Does anyone feel the environment is lame?

Your Dead McFly

I don't know if this is accurate at all. The fact that they can divide up information between two discs seems to suggest that they could've went into more detail with interier areas if they wanted to. As it's been demonstrated plenty of times, the world of GTA5 loads only the areas that are near you; loading the interiors of particular buildings that are also near you would act in a similar way I imagine -- I think the excuse of it being the "limit for the current gen" doesn't hold much water when the information for these interior areas could've just as easily been placed onto one of the two discs and be utilized when a circumstance called for it.
it is. the fact that they even used two discs is pushing the limit.

Please don't make posts about information you are completely wrong on/don't know anything about.
excuse me? oh so i'm bullshitting now right? are you fucking retarded? look this shit up on google you idiot.

god damn i hate stupid people! :mad:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with it, so much to do without the interior.

Wi regards to the argument about interiors and disk space....that wouldn't solve the issue.

There's two ways to do it...implement open world, or use loading screens to segregate areas.

Having it open world, the 360 wouldn't be able to cope if you added interiors to many buildings. It's stretched as it is now. You'd be adding another 30% to the game world etc.

And they could of done loading screens, but, I'm guessing they didn't want them every time you entered a building.

Hardly. There's been plenty of games that have an install disc and a play disc -- that alone doesn't determine whether or not they're "pushing the limit". It's simply a means of allowing you to access more information; both from the installed content and the disc that's currently in the HDD.

I am also curious why you only responded to my discs statement and not the rest. Do you honestly feel that Rockstar couldn't have allowed the game to load more interior areas within a radius of your position in-game? I assume you know that that's how the game loads normally. I'd be able to buy your "limit" statement if GTA5 loaded and updated all areas of gameplay in real-time.. but that's not the case. It's much similar to Minecraft and its load chunks, if anything.

tl;dr a game coming on two or more discs is not mutually exclusive with it "pushing the system to the limit".

excuse me? oh so i'm bullshitting now right? are you fucking retarded? look this shit up on google you idiot.

god damn i hate stupid people! :mad:

Overreact much? :confused: The guy made a snide suggestion and you respond with "retard", "idiot" and "stupid" all in one go? Come now.

You'd be adding another 30% to the game world etc.

That's exactly what they did with the ocean exploring.. but I'm pretty sure that's more than 30%. How did that work out? I don't think I've heard a single person be excited about being able to explore the ocean floor -- if anything, the collectables relating to the sub seem to be everyone's least favorite.

Edited by Hishoa

Hardly. There's been plenty of games that have an install disc and a play disc -- that alone doesn't determine whether or not they're "pushing the limit". It's simply a means of allowing you to access more information; both from the installed content and the disc that's currently in the HDD.

I am also curious why you only responded to my discs statement and not the rest. Do you honestly feel that Rockstar couldn't have allowed the game to load more interior areas within a radius of your position in-game? I assume you know that that's how the game loads normally. I'd be able to buy your "limit" statement if GTA5 loaded and updated all areas of gameplay in real-time.. but that's not the case. It's much similar to Minecraft and its load chunks, if anything.

tl;dr a game coming on two or more discs is not mutually exclusive with it "pushing the system to the limit".

google it. you're too narrow minded to understand that gta v is at the limit for current gen. Rockstar themselves even said they wanted to add so much more but couldn't.

Overreact much? :confused: The guy made a snide suggestion and you respond with "retard", "idiot" and "stupid" all in one go? Come now.
Excuse me? i don't need someone calling me a liar. the shit annoys me and he deserves to be called what i said to him. got a problem?

Wi regards to the argument about interiors and disk space....that wouldn't solve the issue.

There's two ways to do it...implement open world, or use loading screens to segregate areas.

Having it open world, the 360 wouldn't be able to cope if you added interiors to many buildings. It's stretched as it is now. You'd be adding another 30% to the game world etc.

And they could of done loading screens, but, I'm guessing they didn't want them every time you entered a building.

thank you at least someone understands.

@hish - probably the ocean does count for a bit....but I would guess that was just filler content.

They could sculpt that landscape quickly, using random terrain generators etc, and if they duplicate stuff, no one would ever notice. However, sculpting loads of interiors so theta re unique, would take time.

I think the underwater was just added to padd out content.

Anywha, I don't work for them and like everyone else, have no real clue why interiors weren't added. Just my thoughts.

google it. you're too narrow minded to understand that gta v is at the limit for current gen. Rockstar themselves even said they wanted to add so much more but couldn't.

Are you always so needlessly hostile? Regardless what Rockstar may have said, let me remind you your reasoning why you incessantly feel that GTA5 is "pushing the limit":

I kindly explained that just because a game shipped on two or more discs does not mean that it was pushing the system to the limit, which is exactly what you implied. You entirely left out Rockstar's sentiments. I think it's mighty silly that you call me narrow-minded when I'm simply going off the information (or lack there of) that you provided, which unfortunately was incorrect (i.e. the assumption that two or more discs guarantees a system expounding to its limits).

Excuse me? i don't need someone calling me a liar. the shit annoys me and he deserves to be called what i said to him. got a problem?

Nobody gives a shit what you need or don't need -- your reaction to his at-best snide remark demonstrates the hilariously thin skin you have when it comes to strangers over the internet. If anyone here has a problem it's you. I suggest you take a much-needed chill pill (which I've kindly directed you to below.) You're now excused as per your request.

Amazon link (under $5): [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Futurebiotics-Chill-Calmness-Formula-Tablets/dp/B0010FD1BE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top]Amazon.com: Futurebiotics Chill Pill (Calmness Formula) Tablets, 60 Count: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

http://i.imgur.com/gPkvFym.jpg

Are you always so needlessly hostile? Regardless what Rockstar may have said, let me remind you your reasoning why you incessantly feel that GTA5 is "pushing the limit":

I kindly explained that just because a game shipped on two or more discs does not mean that it was pushing the system to the limit, which is exactly what you implied. You entirely left out Rockstar's sentiments. I think it's mighty silly that you call me narrow-minded when I'm simply going off the information (or lack there of) that you provided, which unfortunately was incorrect (i.e. the assumption that two or more discs guarantees a system expounding to its limits).

Nobody gives a shit what you need or don't need -- your reaction to his at-best snide remark demonstrates the hilariously thin skin you have when it comes to strangers over the internet. If anyone here has a problem it's you. I suggest you take a much-needed chill pill (which I've kindly directed you to below.) You're now excused as per your request.

Amazon link (under $5): Amazon.com: Futurebiotics Chill Pill (Calmness Formula) Tablets, 60 Count: Health & Personal Care

http://i.imgur.com/gPkvFym.jpg

the game is maxed out on the console what do you not get about that? and i'm not really "mad" if that's what you're getting at. i'm annoyed because i got two people bitching at me going "oh you're a liar you need proof to back up your theory". google is my theory look it up yourself. then you go and say that Chicago Bearhawks is right and i'm wrong. apparently when someone gets called a liar *me*. other people say that guy is right *you* even though the other person *me again* can back up their statement.

the people on this site nowadays... man what fucking happened... too many ignorant trolls.

Edited by burntt0ad

the game is maxed out on the console what do you not get about that?

I'm not saying it isn't "maxed out". I'm saying it isn't "maxed out" for the reasons of being shipped on two or more discs. "What do you not get about that" indeed.

and i'm not really "mad" if that's what you're getting at.

I'm not too sure why you have mad in quotations as I've yet to use that word to describe you. Having a problem does not equate to being mad.

i'm annoyed because i got two people bitching at me going "oh you're a liar you need proof to back up your theory".

If this is referencing me, I'm not too sure why. As I attempted earlier, I was only explaining why a game being on two discs doesn't insinuate that it will push the console to its limit (which is what you initially conveyed.)

google is my theory look it up yourself.

Google isn't a theory. It's an internet search engine.

then you go and say that Chicago Bearhawks is right and i'm wrong.

Care to show me where I said Chicago Bearhawks was right and that you were wrong? Please use quotes appropriately and not put words in my mouth. Other than trying to explain the disassociation between the amount of discs a game is split between and reaching a console's limit, I only shared my own personal reasonings why Rockstar could have perhaps added a few more interior areas throughout the game. I also expressed some disappointment in Rockstar deciding to dedicate so much area to the sea floor where players would otherwise spend no time at all (other than to disappointingly snag collectibles).

Above all else, I did not know that simply sharing a differing opinion than you meant I was vehemently telling you how wrong you were. I mean, surely I'm calling you a narrow-minded retard, an idiot and telling everyone how stupid you are, right? Oh, wait.. that's what you do.

apparently when someone gets called a liar *me*. other people say that guy is right even though the other person can back up their statement.

Again, care to quote me where I agreed with Chicago? If I recall correctly, I simply said that you overreacted to his statement. Here's some perspective:

Random Stranger: "I think you're a liar."

You: "Fuck you you fucking fuck fuck. How fucking dare you fucking open that fucking mouth of fuckery. Go fuck in the fuck, you fuckfucker. Fuck!"

Bystander: "Dude, calm down."

You: "WHY ARE YOU AGREEING WITH HIM AND NOT ME? I HAVE SOURCES!!1!one!"

Hope that helps.

the people on this site nowadays... man what fucking happened... too many ignorant trolls.

http://www.wardrobesupplies.com/assets/products/4309/large/9-x-8-hand-held-mirror.jpg?1337981062

Edited by Hishoa

I'm not saying it isn't "maxed out". I'm saying it isn't "maxed out" for the reasons of being shipped on two or more discs. "What do you not get about that" indeed.

I'm not too sure why you have mad in quotations as I've yet to use that word to describe you. Having a problem does not equate to being mad.

If this is referencing me, I'm not too sure why. As I attempted earlier, I was only explaining why a game being on two discs doesn't insinuate that it will push the console to its limit (which is what you initially conveyed.)

Google isn't a theory. It's an internet search engine.

Care to show me where I said Chicago Bearhawks was right and that you were wrong? Please use quotes appropriately and not put words in my mouth. Other than trying to explain the disassociation between the amount of discs a game is split between and reaching a console's limit, I only shared my own personal reasonings why Rockstar could have perhaps added a few more interior areas throughout the game. I also expressed some disappointment in Rockstar deciding to dedicate so much area to the sea floor where players would otherwise spend no time at all (other than to disappointingly snag collectibles).

Above all else, I did not know that simply sharing a differing opinion than you meant I was vehemently telling you how wrong you were. I mean, surely I'm calling you a narrow-minded retard, an idiot and telling everyone how stupid you are, right? Oh, wait.. that's what you do.

Again, care to quote me where I agreed with Chicago? If I recall correctly, I simply said that you overreacted to his statement.

http://www.wardrobesupplies.com/assets/products/4309/large/9-x-8-hand-held-mirror.jpg?1337981062

http://i40.tinypic.com/23vhpx2.jpg

LOL you guys are great, it's a good read lol:dance:
i don't even know what happened. one minute i'm saying the game is at it's limit on current gen. and the next minute i'm in some argument with a 16-year-old that doesn't understand a word i'm saying.

I can't begin to describe the irony attached to this statement.

all you should of said to me was "yeah i'm sure there is a limit or gta v is the limit on the consoles". but nah you get in this silly argument. guess the irony is pointed towards you my friend.

all you should of said to me was "yeah i'm sure there is a limit or gta v is the limit on the consoles". but nah you get in this silly argument. guess the irony is pointed towards you my friend.

I never disagreed that there isn't a limit for the Xbox 360 console. You have a nasty habit of forcing words into my mouth. I only suggested that GTA5 could have also expounded a bit with interior areas considering the way they load portions of the map as if they were chunks. You seem to have it in your head that I'm standing here screaming at you telling you that you're wrong and insulting you for it.. again, the irony of that is palpable.

I never disagreed that there isn't a limit for the Xbox 360 console. You have a nasty habit of forcing words into my mouth. I only suggested that GTA5 could have also expounded a bit with interior areas considering the way they load portions of the map as if they were chunks. You seem to have it in your head that I'm standing here screaming at you telling you that you're wrong and insulting you for it.. again, the irony of that is palpable.

wow if you forgot what you said to me on page 1 then you're stupid i'm sorry. also think of it like this designing more interior areas for the game would mean they would have to remove other features. there's a thing called lack of space. with the already massive map and massively detailed ocean floor i doubt they can make interiors for every building. be lucky you can even go in a few of them. i'd suggest waiting for next gen with whatever gta game Rockstar decides to make.

also look at the MP some of the safe houses are literally cut and paste interior. another reason they couldn't make everything individually different.

And GTA5 has one city with a lot of back country with a few mountain roads.. "big fucking whoop" also? To be honest, the way you just described GTA4 seems much more better than GTA5 when you read it objectively.
>few mountain roads. you clearly haven't explored the entire map then. gta v is more attractive looking and has a bigger array of environment compared to gta iv. so big fucking whoop.

anyway i think i'm done here i don't need mods yelling at me for being off-topic for 1 and half pages.

Edited by burntt0ad

wow if you forgot what you said to me on page 1 then you're stupid i'm sorry.

Nope. Didn't forget it at all. It's still my opinion that the way you described GTA4 objectively sounds better than the way you described GTA5. Does that make you wrong? Not at all. I can't imagine living in a world where everyone who shares a differing opinion than you is automatically considered "stupid". You may as well be one of those people who equate being an agnostic with being an atheist in that they can't distinguish between an unsure belief with an assertion of falsehood. Considering how you've reacted and presented yourself when considering such, I believe I can hear the echoings of Chicago Bearhawks..

Please don't make posts about information you are completely wrong on/don't know anything about.

This is the first time I've agreed with Chicago Bearhawks now, despite being under a completely different context.

few mountain roads. you clearly haven't explored the entire map then. gta v is more attractive looking and has a bigger array of environment compared to gta iv. so big fucking whoop.

An opinion of yours that you're not wrong for having. Do you see how easy it is to be accepting of other's opinions despite disagreeing with them? It would do you much good to learn this simple act of decency. Honestly, I could pick from at most a dozen instances in this thread where you've insulted or berated someone for having a different opinion than you; it's quite worrisome, actually.

Edited by Hishoa

Nope. Didn't forget it at all. It's still my opinion that the way you described GTA4 objectively sounds better than the way you described GTA5. Does that make you wrong? Not at all. I can't imagine living in a world where everyone who shares a differing opinion than you is automatically considered "stupid". You may as well be one of those people who equate being an agnostic with being an atheist in that they can't distinguish between an unsure belief with an assertion of falsehood. Considering how you've reacted and presented yourself when considering such, I believe I can hear the echoings of Chicago Bearhawks..
you said you disagreed with me. which means you don't believe me.

This is the first time I've agreed with Chicago Bearhawks now, despite being under a completely different context.
his post wasn't even constructive. telling me i don't have proof lol wow. google is proof. and on something you post earlier going "google isn't proof it's a search engine". naw do ya think? the proof is when you search for it using google.

An opinion of yours that you're not wrong for having. Do you see how easy it is to be accepting of other's opinions despite disagreeing with them? It would do you much good to learn this simple act of humanism. Honestly, I could pick from at most a dozen instances in this thread where you've insulted or berated someone for having a different opinion than you; it's quite worrisome, actually.
my opinion is wrong what? i beg to differ i'm sure there are millions of people that would say gta iv looks ugly compared to V. dozen instances of what? us arguing? you're pretty much the only person i've been talking to in this thread. except the other 3 but that's different.

see what i fail to understand is your lack of not understanding what i'm saying to you. the game is hitting the limit for consoles even Rockstar said it themselves. i can't understand why you fail to understand this concept. you think making interior spaces for every building is no problem.

that's the typical gta player. when they wanted something to be added in a new gta game it was added. now people want more and more.

knew i said i was done but you just wont stop sit and think about what you're posting. all of this could of been done a page ago if you agreed with me or even to some extent said i was partially right. but naw.

you said you disagreed with me. which means you don't believe me.

I believe you are wrong. That does not mean you are wrong. This is the core idea behind having an opinion:

what do you not get about that?

his post wasn't even constructive. telling me i don't have proof lol wow. google is proof. and on something you post earlier going "google isn't proof it's a search engine". naw do ya think? the proof is when you search for it using google.

For someone who's so intent on telling others how stupid they are because they have a different opinion, all you've done is exclaim over and over "I have proof! Google is my proof!".. but haven't offered up anything substantial. Yes, Chicago's post wasn't constructive and didn't offer up proof.. but neither did yours. You may as well be the lady in this video at 0:33.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E87gciwebw]Woman At VP Debate Calls Obama A Communist - YouTube[/ame]

Now, does this mean there isn't proof out there? No, of course not. At the very least all you've done is fail to produce this proof and instead try to shift the burden of it onto someone else. You're the one making the asserting that X is true. Show us evidence that demonstrates X as true. It really is not that hard.

An opinion of yours that you're not wrong for having.

my opinion is wrong what? i beg to differ

Look. Either you love trying to speak for me or you lack proper reading comprehension. Which is it?

i'm sure there are millions of people that would say gta iv looks ugly compared to V.

Yes, those are called opinions. We all have one. This is what I've been trying to demonstrate to you. Are you all caught up now?

dozen instances of what?

Why are you asking this? It's literally in the chunk of text you quoted: let me highlight it for you.

I could pick from at most a dozen instances in this thread where you've insulted or berated someone for having a different opinion than you

you think making interior spaces for every building is no problem.

Please quote me where I said it wouldn't be a problem for them to add interior spaces for every building. I'm still waiting on my various other requests of you I've made earlier in this thread. I won't hold my breath though.

knew i said i was done but you just wont stop sit and think about what you're posting. all of this could of been done a page ago if you agreed with me or even to some extent said i was partially right. but naw.

So this is you claiming you won't stop arguing with someone until they share the same view as you? What is this, the Crusades?

Edited by Hishoa

I believe you are wrong. That does not mean you are wrong. This is the core idea behind having an opinion:

For someone who's so intent on telling others how stupid they are because they have a different opinion, all you've done is exclaim over and over "I have proof! Google is my proof!".. but haven't offered up anything substantial. Yes, Chicago's post wasn't constructive and didn't offer up proof.. but neither did yours. You may as well be the lady in this video at 0:33.

Now, does this mean there isn't proof out there? No, of course not. At the very least all you've done is fail to produce this proof and instead try to shift the burden of it onto someone else. You're the one making the asserting that X is true. Show us evidence that demonstrates X as true. It really is not that hard.

Look. Either you love trying to speak for me or you lack proper reading comprehension. Which is it?

Yes, those are called opinions. We all have one. This is what I've been trying to demonstrate to you. Are you all caught up now?

Why are you asking this? It's literally in the chunk of text you quoted: let me highlight it for you.

Please quote me where I said it wouldn't be a problem for them to add interior spaces for every building. I'm still waiting on my various other requests of you I've made earlier in this thread. I won't hold my breath though.

So this is you claiming you won't stop arguing with someone until they share the same view as you? What is this, the Crusades?

you have to be the biggest idiot on this site. you still don't understand and i probably wont expect you with that narrow minded head of yours. alas i guess that how most people are nowadays.

also inb4 saying i'm narrow minded and bla bla bla. i feel like im arguing with a wall. and yes i'm talking about you. everything i say seems to not go into your head. i don't get it.

Edited by burntt0ad

Yes, I really do personally. It's huge and detailed yes, but I feel like it's a very boring map.

I thought I was the only one.

(Like I've said before though, I really can respect what this game has achieved technologically and how it doesn't have loading screens and such, that's really incredible!)

Compared to the 80's beach town atmosphere in Vice City and the 3 completely different cities in San Andreas, this is such a lacking map. For me personally, the mountains and stuff do nothing, so 75% of the map is lost for me.

The city just isn't as grandiose (in terms of atmosphere) as I felt it was in previous titles.

Edited by Slaytalllica

you have to be the biggest idiot on this site. you still don't understand and i probably wont expect you with that narrow minded head of yours. alas i guess that how most people are nowadays.

also inb4 saying i'm narrow minded and bla bla bla. i feel like im arguing with a wall. and yes i'm talking about you. everything i say seems to not go into your head. i don't get it.

http://i.imgur.com/jiSUQ.gif

Yes, I really do personally. It's huge and detailed yes, but I feel like it's a very boring map.

I thought I was the only one.

Big and detailed indeed. The interactivity of it leaves room for improvement, though sadly. But I suppose that's what you meant when you said boring.

Compared to the 80's beach town atmosphere in Vice City

I was wondering what was missing.. it's those bikini'd ladies wearing roller skates from the previous titles! :dance:

The city just isn't as grandiose (in terms of atmosphere) as I felt it was in previous titles.

Whereas it took me quite awhile to get familiar with my surroundings in earlier titles with what the three cities, I can't say the same for GTA5. The one city, for me, was plenty disappointing. Maybe if they instead chose to have an additional city in place of the exceedingly unimportant and unused underwater terrain that exists primarily for collectible hunting, my opinion would be different. I wonder what the DLC will have in store for us.

Edited by Hishoa