Unplayable because of loading times

Whenever i join a game, I'm basically dead or at least almost dead as soon as I join. All of a sudden, it took ages to load a game (worked fine at first), and now it is as close to unplayable as it gets.

Does anyone know of a fix, or if this is a common problem? I've tried re-installing the game, no luck there.

I had the same problem last weekend. Delete the game and it's datafiles, redownload. Fixed it for me.

Clear the cache in System Settings -> Storage

Yeah, I figured out how to clear cache. Tried deleting all the files (except the two save files), and still the loading times haven't improved. Am I supposed to delete the save files as well (I'm guessing everything is stored on WoT servers, and connected to my gamertag)?

Also, I don't get why there are two save files (I only use one profile). Could this be linked to the problem somehow?

That's not the only thing making the game unplayable. For some reason enemies are able to spot through terrain, buildings, etc, even from the other side of the map, literally. There's just no way that enemy artillery can pinpoint and destroy me right at the start of a game when I'm still moving my artillery into a good position without them somehow knowing where I am, and it's not even possible for their scouts to have spotted me so early in the match either. This has happened a few times already.

That's not the only thing making the game unplayable. For some reason enemies are able to spot through terrain, buildings, etc, even from the other side of the map, literally. There's just no way that enemy artillery can pinpoint and destroy me right at the start of a game when I'm still moving my artillery into a good position without them somehow knowing where I am, and it's not even possible for their scouts to have spotted me so early in the match either. This has happened a few times already.

Hmmmm.

Does your Detected or Sixth Sense warnings go off?

It could just be you're parking up in the place every arty goes to, and the guy on the other team is just blind firing at those well known spots and getting lucky.

Hmmmm.

Does your Detected or Sixth Sense warnings go off?

It could just be you're parking up in the place every arty goes to, and the guy on the other team is just blind firing at those well known spots and getting lucky.

No, I avoid places artillery tend to go since I'm the one who usually blind fires at those places, and no warnings either. But on maps like El Halluf, where there's huge areas to go to, and lots of good locations, it's highly suspicious when someone scores a direct hit on his first try without taking pot shots. I know what it's like when enemy artillery is taking pot shots; that's happened before too, but a direct hit on the first try, without me ever having fired? Very suspicious.

The enemy doesn't have to see you. I often destroy enemy artillery with blindshot at start of the game. There are some spots, when you usually can hope to destroy an arty, because everyone is going there. Even more, when you are moving and you accidentally go through a fence or anything that can be destroyed, I can see where you are. When you fall a tree, I even see which way are you going and then you can easy get destroyed. Not only you, I can get a free shot at anyone, who goes reckless through the battlefield and destroy environment. There's still the luck factor, cause an arty isn't very accurate.

Edited by gucha

The enemy doesn't have to see you. I often destroy enemy artillery with blindshot at start of the game. There are some spots, when you usually can hope to destroy an arty, because everyone is going there. Even more, when you are moving and you accidentally go through a fence or anything that can be destroyed, I can see where you are. When you fall a tree, I even see which way are you going and then you can easy get destroyed. Not only you, I can get a free shot at anyone, who goes reckless through the battlefield and destroy environment. There's still the luck factor, cause an arty isn't very accurate.

Yes, I know how to play as artillery; I thought I made that apparent in my previous posts, and it's my primary choice of tank which is why I don't do basic shit like that, and likewise probably why I'm almost always the MVP even in higher tier games.

Yes, I know how to play as artillery; I thought I made that apparent in my previous posts, and it's my primary choice of tank which is why I don't do basic shit like that, and likewise probably why I'm almost always the MVP even in higher tier games.

So you shouldn't be surprised, when you get destroyed out of nowhere, even when no one has spotted you. Even a mindless shot at spawn point can be deadly.

So you shouldn't be surprised, when you get destroyed out of nowhere, even when no one has spotted you. Even a mindless shot at spawn point can be deadly.

Indeed as an arty you need to learn the map and have an idea of where other tanks might go.....It is best to pay attention when playing as other tanks and take mental notes of where your going to get a good firing arc as a tank destroyer or a med/heavy tank.....Also note where others are parking their tanks as well.....

Also it depends on what tier the tanks are that are being used....I mean some arty tanks do not even have to move to be able to shoot the other side of the map so all they have to wait for is the aim circle to get small enough to get a clean hit.....It is also true that luck with that type of shot as well as timing plays a huge part as well.....

Did you even read my post? If I did something stupid which could alert the enemy to my presence, then no, I wouldn't be surprised. If I had remained at the spawn point then I'd be surprised if I didn't get hit, but to hit someone with such precision in such a large area on the first try by "luck" is really pushing it. There's a much higher chance of winning the lottery than to land a lucky shot like that, and at Tier VII, players are less likely to take pot shots at large open areas in the hopes of hitting a comparatively tiny target, and even splash damage from a miss several metres away wouldn't be enough to destroy a GwPanther, which is why I find it rather dubious that it was down to luck.

Did you even read my post? If I did something stupid which could alert the enemy to my presence, then no, I wouldn't be surprised. If I had remained at the spawn point then I'd be surprised if I didn't get hit, but to hit someone with such precision in such a large area on the first try by "luck" is really pushing it. There's a much higher chance of winning the lottery than to land a lucky shot like that, and at Tier VII, players are less likely to take pot shots at large open areas in the hopes of hitting a comparatively tiny target, and even splash damage from a miss several metres away wouldn't be enough to destroy a GwPanther, which is why I find it rather dubious that it was down to luck.

I'm at Tier VIII (almost IX now) and I still make shots just after my first shell loaded. It's a good habit if a spawn point is in an open area. With a bit of experience you should get a hit quite often (double hit sometimes).You're just being unlucky, that's all.

Also it depends on what tier the tanks are that are being used....I mean some arty tanks do not even have to move to be able to shoot the other side of the map so all they have to wait for is the aim circle to get small enough to get a clean hit.....It is also true that luck with that type of shot as well as timing plays a huge part as well.....

On G.W. Tiger, I can even withdraw to a backline or to a corner of a map and still my range allow me to hit everything, everywhere.

You're just being unlucky, that's all.

Well yes, there's that, to a level you won't believe (I ought to post images of some of the ridiculous things that happen). There are times, much like that El Halluf scenario, where I'm sure there's a bit of "stream sniping" going off.

And then there's the invisible building problem I mentioned before, where enemies can spot you from half way across the map, through terrain and buildings (literally half way across the map, so there's no way proximity sensors would kick in). I've had it myself where I've spotted enemies in that fashion, leaving me wondering how the hell I managed to spot them. This mostly occurs on Ensk.

On G.W. Tiger, I can even withdraw to a backline or to a corner of a map and still my range allow me to hit everything, everywhere.

IIRC, the Hummel (Tier VI) was the first in the German line that could be in one corner of the map and hit a target in the opposite (diagonal) corner. Looks like the range of the German Tier VIII is a bit shorter than that of the Tier VII, but have been considering upgrading since I just don't do enough damage fast enough in Tier IX games (nevertheless I usually do most of the damage anyway); have about 200k exp excess on my elite GwPanther.

Well yes, there's that, to a level you won't believe (I ought to post images of some of the ridiculous things that happen). There are times, much like that El Halluf scenario, where I'm sure there's a bit of "stream sniping" going off. [...]

On the other hand you've got all of the luck-based achievements already, so you're luck isn't that bad. I've got dozens of double hits with my artillery and still cannot get double kill.

If you don't have sixth-sense, there is a possibility that you have been detected but you were not notified. If the person who sees you is not in your field of vision, you will not get a notice. And if you're hanging out in Indirect Fire mode, you're probably not looking all around to make sure you haven't been spotted.

If this isn't the case, people are following your tracers. I've destroyed tanks before they were detected before because they fired off a round or two while I was Indirect Fire mode in their area. No visual confirmation, but if you're looking at the point of origin of a tracer round when it fires, it's pretty obvious.

If you don't have sixth-sense, there is a possibility that you have been detected but you were not notified. If the person who sees you is not in your field of vision, you will not get a notice. And if you're hanging out in Indirect Fire mode, you're probably not looking all around to make sure you haven't been spotted.

If this isn't the case, people are following your tracers. I've destroyed tanks before they were detected before because they fired off a round or two while I was Indirect Fire mode in their area. No visual confirmation, but if you're looking at the point of origin of a tracer round when it fires, it's pretty obvious.

Yeah you have to look out for stuff like that.

On the other hand you've got all of the luck-based achievements already, so you're luck isn't that bad. I've got dozens of double hits with my artillery and still cannot get double kill.

Well, that bombadier achievement is a bit of a bitch (I've also had a ton of double hits, and many times I've had two tanks near death right next to each other, only for my shot to either miss or simply be stuck reloading as I watch them move apart), but that's really the only luck based one; the others may be somewhat luck based, but you can significantly improve your odds by your choice of tank, depending on the achievement. The tank squashy one didn't require luck at all as that was done in the training mission (the old training mission, not sure if it can be done in the new one). Yeah, I suppose getting that bombardier achievement effectively twice is kinda lucky, but you know, luck has its ups and downs.

If you don't have sixth-sense, there is a possibility that you have been detected but you were not notified.

Yes, after 2,655 battles, I've worked that one out. And from the 288 missions I ran as a scout I also know you're not going to detect someone on the other side of the map right at the start of a match either.

If the person who sees you is not in your field of vision, you will not get a notice. And if you're hanging out in Indirect Fire mode, you're probably not looking all around to make sure you haven't been spotted.

That's why I flip into strategic mode regularly, hence why "sneaking" up on me never works, and usually ends up with me getting an easy kill. Those scouts do like to try it on, you know.

You can tell when people don't read what's been posted...

but a direct hit on the first try, without me ever having fired?

Unless you mean they're following my tracers... without me actually firing? That doesn't happen; the game doesn't work like that. And I always stay away from other tanks for that very reason as well, as they could draw accidental fire towards me. If someone decides to park their tank right next to me, I'd move. In the past there was a chance that I might just shoot them myself, but gone are the days where you can team kill (and let's face it, a scout camping at the back of the base is a little less than useless anyway).

Really, the only way I could've been hit at the start of a game is 1) being incredibly unlucky by enemy artillery winning the lottery, or 2) being incredibly unlucky by being in the same team as someone who thinks it's a fantastic idea to stream his game play and let everyone who's watching know where the rest of the team are.

Well, that bombadier achievement is a bit of a bitch (I've also had a ton of double hits, and many times I've had two tanks near death right next to each other, only for my shot to either miss or simply be stuck reloading as I watch them move apart), but that's really the only luck based one; the others may be somewhat luck based, but you can significantly improve your odds by your choice of tank, depending on the achievement. The tank squashy one didn't require luck at all as that was done in the training mission (the old training mission, not sure if it can be done in the new one). Yeah, I suppose getting that bombardier achievement effectively twice is kinda lucky, but you know, luck has its ups and downs.

Death From Above, Pascucci, Kamikaze, Bombardier, Don't scratch the paint.

These are more or less luck based. In every single one you have to be in a specific situation and still, you need some luck even if a situation seems perfect. You cannot do Death From Above in training mission anymore. There is no tank you can jump onto and it seems that they turned off getting achievements in training, I tried to do Kamikaze there, and it didn't pop.

Did the original poster get his problem fixed?

When I had problems with the game starting before I got into it someone suggested I use the WOT defrag option.

Restart and hold Left Bumper + Right Bumper + Y while pressing Start at the Press Start screen.

You should see some activity in the Launcher (Managing Layout, progress bars) instead of just immediately getting "Press A to Continue"

This will attempt to defragment the files on your harddrive, without having to re-download entirely.

Did the original poster get his problem fixed?

When I had problems with the game starting before I got into it someone suggested I use the WOT defrag option.

Restart and hold Left Bumper + Right Bumper + Y while pressing Start at the Press Start screen.

You should see some activity in the Launcher (Managing Layout, progress bars) instead of just immediately getting "Press A to Continue"

This will attempt to defragment the files on your harddrive, without having to re-download entirely.

I did, I just stopped following the thread since people seemed to hijack it :drunk

Deleting the game and the save files worked. The save files are backed up on the WoT servers.