Needler/Combine Explosion Query

Bubba Brad

Hey guys,

First off, apologies if this has been previously posted, I did a search on the forum for this query and nothing came up.

I'm trying to get the automatic kills commendation and I seem to be getting a large amount of multikills from a single needle combination kill/explosion.

Does this multikill from a single explosion count as several kills with an automatic weapon or does just the original kill count as an automatic and the others count as something else entirely.

Any information would be great,

thanks.

-Brad.

Hey Brady :) Only the first counts. Your best bet is playing Rocketfight or Sniper Fight with a friend and pick a Needler, and take 2 different sides of the map, or let him work on something else, like on Outpost. The 2 controllers trick is a pain.

Or you could play Score Attack on Corvette by yourself with the Medic and get 70 Assault Rifle kills per fight. That's what I do.

Hey Swann :)

Thanks for the reply, thought as much.

Just thinking about score attack, could it be effective to do Holdout with an assault rifle and just stand next to the ammo crate from initial spawn?

The enemies come to you and you'd never have to go back for ammo.

I was thinking of changing my language settings like other people have been and playing a 4 player game on my own for 150+ needler kills but it just sounds exhausting.

P.S. working on your signature at the moment, I'll message you when it's done.

Even a 2 player game by yourself is exhausting because all enemies will rush towards your other player and your second controller will rumble all the time (you can't change it in the options). And you will die, a lot, even on Outpost because Elites dodge like crazy. By the time you pick-up your Needler again, you will be dead again :)

Holdout could be good but I wouldn't. I tried with the Grenade Launcher and you will get stickied and die too fast.

Corvette is good because for the first 2 waves, the enemies will rush you up the left ramp and Shielded Jackals will advance showing their profile for slow, easy kills. At the start of the third wave, run back downstairs and camp in the spawning room, you will have a lot of room to dodge grenades. And use your ODST night/threat vision because Brutes are dark. For the fourth wave, pick up a full Spiker as a secondary weapon and run back up the stairs and hold position here. You can use your Drop Shield in the small hallway, the Skirmishers won't rush you inside, contrary to the Brutes downstairs, where you will die sometimes. When you're out, finish the fight in the spawning room. You can get around 70 kills like that. It's the best way I found, but boring and long as Hell.

For the sig, you're like my new best virtual friend :) And I'm sorry to be so picky about small details.

Edited by Asturgis