You CAN Get Banned for Button Clan Tags

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old news, it's been said its in the game and it's been said that they don't want you using it. Probably something that was supposed to be removed during testing

Why would they build something into the game then ban people for using it?

stupid

They have wall hacks, unlimited ammo and god mode in the game when they are testing. If you find a way to unlock that code and use it you should face consequences. But Activision should be working faster to patch it

If they ban all the people doing this, the playlists are going to drop in size by about 75 - 85%.

Seems like every lobby I go in over the past few days has at least 7 or 8 of these in there. I tried to just avoid them at first, but then I figured I was going to end up spending hours looking for a lobby free of them.

Man, first, I'm baffled that they're actually banning people for THEY'RE mistake, second I'm baffled that people are actually agreeing with they're decision...

And I thought Activision was actually getting cool...

It's "THEIR" smarty pants. Also, you don't think they should be banned for taking advantage of something they know isn't allowed? Yeah....... So by your logic people shouldn't be banned for glitching under the map, glitching inside objects, etc. because they weren't able to find it before launch.

Man, first, I'm baffled that they're actually banning people for THEY'RE mistake, second I'm baffled that people are actually agreeing with they're decision...

What if it actually affected game play like getting under the map, would you be singing the same tune when you're getting destroyed by someone who glitched under the map?

That's like saying, "Glitched environments are programmed into the game...you shouldn't get banned for exploiting them"

Glitches aren't programed. They are mistakes in the environment. This could be a glitch, but the way it works just shows it is programmed. You can't add new physical things into an environment. Say I want a PPSH in MW3, You can't do that. Maybe skin a thing on your client. But this is actually in the programming. If they don't want people to use it, don't put it in the game.

To add onto this. If they don't want people to use it, REMOVE IT. All they have to do is find the coding in the game, delete it, and make the patch live.

Edited by StayonTarget

Glitches aren't programed. They are mistakes in the environment. This could be a glitch, but the way it works just shows it is programmed. You can't add new physical things into an environment. Say I want a PPSH in MW3, You can't do that. Maybe skin a thing on your client. But this is actually in the programming. If they don't want people to use it, don't put it in the game.

To add onto this. If they don't want people to use it, REMOVE IT. All they have to do is find the coding in the game, delete it, and make the patch live.

One could argue that clan tag buttons are mistakes in programming.

Banning people for THEY ARE mistake? :p

Yes, the code / glitch was left in the game, so people were freely allowed to use it. However, if Activision is saying you will be banned if you use it, then people should stop using it. I'm sick of seeing these buttons over their heads anyways.

I have an :abut: in my clan tag! Holy shit the world is ending!

FFS dude it's not like the game is getting hacked. Some people over-think and overreact on every little thing. Jeez man.

Full on! It's not really my cup of tea to have buttons in the tag, but other people having it does not in any way impact on my enjoyment of the game. People need to get over it, it really isn't a big deal.