How the HELL do you destroy an enemy vehicle with a repair torch..

Barad

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one of the 20%. Luck and timing help.

Took out an Abrams that was counter-attacking our own tank putting fire on it, the driver obviously didn't have the proximity scan on or was too distracted to notice little me or it would have ran over me like the last several enemy tanks and LAV's did :(

Our tank pounded the tar out of it and I was lucky to get the last damage in on it with the torch. Cha-ching.

This was before I knew about EOD bots and other gadgets also counting, oh well. :p

I was lucky, I was in a tank getting shot, I got out repairing it and an enemy got in so it ended up destroying it :) even tho it killed me aswell lol

The enemy would have been me in the last game i played except i was assault class an i was camping right next to his tank. He jumped out said hello to my USAS 12 an i gladly took the free tank he left me in return lol. I then proceeded to get 2 Nemesis Ribbons off of the guy who gave me his tank lol. Killed him 7 times an he never killed me once lol.

I just got a friend to switch over to the other team and then bring a vehicle to a deserted area of the map so I could blow it up. It's cheap, but whatever.

I'm told that using the repair torch to kill enemy equipment (recon spawn points, TUGS, etc) also count for some reason.

Played a game on Noshar Canals yesterday when I noticed a enemy boat sneaking up on us and parking next to my teammate, then saw my teammate standing there with his repair torch using it on the boat and the enemy didn't jump out. Made the conclusion that they were trying to boost it. What do I do? Kill the enemy of course :)

A few minutes later they try the same thing so I sprint over there from across the map and just as my teammate is about to blow the boat up I put C4 on it and detonate to get the kill. My teammate then followed me around the entire game shooting at me lol.

Eventually they tried to do it the other way, my teammate took a jeep and went to the docks behind B and then let his friend try to torch him. Fast as an eagle I'm there killing the enemy just as my teammates jeep is about to blow up.

After the game I sent them both a message saying "Aaw, no boosting for you". They both replied in French and using google translate I got this: "Fuck you dirty foreigner".

WINNING! :woop:

i managed this pretty easily yesterday, 2 smaw rockets at a tank then ran around the back of it and torched it, unfortunatley hadnt unlocked the assignment yet so it didnt count! its a shame as like everyone says the driver usuaslly gets out and stabs or shoots you before you manage to do this so i was lucky and that luck will take a while to come around again i should think.

Played a game on Noshar Canals yesterday when I noticed a enemy boat sneaking up on us and parking next to my teammate, then saw my teammate standing there with his repair torch using it on the boat and the enemy didn't jump out. Made the conclusion that they were trying to boost it. What do I do? Kill the enemy of course :)

A few minutes later they try the same thing so I sprint over there from across the map and just as my teammate is about to blow the boat up I put C4 on it and detonate to get the kill. My teammate then followed me around the entire game shooting at me lol.

Eventually they tried to do it the other way, my teammate took a jeep and went to the docks behind B and then let his friend try to torch him. Fast as an eagle I'm there killing the enemy just as my teammates jeep is about to blow up.

After the game I sent them both a message saying "Aaw, no boosting for you". They both replied in French and using google translate I got this: "Fuck you dirty foreigner".

WINNING! :woop:

hahaha:woop:

About your Claymore Signature, im amazed at how retarded people are. I mean they show up as an orange blob on the mini map but i still see people being killed by them left an right. I bet they were cake to get kills with before the update as nobody could see them but friendlies.

I know right ? It still seems just as easy tho even tho they appear when you first put them down. I got a nemesis kill the other day because this guy kept running up the same spot into my claymores. The only time someone blows them up is when I put them down if they still see me on kill cam. I get hate mail because I use them alot lol its so funny.

Two tricks: You can either take the torch to the MAV if it gets low enough or

I don't know if it was a glitch or not, but I ran up to the enemy vehicle, the guy jumped out, but I still kept using the torch on the unoccupied vehicle till it blew up and I completed the assignment. Don't know how it happened but that's what worked for me.

Played for like 8 hours yesterday, hunting to get something to burn it down. Tried Conquest, Rush, Conquest Assault, nothing. Then, my XBox Live mate said "Hey, there is an EOD Bot in the middle of the map, want to burn it?!" when I was in a Viper, fightning some other chopper. When I heard that I jumped out of the choppa, killing the shooter, got to a a Jeep and got it, finally.

Today, my young soon to be brother in law was watching me play some Rush on Kharg Island. It was the first game today for me. Me in a tank vs. AAV-7A1 AMTRAC and a Tech. Couple of shots at the AAV, my tank started to burn, went out, killed the Tech and he said "Hey, use the torch on that big something". I was like "Naaah, to much burning and there is more than one person inside of it, won't stand a chance". But just for the f*ck of it - I went and started to burn it. Guess what - 4 guys inside, no one left it to the very end. My point? You should listen to children sometimes, they see people as they really are. Stupid. The people, not the kids. Or maybe, nvm, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok I tried the EOD bot and it's NO help atall..same problem as the repair torch, when their tank is disabled they'll either get out and run or the second person will get out and repair it and shoot my EOD..

How are people getting this seriosuly?

i just boosted this with a friend.. just search with a friend and wait until on opposite teams.. or switch then just drive a jeep or buggy out the map and BOOM!

If some people are still having major trouble then apart from finding a mortar, I noticed that spawn beacons are a lot less rare if you know where to look, good small maps would be like Grand Bazaar or Operation Metro are where you want to look, mainly around each flag area or enemy/own base for one. Once your near one it ill pop up on your minimap and you will hear it too, much easier to spot than a mortar imo.

Edited by Barad