Achievement Guide & Roadmap

MODS - Can someone please clean up this thread. There is shit everywhere. Whilst I thank the OP for the guide, there are videos scattered all over the place from people. Please put these in the OP and credit the people. Also change your formatting to the standardised Roadmap Guide used across all games on this site.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but for the Popcorn.gif achievement on Keyes, just turn on the Bandana skull and then proceed to nade behind you before you drop into the goo for the first time. The Infection forms respawn infinitely so it'll be easy enough to get 100 in about 30 seconds.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but for the Popcorn.gif achievement on Keyes, just turn on the Bandana skull and then proceed to nade behind you before you drop into the goo for the first time. The Infection forms respawn infinitely so it'll be easy enough to get 100 in about 30 seconds.

I really don't know how you should play this level to not unlock it naturally.

I really don't know how you should play this level to not unlock it naturally.

True, but I was trying to get the 2 elites to die (across the goo pit) on Legendary (playing co-op) so grenading the hall behind me to not get swarmed made me realize that it can be done fairly easily.

I was trying for "That Just Happened" and got killed about half way through by Rocket Flood. I decided to finish the level anyway after quitting, then reloading the checkpoint. In the end I did not get the achievement.

Too bad it doesn't work because it does in Halo Reach for the challenges.

MODS - Can someone please clean up this thread. There is shit everywhere. Whilst I thank the OP for the guide, there are videos scattered all over the place from people. Please put these in the OP and credit the people. Also change your formatting to the standardised Roadmap Guide used across all games on this site.

Show some respect, man. First of all, this isn't Wikipedia -- there isn't a format that absolutely has to be adhered to. Even for the official guide submissions (ones that appear on the main site) the format is pretty loose, and this one still fits those guidelines with the exception of the images.

Maybe you should nicely ask the OP to add the videos to his guide since it is, you know, his guide. He's done so thus far, as almost all the videos in later posts have been added.

Show some respect, man. First of all, this isn't Wikipedia -- there isn't a format that absolutely has to be adhered to. Even for the official guide submissions (ones that appear on the main site) the format is pretty loose, and this one still fits

those guidelines with the exception of the images.

Maybe you should nicely ask the OP to add the videos to his guide since it is, you know, his guide. He's done so thus far, as almost all the videos in later posts have been added.

While you are correct, ayepeck had a few valid points about the roadmap. It would not be published because of format. The look of guides on main site must be consistant. Videos are up to him. :) he can of course submit a regular roadmap instead

I never did and still have absolutely no interest in doing anything that will get this published/stickied/whatever, so if somebody else wants to make there own than be my guest. I put my guides together prior to the release of the game because I had experience and advice to be offered in beating the game and early access to information necessary for getting all of the achievements. I was simply giving people a quick jump for their achievement hunting because I'm a huge fan of Halo (and I'm amazed nobody else has even posted a competing guide at this point.)

I admittedly do not have time to persistently update every little piece of information people throw up then and there as I have a wife and 2 jobs and a rather hectic daily routine. I do my best to update in bulk but honestly since I don't get paid for writing a guide it's only going to be done in my spare time.

Like I said, if somebody else wants to write up a guide, than please by all means do so. If you want you're welcome to copy and paste anything you want out of the achievement and skull/terminal guide if it would make your job easier.

I never did and still have absolutely no interest in doing anything that will get this published/stickied/whatever, so if somebody else wants to make there own than be my guest. I put my guides together prior to the release of the game because I had experience and advice to be offered in beating the game and early access to information necessary for getting all of the achievements. I was simply giving people a quick jump for their achievement hunting because I'm a huge fan of Halo (and I'm amazed nobody else has even posted a competing guide at this point.)

I admittedly do not have time to persistently update every little piece of information people throw up then and there as I have a wife and 2 jobs and a rather hectic daily routine. I do my best to update in bulk but honestly since I don't get paid for writing a guide it's only going to be done in my spare time.

Like I said, if somebody else wants to write up a guide, than please by all means do so. If you want you're welcome to copy and paste anything you want out of the achievement and skull/terminal guide if it would make your job easier.

Well I'm extremely thankful you took the time to do this. I 1kd the game last night and your advice was invaluable. I thoroughly enjoy reading all your other posts too. Thanks :)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1976/UPsf--4=.jpg No-Fly Zone 10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Destroy 3 banshees on the level “Halo” on any difficulty

Co-Op Attainable: No. The player that is going for the achievement must kill all of the banshees. Sharing kills on Co-op will not work

My friend and I got this achievement on co-op, it depends on who kills the last Banshee. I got it, reloaded the save, then he got it.

I've got a few videos for the guide if you want to use them.

Higher quality videos of Beachhead, Wraith Hunter and I'll Be Taking That!:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnU_sMg1Bzc]Halo: CE Anniversary - Beachhead Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b9LM4DRYo4]Halo: CE Anniversary - Wraith Hunter Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q80KJ3-8AF8]Halo: CE Anniversary - I'll Be Taking That! Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

And videos for Grenadier, Breaking Quarantine, Speed Reader/That Just Happened, and This Side Up/Never Tell Me the Odds:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6MNFxyGlUo]Halo: CE Anniversary - Grenadier Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jl_OGTwOvA]Halo: CE Anniversary - Breaking Quarantine Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_q8U_EzC8I]Halo: CE Anniversary - Speed Reader, That Just Happened Achievement Guides with Commentary - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD64NbIzp1w]Halo: CE Anniversary - This Side Up, Never Tell Me the Odds Achievement Guides - YouTube[/ame]

Do Skulls such as bandana or grunt funeral affect "All According to Plan..."? Because I tried with and without skulls, still nothing happens and I'm sure I don't get caught because not a single covenant fires a shot and the marines move in by themselves after I finished everyone off. Help?

Do Skulls such as bandana or grunt funeral affect "All According to Plan..."? Because I tried with and without skulls, still nothing happens and I'm sure I don't get caught because not a single covenant fires a shot and the marines move in by themselves after I finished everyone off. Help?

Try it without grunt funeral on as exploding grunts everywhere are a bit of a wake up call lol. Bandanna wont be a problem though.

How do you know if you're caught or not? I turned off all the skulls and still got nothing

If the marines move up or more enemies enter the area then you may aswell restart. You pretty much have to one hit kill everything. Just take your time and if the achievement hasnt popped there is definitely atleast one more enemy around. In my case a sleeping grunt.

This might help: http://achievementhunter.com/archive/?id=3962

Edited by I R BFOG

Updating every other day really isn't what I was talking about. Your guide is fine. The roadmap would take you 2 minutes to adjust it to the right format since you already have the information. Time might be an issue, but the amount of time you've already invested is a lot. No one will attempt to write a guide if yours is already well done. I think you took what I said the wrong way. Sorry if you thought I was being rude or something.

Speaking of time, didn't you write a halo universe thread that probably has been years in development? ;) Also mentioned getting a capture card, which is a lot of extra time editing videos and such. It might be in your spare time, but you obviously enjoy doing it. So why wouldn't you want to submit it to be the one on the site? At least submitting it makes it a little more worth it.

Co-op: During co-op, it might be worthwhile to mention that the person whom is not host, might get kicked out of the game at the end of a level and nullify their legendary/completion. They might have the level on their list, but there will be no co-op or legendary done. Also, some levels may be entirely skipped. This is due to the lag that is caused when obtaining achievements.

Co-op: During co-op, it might be worthwhile to mention that the person whom is not host, might get kicked out of the game at the end of a level and nullify their legendary/completion. They might have the level on their list, but there will be no co-op or legendary done. Also, some levels may be entirely skipped. This is due to the lag that is caused when obtaining achievements.

This happened to me. A friend and I completed legendary coop and he got the legend achievement while I didn't (him hosting). I even got the achievement for finishing the warthog ride on The Maw with 1 minute left on the countdown but no completion of The Maw on legendary. When I checked my progress 2 entire levels had no legendary progress at all. Completing those levels solo did get me the achievement in the end.

Actually having a blast completing the game on legendary solo at the moment. The lag was that bad for me during our 2 coop playthroughs that I didnt actually feel like I had played it at all. Any excuse to play my favourite game ever 1 more time :woop:

The co-op bug is not just for online. My brother and I played through Legendary splitscreen and at the end he was missing Halo, Truth and Reconciliation, Silent Cartographer, and Assault on the Control Room. We just played through those 4 levels with him being first player and he got the achievement.

EXCELLENT guide. I love the organization! One suggestion: put the links to other threads, etc. found in the achievement listing section of your guide into a single word such as "here" or "this thread," that way you don't have a giant url uglying up your beautiful guide. Other than that, it was perfect! Thanks so much for all the effort you put into this; I will most certainly use it!!

I was playing The Library on co-op last night going for the 'That Just Happened" achievement and my partner died, instead of restarting the mission I reloaded the checkpoint. After we finished the level, I got my achievement but he did not.

So judging by what you've stated about the dummy profile, these's two possibilities that come to mind.

1. Reloading the check point voids the death for the user that didn't die.

2. Reloading the check point voids the death if the user that didn't die was host.

I was host at them time, so scenario 2 could be the case.

This is all under the assumption that if you don't reload the checkpoint, both players gain a death.

Dummy controller can be used. Just make sure the profile that needs it is NOT moving. Just idle it at the race, have the other controller control the warthog.

Should be noted that if it doesn't do it, I did have the controller with my profile on it get IN a warthog. It later spawned at a "Loading" area but still got the achievement.

Edited by GetGAME

Here is a tip for doing "That Just Happened" solo: when you get a checkpoint, save and quit. When you die just go to the dashboard (or open the xbox tray) and then reload your save file. I did this and so did my brother and we both have it now.

This also works with the timed achievement if you still manage to beat it under thirty minutes.