Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Sleeping Dogs
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How good is this game ?

I know that its True Crime 3 but what are the pros and cons of the game. Me and my nephew are intrested in this game. Bout to play the demo in a minute but would really appreciate some feedback too from gamers that bought this game and played it.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Why don't you have a look at the review and play the demo to make your own opinion?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...g-dogs/review/

Also refer to this thread for thoughts/impressions: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=384432
Old 11-26-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
I just traded AC3 (which I thought was crap) for this and I'm liking it a lot. The gameplay reminds me a bit of The Warriors (which is a very good thing)
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

I played the demo on both consoles and I loved it..just need to figure out on which consle I'm going to buy the game for

But I'm going to buy it when they reduce the price...because it has no MP, therefore there is no rush for me buying this game...might even buy it when they release the GOTY edition

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
II Mortis II

Mortis x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The story kept me gripped throughout. A really fun game with quite a lot to do
Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
Crepsik

Awesome Ders's Gamercard
Great story, decent gameplay mechanics. I would say a solid 7.5/10 or maybe 8/10. The Nightmare DLC was a 2/10 due to it being extremely short and B-movie horror
Crepsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
DODGYSAI

I would just like to go on record saying this is the most enjoyable game ive played all year
DODGYSAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
I just got it after trying the demo it's fucking great.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
it's a nice game ..... not a great game but it was funny to complete it
just a little bit boring cause you have to do the same thing several times

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 44/44
Completed Retail: 188/190
Completed Retail with DLC: 188/190
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
Hottub Cowboy

Hottub Cowboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I recently picked it up on sale and its pretty fun 7 the achievements seem easy. I hope the DLC goes on sale over Christmas as there are a few I would like to get.
Hottub Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Well on recommendation from people here I went and bought Sleeping Dogs along with Hitman yesterday and it only cost me 40 for both brand new. I love sales. Now to find time to play it haha.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #12
WOLVES R SWEET

WOLFrostBITE's Gamercard
really good not as good as true crime la and new york it was true crime hong kong but you knew that already
WOLVES R SWEET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
MattDares

Matt Dares's Gamercard
I really enjoyed this game. Little tip when fighting just get in a car and run them over. so much quicker lol. DLC isn't half bad as well.
MattDares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #14
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Seems like GTA mixed with Batman fighting controls. SO far this game is awesome.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #15
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
I actually didn't like this game that much ... it has pretty decent production values (graphics are fucking awesome at night when it is raining....probably the reason why it's raining basically every night...) but everything you do has already been done in every other open world game out there. The missions are super boring (the same stuff over and over and over and over), the story is absolutely horrible (it defines cliche and predictable) and the stuff you can do in between missions is ... actually you can't to a lot of stuff besides collectibles ... and actually the story is worse than horrible....it's insultingly rushed and shallow. You plow through countless secondary characters, whom all disappear after 3 or 4 missions, there is nothing worth remembering here.

The feelings of danger and suspicion were always a strong point of GTA, bc the game could really surprise you when you were least expecting it. In Sleeping Dogs you can smell the drama from miles away...in GTA it really hit you when someone died ... in Sleeping Dogs you're just counting the Drive-from-A-to-B-n-to-C-while-car-chase-fuck-yeah-missions for it to happn.

At some point you don't even care about playing in China anymore, because it just feels like any other US setting. And the fighting system is broken as well and the initial style wears off pretty quickly, because you won't do most of these moves anyway. Counter OP. After that it gets pretty annoying and laughable that everyone settles their shit with fists in good ol' China ...

Saints Row the Third was much much better than Sleeping Dogs imho, because this game found its place next to GTA, as a ludicrous but entertaining drug-ride, rather than trying to be a Ganster-GTA. The missions are much better, the story is better (...yeah..it really is better) and the stuff you can do is better as well.

Last edited by Schreckofant; 07-23-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #16
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreckofant View Post
I actually didn't like this game that much ... it has pretty decent production values (graphics are fucking awesome at night when it is raining....probably the reason why it's raining basically every night...) but everything you do has already been done in every other open world game out there. The missions are super boring (the same stuff over and over and over and over), the story is absolutely horrible (it defines cliche and predictable) and the stuff you can do in between missions is ... actually you can't to a lot of stuff besides collectibles ... and actually the story is worse than horrible....it's insultingly rushed and shallow. You plow through countless secondary characters, whom all disappear after 3 or 4 missions, there is nothing worth remembering here.

The feelings of danger and suspicion were always a strong point of GTA, bc the game could really surprise you when you were least expecting it. In Sleeping Dogs you can smell the drama from miles away...in GTA it really hit you when someone died ... in Sleeping Dogs you're just counting the Drive-from-A-to-B-n-to-C-while-car-chase-fuck-yeah-missions for it to happn.

At some point you don't even care about playing in China anymore, because it just feels like any other US setting. And the fighting system is broken as well and the initial style wears off pretty quickly, because you won't do most of these moves anyway. Counter OP. After that it gets pretty annoying and laughable that everyone settles their shit with fists in good ol' China ...

Saints Row the Third was much much better than Sleeping Dogs imho, because this game found its place next to GTA, as a ludicrous but entertaining drug-ride, rather than trying to be a Ganster-GTA. The missions are much better, the story is better (...yeah..it really is better) and the stuff you can do is better as well.
GTA bored me (still haven't finished it) and while I enjoyed Saints Row 3 it felt more cartoonish then Sleeping Dogs. I think the story was well written. I also feel invested in some of the characters in the story (like Winston and his wife, along with Jackie). This game is easily better then GTA, in my opinion.

Very happy with this purchase, working on completing it doesn't feel like a chore.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
Riamu

Riamu XX's Gamercard
Completed the whole game and the DLC, eagerly waiting the sequel. I personally enjoyed it more than GTA 4. (The driving in this game is 100x better)
Old 08-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #18
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

I personally couldn't get into this game, tried multiple times but the gameplay mechanics are meh. And the city looks pretty bland, nothing made me want to explore. Might finish it one day.

Not a bad game though.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #19
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I just picked this up yesterday on Games on Demand. (Apparently I missed out on all the DLC being half off a couple months ago. D'oh!) I've watched a few videos and a couple reviews. Excited to start playing. Probably go after it tonight.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #20
JKapec57

ImMadAndYourBad's Gamercard
I played the demo and bought it, it is very good.
JKapec57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #21
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
i really enjoyed it, i 100%'d it and loved it

theres so much to do and you wont get bored of it for a while!

>gta4

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #22
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

It's a really good sandbox game to play, a really good spiritual sequal of True Crime, which the first was so good, like literally the best thing I played last gen.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote