Inferno in single player?

• 2 weeks later...

well if you got a 2nd controller get a elastic band with a home seeking rocket launcher and wrap the band around the trigger and leave it behind you so as your shooting there someone providing cover. other then that you need to call a friend around

It's possible, it's just not easy. You're pretty much required to have at least one set of turrets on you at all times for the added independent firepower (and I often take two of them - alternate them so that you always finish reloading one before the other is done and just roll like a madman).

Also, you need tons and tons of health. I've crossed 4500 and I'm still barely scraping by on the later stages. Level 8 on Easy is ideal for farming health - just finish the stage until nothing except 1 UFO is left, then kill the bugs that fall for as long as you like. The game stops counting armor drops after ~100 new health, so at that point kill the UFO, save your game, and start again.

You would need more than double the health and you'd need to farm for better weapons as well.

It is a blast to play co-op, even if you have less than talented friend to play along side you, give them some zero guns and tell them how to set them up, you would be good to go.

Truly the health is super important. Farming for it for us the best place was the level where you have two space ships dropping aliens down. With the zero guns in place (most powerful ones are the best) you can gather alot of health. (Shoot down the one if you're by yourself, and then only have the one to deal with.)

Not sure if this makes sense, in my head I am seeing how we did it, farming for health that is. The best site for getting some of the better weapons is the level where you are in tunnels and it's spiders, I think it is in the 40s some place.(I would have to put the game in to be sure.)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how I would have gotten 1000/1000 without a human partner playing next to me, but I didn't max out my armor either. I think it would be essential to have the Lysander Z before even attempting it and farm for as much armor as you can before hand. I would pay for online DLC if they offered it in a second, I've got a friend right now just starting on this game and is trying to get through it by himself.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got 8 missions still to do on single player inferno, and it's tough.

My health is just over 10000 and I reckon I'll need about 2 or 3 times as much to give the other levels a real go.

Looks like I've got hours and hours of farming ahead of me!!!!!

Not necessarily. When I completed the game I had nowhere near max health. Most missions can be cleared fairly easily if you know what to take out first but, as others have stated, a second controller can help out greatly.

2P, using a weak launcher, is essentially an invincible decoy. My favorite cheap tactic is to equip a weak launcher and the most powerful explosive. Plant explosive, down yourself with the weak launcher, detonate explosive to take out tons of surrounding enemies.

If you need to farm, the short canyon level filled with ants is a wonderful place. Use two sets of turrets. Here's a basic guide I worked up a long time ago: http://forums.xbox.com/21523448/ShowPost.aspx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, if he had the Genocide Gun he would've already beat Inferno. Get some really nice weapons like AF20 and a Goliath Z and farm Inferno 46 until you have practically every weapon but you're really looking for AF100, Lysander Z, ZEXR-GUN and the Stingray MF to drop. These alone make killing Hardest and Inferno mode enemies far easier. Then farm Normal 52 for tons of health. I was getting around 400 health an hour once I had the lone carrier dropping ants in my hail of bullets.

• 4 weeks later...

Once you pick up ZEXR-GUN you can equip two of the them and go to Inferno 40. You can get -nearly- every good weapon from this stage save one or two but there's way more enemies and it's certainly a lot easier. No spiders, no tunnels to blow yourself up on the walls.

Take two sets of ZEXR-GUNs and toss them both on top of the rock right in front of you when the stage starts. As soon as the friendlies start shooting at the red ants start up one set of guns and slowly count to 22 or 23 and then start up the other set. When the first set runs out and you reload throw them in the water and activate them all right away. Keep this up while rolling around and picking up drops. I can do this stage in less then ten minutes and you get way more stuff than Inferno 46. This is a more effecient way to get most of the weapons in the game and it's a lot less stress. Now it's so normal to grind for weapons on this stage I hardly even get hit any more and once you reach a certain point during the stage you can let the friendlies kill the enemies while you just run for drops.