Build Your Character Now

Here's a cool site I found on the net that let's you pick all your abilities for your character before you play the game. It's pretty useful for planning out a build. I thought I'd share it with you guys. Sorry if this has been posted already. I didn't see it if it has been.

http://www.38watch.com/calculator/#0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

No problem. I'm glad someone found this useful. It really helped me figure out exactly how my first character will be made.

how will your ( and other people who figured it out yet ) charater will be build then? I can't make up my mind it all seems fun. so far I'm thinking about a might and finesse combo.

Personally going to try Finesse with some points in Might.

I had a look into Sorcery but as an 'added' to Finesse, I didn't see anything that appealed, I was going for the heal, but only one or two things interested me.

Was going up to Concussive Force in Might to get the 60% against stunned skill.

I also think that due to the way the damage talents work, that it'd be a waste to go for more than one weapon, but that could just be me.

I agree with you about it not being a good idea to go for multiple weapon talents. Atleast not ones that are from different talent trees. I was originally going to use chakrams and greatswords with my mage. But now I'm thinking about chakrams and sceptres. Since they both benefit from the same weapon perks.

So basically I'm going to max out all of the sorcery abilities. It's pretty cool that at max level you have just enough points to fully unlock all of the skills in one path. It will really make you feel like a badass in that fighting style.

Edited by BloodGodAlucard

in my previous post I said id like a might and finesse combo but I'm just so impressed with how unique, elegant and powerfull the chakrams look, I just have to use them. this forces me to put points in sorcery. I still want to use dagger or feablades. any tips on how I should devide my points? If I get disapointed with my choises I can go to a certain fea and reallot my point right?

Yeah that's actually one of the things I like most about this game. You can respec your character at any time. You have to pay certain NPCs gold and they'll let you re-distribute all of your points. They really wanted to let the player experiment and try out everything to find what they liked the best.

I'm not really sure how you should set up a Sorcery/Finesse build though. I'm not sure if the ranged perks in Finesse apply to chakrams or not. Hopefully someone else will know for sure.

What are Chakrams, is it a type of weapon or spell?

Getting this on the 7th and i need to know what these are so im not going into the game without a build in mind.

Each time you leveled up in the demo you got to pick another destiny, what does that do, let you choose a different one if the one chosen before wasnt to yur liking?

Yeah chakrams are ring blades that can be thrown in battle. They seem to be effective up to mid range. That's from videos I've seen around the web. I actually didn't get to try them out much in the demo personally. Plus it's kind of hard to see how awesome they could be without having the perks that give you the special and charged attacks.

You can choose a different destiny at any time from the pause menu. Basically you unlock new ones based on how you distribute your skill points when you level up. Once you get a certain amount in Might, Finesse, and Sorcery you'll unlock new destinies for that type of character build. A full list can be found on the wiki.

Here: http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Destinies

Hope this helps you out. If you still need some other stuff explained feel free to ask. Or check the wiki I linked you to. It has a lot of useful information.

If you're trying to figure out if you played the full 45 minutes to unlock the Mass Effect 3 items, it should give you a message saying your time has expired and that you've unlocked the Chakram Launcher assault rifle for ME3. I had to play the demo 3 times since it kept crashing. The final time I just wanted to ensure I got the gun unlocked. So I just played through until I got the 45 minutes to play and let the console idle until time expired.

So instead of making a new thread I'll post here. The following is how I plan on building my character:

Race: Almani

Patron God: Justice (+10% Health)

Skills: Detect Hidden until secret door perk

Blacksmithing Maxed

Alchemy until essence of fate

Persuasion to level 7

Rest into who knows what (probably sagecraft)

Abilities: http://amalurfoundry.com/calculator?36005300565065300630160000&000000000000000000000000000&30021665065503505035000000

Weapons: Longswords and Chakrams

This build is based on damage mitigation and inflicting damage quickly and then getting out of anger. I wanted to try greatsword or hammer but the longsword is a better melee weapon for someone who doesn't want to melee all the time. Thoughts?

What are you all planning?

Edited by Method

Finesse all the way, I´m rather innocent and respectful person in real life, therefor, I´m a total bastard on videogames XDXD

Sorcery looks cool and maybe I´ll get to create a second character when I have the game (I´m not getting on release, too much busy to play a new RPG right now).

The warrior way seems the most pointless, I mean, does not include anything we haven´t seen in another thousand games, and that would make the game extremely boring to me, specially when the combat is a plain hack and slash system.