Gameboy Pokémon Discussion

Tussell

It seems like the Pokémon Platinum thread was a bit of a hit, but I feel as though that thread was meant for something else other than discussion about the game series in general...

I made this thread because it seemed like it was a popular discussion piece Pokémon Red.

What did you guys start out with, Pokémon wise? Who was your first Pokémon, etc.?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was a HUGE pokemon fan back in the day. I think my first game was red version and my first pokemon was charmander. My favourite game though would have to be the crystal and leaf green versions of the game. I haven't played the newer versions but they look fairy good. The game was so addictive though, i spent hours on end trying to catch the differnt types of pokemon and collect all the badges. But by far my favourite pokemon would have to be mew which i attained wile at a pokemon trading card game at a locale toys R us, some guy had duplicates of the pokemon and was trading them to people in our little card tourny.

Can't he just change the batteries in the back? I don't understand how it messed stuff up...

If he changes it, he loses his file.

But you can still play it when the battery is dead, but you cant save anymore.

Anyway, pokémon blue was my first game, and I think it's one of the best games ever. My first pokémon was squirtle, and I got level 36 blastoise at the 6th gym, forgot name of town, with Sabrina.

I always tried to avoid the trainers for some reason.. Later I stepped over to red and got 151 pokémons and later I got 151 pokémons in blue too..

Then I got Silver, and I was so happy.. First pokémon Cyndaquill. My brother got gold, but when we went on vacation that summer, we lost that one.

Ive never got every pokémon on silver though, mainly because I couldnt get the ones on gold anymore.. and later on, the save file got corrupted.

Then I bought ruby and Sapphire, and I was quite angry when I completed it and heared you couldnt trade pokemons. Eventually I quit with that one and started play red again, and the battery died. A couple of days later, blues battery died too. Then I bought emerald and I got 200 pokémons since then.

I still wanna buy a DS for pokémon platinum.. I actually bought a DS, but my DS never arrived.. Damn ebay!

/rant

Tussel....pokemon...head.....exploding......

Anyway, Pokemon will always be my favourite game of all time. I got the diploma for catching all the pokemon, i felt so achieved. It took about a year, but i loved it. Then Silver came out, and it was so good. Sapphire, not so much, then pearl, i didn't even bother.

I think i will come back into this topic regularly, and check it. Why?

BECUZ I FR3@K1n LUV DA POKEMANZ!!

Started off with the Red version and picked Charmander for a start. This was actually my first "RPG" at that point in my life, and I loved every moment of it. My mom promised me that she'd buy me the Blue version after I beat Red, and that promise was kept. :D

I eventually got all 151 on Red (thanks to the help of Poke cloning in Silver and someone who had a Mew), but since then I let my brother restart the game and play.

Turns out even though he'd been playing a lot of Gold, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, and Diamond or Pearl, he'd never started when the series was at its prime (Silver is closely behind Red in my tastes).

Between the two of us, we've had just about every game save Pearl and Platinum, though I never played past the RubySapphire generation.

Throughout all the Poke games, I typically pick the fire starter in all of them, favorite being Torchic-Blaziken. Fire+Fighting is so bad ass.

If I can manage to find a decently priced used DS and manage to get a job or some birthday money, I'll definitely be getting that and Platinum.

Did you say pokeman?

My first game was Red, my pokemon of choice was Bulbasaur. I mean come on, some vine wips on a little tyke of a creature can be very useful ;)

My favorite pokemon is unchosen, there are so many cool ones out there now.

I liked Yellow version though. Having Pikachu able to follow you and you can get all the others. Nice! =]

A remake of Yellow would be awesome. For DS or GBA =]

How did you even get a Mew? I got mine off a mate but I never actually worked out how to get it.

There is a glitch in Red and Blue version where you can legitimately get Mew.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYzFeE6MyX4&feature=related]Check out this video.[/ame]

If you follow the instructions correctly on this video, you should encounter a Level 7 Mew like in the video. This glitch is legit unlike the bullshit Mew under the truck rumor that I heard a lot back in the day.

Back to the main topic, I started out with Blue version and I still play the mainstream Pokemon games to this day. I usually pick the water starters since they are usually good beating the first gym.

Nowadays, I do two things in the mainstream Pokemon games. That is either completing my Pokedex in each generation and competitive battling. I probably killed so many hours from just playing all those games after all these years.

Jesus H. Today's been very nostalgic for me.. I had Red so it seemed natural to start off with whoever the guy was that evolved to Charmeleon and then Charizard. I loved that game so much I must have logged at least 200+ hours on it. And the last boss battles where you win the tournament and then have to fight Gary I got so pissed off and broke my Gameboy, it was 2 years before I finally got a new Gameboy and finally finished it.. seemed so long ago

I've had full pokedex in EVERY pokemon game so far, I am extremely sad and even own 2 DS's just so I can trade pokemon across from diamond to pearl...

In my list includes:

Pokemon Stadium and follow ons

All Gameboy and DS pokemon games EXCEPT pinball, I'm working on getting the max score possible on that atm, it's extremely hard...