Is it worth it?

Nyjets68

Eh. During the preview program, I used it for like an hour or two and that's only because friends wanted to record themselves doing stupid things.

There is nothing out there that would encourage me, personally, to purchase the device. You can use it for voice commands on Mass Effect 3, along with a few other "hardcore" games, but the majority of its games are childish and cater to children/families.

I've been recently looking into getting a kinect and the reviews I've read seem very back and forth and I don't want to waste money if I won't use it. So do you think it's worth getting or not really?

Welcome to the site, for future reference there is a search function that allows you to search for threads already created, as many have already asked the question "Is it worth it" In fact there was a thread on the first page with the same title and another one on page 2.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=339338

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=333112

• 3 weeks later...

I know they let you use it for ME3 now... being a mass effect fan it DOES tempt me. But I know I'm not going to use any of the features for it anyone, even with ME3... Because come on? Why would I talk to my squad when I can just press a directional button?

Depends if you like being active in your games. If you would have more fun jumping and ducking and punching etc..in your games then get Kinect. If you would rather sit and relax and have no interest in being physically active in your games then dont get it. Personally I love the kinect and im very happy I got it. It has some great fitness games and dance games that you will have a blast on while getting a decent workout.

Also girls like to play Dance games, my ex used to come over all the time when we were dating and play Dance Central, fun to watch. :woop:

Got rid of it once we broke up, but thats not the point.

I've been recently looking into getting a kinect and the reviews I've read seem very back and forth and I don't want to waste money if I won't use it. So do you think it's worth getting or not really?

I love my kinect, you may not play a game with it every time you turn on the xbox, but it works with Netflix and other apps. You don't have to use a controller and waste your batteries to switch to a new episode, just tell the xbox to play the next episode. But seriously the kinect is worth it, I was very skeptical myself, they even have some free games for it in the games section.

bought it about a year ago...dont use it that often but my daughter loves the kinect (kinectimals, adventures, Harry Potter, funlabs etc.)...so for me it was worth it...and with StarWars, ME3, Forza4 for Kinect it is going the right way....

• 2 weeks later...