Crystals Achievement ... Not Unlocking?

Here is my story ...

I played this game completley through co-op split screen with a friend.

I was the 2nd player (lower half of the screen as Elara) and he was the 1st player (upper half of the screen as Caddoc) throughout the entire game. We never switched characters.

Now ... here is the issue ...

We played the entire game following the Achievement Collectables guide in the Achievement Guide on this forum. Every prisoner was rescued ... we got the achievement. Every Dragons Tear was collected ... we got the achievement. Every dead guy was spoken with ... we got the achievement ...

Now ... here is the kicker ...

EVERY crystal was COLLECTED (132/132 ... yes, listed as 132/132 in both our 'back' button menus) ... my friend (player 1 Caddoc) got the achievement. I didn't .... WHAT THE F$@$#??? He has 1000/1000 and I have 985/1000 ... how is this possible? I do not understand.

Is there a logical explanation to this?

Do I need to load a previous checkpoint and re-do a certain section or do I need to play an ENTIRE new SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN and re-collect them ALL AGAIN?

If I need to play the entire game again ... then, unfortunately that will not be happening. This game was absolutley atrocious on all levels, I had no idea what the story was about, I didn't care about the characters, the levels were too long and boring. The loot system was flawed. This game was just completley average on all levels and I now have a high level of indifference to the game.

So if a new playthrough is required. I .. am .. done. This game in my eyes has 1000/1000.

Thank you.

GSTAR321

I had this issue myself. The only instance that I know this can happen in, is if you and your partner, played on your partners playthrough file. If you did, it's an unresolvable issue I think, and the only solution I can offer is that you find another partner, or play alone, on your own playthrough, quickly getting through the game to quickly get all of the Crystals.

This can happen due to intentionally or not, your partner having at some point picked up a crystal. My split-screener was trying to boost 'Pump YOU up' while she was waiting for me to be ready to play the game with her again (I had an issue with me eye at the time, needed a break) and on the way, she picked up a Crystal. We were on her playthrough, and the crystal had already been taken without me being there.

If those issues don't apply to your situation, I can't offer any more solutions, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...