than a rent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am not a very LOTR fan, but i was looking for some coop game to play with my best friend on split-screen. And I must admit this game is a coop blast! Play only as one could be boring, but finishing enemies, and looting items with your friend is great fun. Just ended second playthrough and looking forward to the third one :)

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldnt pay more then 10$ for it.

Its a C quality game with a A quality name.

The role playing is very shallow, its travel up tunnel A, kill everything before proceeding to next tunnel or outside area.

Theres like 8 different things to kill in the game. , The boss fights are easy also.

It can be glitchy also, i fell through the floor against the final boss on normal, i waited for 20 minutes for my NPCs to kill the boss and then i was un-stuck.

In my city we can rent xbox games from the library for free with your 10$ annual membership. This is a rental class game.

• 1 month later...

unless you are a huge LOTR fan, if you plan on playing this solo, you will be bored senseless. co-op adds a little bit of fun to it, but after the second or third run through (necessary to complete), even that gets old. the story and the dialogue seem pretty well-done, so i don't doubt that the writers did their homework, but it doesn't seem like the programmers did. progression is very linear and a lot of things that are pretty basic in RPGs seem unrefined. it's like they just tossed them in there so that they could call it an RPG.

its a buy at $10 if you love LOTR and/or you want a fairly easy 1000 gs, but if you simply want to have fun playing a game, spend your $10 on something else.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondered, is this game worth getting because i really liked the look of it when it came out but wasnt sure. If it is, is it a pre-owned buy or a new edition buy? Thanks for the help :)

I just picked it up on Ebay virtually brand new for £10. Got to worth a go, a few people have said its like the old games (The Two Towers & The Return of the King) which I enjoyed thoroughly back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

picked it up cheap on a lightning deal from amazon... its not bad... nothing special... combat gets a little repetitive - but is a solid game from what I can tell (few hours of play).

Don't know on the length.... does commit one of the cardinal fails of achievements - unlockable difficulties. If you want 100% - you will need to complete it 3 times on progressively harder difficulties... don't know if your items/levels carry over each playthrough -> anyone answer this?

But all in all, if you can pick it up for under £20 - I would say its worth a playthrough...

Edited by tpb

Don't know on the length.... does commit one of the cardinal fails of achievements - unlockable difficulties. If you want 100% - you will need to complete it 3 times on progressively harder difficulties... don't know if your items/levels carry over each playthrough -> anyone answer this?

yes you keep your level when you start a new game, its just like new game+. also this is the only game i know that gets easier on higher difficulties. i cant explain it, but when you get to the higher difficulties, the game gets so easy. the first easy difficulty playthrough is the hardest, without a doubt.

yes you keep your level when you start a new game, its just like new game+. also this is the only game i know that gets easier on higher difficulties. i cant explain it, but when you get to the higher difficulties, the game gets so easy. the first easy difficulty playthrough is the hardest, without a doubt.

I guess the difficultly increase from normal to hard is less than the ability increase you get from you new game + character... At least it makes the 3x playthrough less painful.

• 11 months later...

It's a fun game but can get a little repetitive. Playing through it 3 times isn't too bad, especially if you play as the Dwarf and level up his dexterity and explosive bolt. I was pretty much killing all the enemies in one hit on Legendary (even the bosses). The addition of coop is also appreciated and keeps the game fresh and entertaining. I would definitely purchase a sequel to this if it ever gets made.

• 3 months later...

My first impressions of the game weren't great. But after playing it a bit and then playing with a few friends. End up really enjoying it.

I wouldn't have gone out and bad full price on release day. And you do think, it wouldn't really have sold of be anything if it didn't have LOTR in the title.

But honestly, not a bad game.