Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Not Working - Solution in some cases.

Ariose

Many of you have noticed that the Multiplayer of Bad Company 2 is broken since the game is free with Games with Gold. The problem is that the multiplayer updates are delisted from the marketplace. Not that you need the VIP package as EA twitter said.

To play Vietnam you need the Vietnam Key (a few Mb's, still on the marketplace) and the Vietnam Title Update (1,64GB, delisted). I can play Vietnam on every map and can see many full servers.

To play to normal multiplayer you need Title Update #3 (EDIT: Apparently this is the Vietnam update). I did not have that update in my download history so i tried it with Update #2 and Update #1. Multiplayer worked fine although I could only acces the orginal maps. I could not play on VIP Maps. All the updates are delisted.

Anyway, if you never downloaded those updates, you can copy them from someone else to play the game online. :)

Questions? Can you guys acces the VIP maps when you have Title Update 3 installed.

I also have Bad Company 2 LE Update #6 (16mb's) on my hdd. Don't know what that is?

Edited by Ariose

I'm currently downloading Multiplayer Updates 1 & 2 and the Vietnam Multiplayer Update/Update 3. I'll post back with my results later. :)

Edit: Yupp, with those 3 updates I got into a match on my first try, hassle free.

Edited by Dirty130

Ah Vietnam update is update #3. Strange that I still cannot acces the VIP maps. Apparently this is also the case on the PS3 since early october. Dice screwed up again.

Is anyone able to play on the VIP (Free map pack maps)?

Not sure if it will get me online but from the games menu if you go to store it tells you there is an update to download (1.64Gb - BFBC2 Vietnam Multiplayr Update)

It is like that after EA has fixed something on the servers. It didn't give you any updates before.

How fucking annoying. I haven't been able to play online yet, since this came out free.

I could connect to servers before, but couldn't find games.

Then I updated something and now I can't even connect to the server.

Have you downloaded update #3/Vietnam? :)

I went to the storage/HHD and deleted any updates I've had when I owned the game awhile back. I was prompted to update as I started the game.

I'm downloading the Vietnam maps now. Cant wait to check it out.

Edited by D SINNER 8
emoticon is wrong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am missing update #2 with no possible way to download it again.

im my downoad history the line where im guessing it would be says "content not available".

why sell us a game thats fucking broken.

I dont think you need update 2, I downloaded the game and only updated with update 3. Update 3 includes update 2 I think..

• 1 month later...

As from my personal experience with problems to login to EA BF:BC2 servers the best solution I can provide and which works for me fine is to reboot the router or reset the internet connection. I know it sounds absurdly simple but it works. I have to add I started the game when it was given free as part of the Games with Gold.

• 3 months later...

I have the VIP pack, and all updates, but can't seem to connect to EA servers. Unfortunately, I cannot reset my router as I am on a campus network. Anyone have any suggestions, as it didnt use to be like this...