Franchises that deserve a decent 360 game

ringmaster411

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Disney

Kingdom Hearts was amazing and so was Epic Mickey yet all we get is quick cash-in titles based on the latest movie.

2) Looney Tunes

Acme Arsenel was terrible, there doesn't seem to have been a decent looney tunes game since the 32bit era.

3) Superman

You could include every other DC superhero bar Batman as well, but really how much of a name is Booster Gold to all but massive comic book fans? Again he's had one game which was a quick tie-in to a movie and was uniformly trashed.

4) Monty Python

Whilst the style of the show wouldn't lend itself to an adventure game or fighting, etc, it would make a great party game or a surreal arcade title.

1) yes love the games, would love an Xbox version!

2) looney tunes does need a decent game, but they did have that acme game which aparently isn't that bad.

3)yeah superman needs a much better game, it needs to be brilliant, look at batman, he has 2, surely it isn't that hard to make a decent Superman game...

4) ... What? That is kind of random...it's like saying you want a Jeremy Kyle game (or Maury game) it just wouldn't work :confused:

And im a little confused by this thread? Is it games we want on the 360 (aka PS3 exclusives) or games that are dead and buried, that deserve to be alive?

Same here, there are plenty of current 360 franchises that need a reboot. (some more desparately than others)

There are a few franchises I want to see on the 360. One I want is Contra. I'm aware of the 2 classic arcade games (Contra and Super Contra) on XBLA, but I'd like to see a brand-new entry to grace the 360, or at least remakes of the 2 PS2 games, Contra: Shattered Soldier and Neo Contra. I've seen a lot of Contra-style games on here, but I want a new Contra game to come out.

Maybe another Punisher game at least? The last one I know of is Punisher: No Mercy on PSN. I'd like to see another game similar to the 2005 XBOX 1 game made by THQ and Volition. It was a pretty enjoyable game at the time.

And I would like to see a few of Blizzard's games grace our console: StarCraft, WarCraft, Diablo... those games. The last console game Blizzard made (as far to my knowledge) is StarCraft 64 (which I happen to own). I know Blizzard's mainly a PC game company, but it doesn't hurt to release an entry from one of their franchises on consoles, or at least make a new series for consoles as well as PCs.

Superman - A good Superman game with a good story would be great

Star Terk - maybe the new game being release will fix this one... I guess I'll find out.

Stargate SG-1 - It would be great to see a good game base off this universe. Maybe a game something like how Mass Effect works.

Superman is hard to do. How do you restrict him from flying to space? Or flying from one side of Metropolise (spelling?) to the other? How would you have enemies? How do you make it believable/realistic like Batman? There is only so much Kryptonite on Earth/ And I mean that in an open way, if you've answers, I'd love to hear them! Maybe do a JLA/Skylander game where there are sections where only Superman can be used/help?

Star Trek is shaping up nicely. Spock & Kirk have individual abilities - one sneaks, one attacks. It looks and sounds like Mass Effect in the Star Trek universe.

Stargate. Why has there never been a main stream game? Because there is very little demand compared to other things perhaps? I mean if Shenmue 3 can't get made, then what hope as Stargate? :p

Definitely. Anything by RARE to start with...
Silent Moon has terrible scripters, and Activision; I would actually like it if I could dismantle ALL the games by the big publishers and spend an extra two seasons making them so close to perfect that nobody would complain about them EVER.

And also get CoD a completely new and not obsolete Game Engine that isn't 5+ years old. :p

Superman is hard to do. How do you restrict him from flying to space? Or flying from one side of Metropolise (spelling?) to the other? How would you have enemies? How do you make it believable/realistic like Batman? There is only so much Kryptonite on Earth/ And I mean that in an open way, if you've answers, I'd love to hear them! Maybe do a JLA/Skylander game where there are sections where only Superman can be used/help?
Luthor could secretly clone a Kryptonian army, trap Superman in a city with them with some new shield that emits Kryptonite radiation while he takes over the world and boom, instant Superman sandbox game.

I'd actually like a good sandbox game where you make your own Kryptonian and do stuff; maybe themed way before Krypton was the classic "Paradise" society, because paradises don't start off as paradises.

Star Trek is shaping up nicely. Spock & Kirk have individual abilities - one sneaks, one attacks. It looks and sounds like Mass Effect in the Star Trek universe.
Redshirts, that is all I have to say.

Stargate. Why has there never been a main stream game? Because there is very little demand compared to other things perhaps? I mean if Shenmue 3 can't get made, then what hope as Stargate? :p
Stargate's fanbase is insignificantly small compared to Star Trek, sad because it has so much potential.

Luthor could secretly clone a Kryptonian army, trap Superman in a city with them with some new shield that emits Kryptonite radiation while he takes over the world and boom, instant Superman sandbox game.

I'd actually like a good sandbox game where you make your own Kryptonian and do stuff; maybe themed way before Krypton was the classic "Paradise" society, because paradises don't start off as paradises.

I'm hooked on the idea of Skylanders JLA style game now :p

Redshirts, that is all I have to say.

Not following?

Stargate's fanbase is insignificantly small compared to Star Trek, sad because it has so much potential.

I'm sure it has a substantial fanbase, hence the amount TV shows. But as far as a game goes, the idea and premise the it could hold, is used in a far more popular series. Shame for fans of Stargate.

I'm hooked on the idea of Skylanders JLA style game now :p
GOOD.

Not following?
No, I've only watched about a dozen Star Trek episodes.

I'm sure it has a substantial fanbase, hence the amount TV shows. But as far as a game goes, the idea and premise the it could hold, is used in a far more popular series. Shame for fans of Stargate.
Normally when you say "Star" the next word that pops into peoples' heads is either "Wars" or "Trek"

On a different note, Battlefront neeeds a full Arcade port.

Much-needed sequels:

Breakdown

Advent Rising

Phantom Crash

Phantom Dust

Oddworld

Shenmue

Mechassault

Star Wars: Battlefront

Star Wars: KOTOR

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Jade Empire

Legacy of Kain

Thief

N.U.D.E

Manhunt

Jet Set Radio Future

Psi-Ops

Psychonauts

Enslaved

Brutal Legend

Mirror's Edge

Prince of Persia (the 2007 cel-shaded version)

Crimson Skies

Panzer Dragoon Orta

This is just covering franchises that have been on the 360 or Original Xbox. Would take too long naming off games on Nintendo and Sony consoles that I wish would get sequels.

Decent turn-based RPGs like the older Dragon Warriors/Quests (heck, I'd buy the Gameboy ports if they offered them over XBLA)

Strategy RPGs more like Fire Emblem and less like Spectral Force 3 @_@ (Skulls of the Shogun was getting somewhere, but the decent gameplay is ruined from the lack of any story or characters.)

A "better" Yu-Gi-Oh! game, bring back something like Forgotten Memories but with an updated card list (so yes, a LOT of cards- not just 2000 "popular ones"), and I guess I was one of the few people that loved The Falsebound Kingdom :D

An English Monster Hunter 360 release (MMORPG-ish or just natural coop, doesn't)

Demons' Souls needs to somehow be put on a Microsoft console :( (Too great of a game for 360 players to miss out on.)

Edited by Hagane

• 2 weeks later...
Demons' Souls needs to somehow be put on a Microsoft console :( (Too great of a game for 360 players to miss out on.)

Demon Souls is a sony 1st party game. What's the big deal it never does?

I mean who really cares? Demon Souls was made by Sony, therefore impossible to port anyway. I could see this argument for Microsot too, what with Ninety Nine Nights and Alan Wake never being anywhere but xbox. Who really cares?

These are Microsoft 1st party games they aren't bioshock. They all need to remain there. By the time these consoes are $100 there won't be anyone left who doesn't own both systems, so I don't care and I don't see any need to care about Souls series when Dark Souls is multiplatform and a more enjoyable game. Versus 13 must be multiplatorm too going by the Dark Souls formula as long as it aaa. But any sony or microsoft game should forever be xbox or playstation only.

After the recent debacle, i'd appreciate it if someone actually did the Alien/Aliens franchise proud by making a game that befitted the genre, rather than a weak fps. Its been done to death. Make it more claustrophobic and intense like Dead Space.

Another game i'd love to see on the Xbox is the old PC game, Star Wars X-Wing Alliance. I would love to see a flight-sim type of game set in the SW universe. Either that or a game set in the updated Battlestar Galactica universe.

I realise that just sounds nerdy but i'm ok with it.

Edited by Jonesy201
I imagined a game that didn't exist.lol

Star Wars: Battlefront

Star Wars: KOTOR

Psychonauts

This is just covering franchises that have been on the 360 or Original Xbox. Would take too long naming off games on Nintendo and Sony consoles that I wish would get sequels.

I'd go with these being my top 3. There's mumblings of that new Star Wars arcade title, but it looks like a typical FPS.