Im still confused about this Something To Prove achievement!!

thenixhex311

So I've been reading through all these posts and threads about this achievement... some people saying that if you started on hard your farked, some saying that you should make a new save file, some saying you should start on easy, etc. etc. etc.

I'm not THAT far into the game, and im perfectly comfortable deleting my save and starting over (or putting in a memory stick if i have to)

can someone CLEARLY confirm what you have to do for this (if i already started doing some songs on easy, some on hard, etc.)

I dont know if it's just cuz it's late or I can't grasp what's going on with this achievement, but some clarification would ROCK!

thanks!

This is from a user ChrisD0811 on trueachievements.com which explains everything

For this achievement, you will need to get 100% on both sections in every song in Break It Down Mode. This means the first part where they make you play each move individually, as well as the recap which combines all moves. You do NOT need a diamond in the first part, as a green check works just as well. Basically at the end of the song, the total score must be 100%.

All songs can be done on easy, and the achievement WILL unlock. However, there is a weird piece to this. You must complete the 100% on the hardest difficulty that you have ever played a song on. When I got it, I tried easy on all songs before playing any other difficulty, with the exception of Drop It Like Its Hot, which I made the mistake of attempting on Hard at the very beginning. When I got 100% on everything on easy, the achievement did not pop. However, remembering that I had tried Drop It on Hard, I went and tried to see if it would pop upon getting the 100% on that song. As soon as I hit my 100%, on hard, the achievement popped.

So in short, play through this mode on easy, securing your 100% on each song, before attempting any other difficulty in this mode. You CAN play Perform It! mode on any difficulty you want and it will have no effect on this achievement, so don't panic if you've done that.

Lastly, I know that many of you have probably attempted this mode on hard for a number of songs. What I would recommend in this case is to either delete your save for Dance Central completely and start this mode from scratch, or (the better option as you won't lose your work) you could start a new save on a separate storage device. Then simply go through Break It Down on EASY for every song, get your 50g, and be done with it!!

Hope this helps, and I apologize for being so long-winded, but I wanted to be as clear as possible. Leave some feedback if you'd like, and be sure to vote positive if this helps.

I personally had to do break it down on Hard for all the songs i did hard in Perform it Mode which according to this guy has no effect. So the best way to attempt this is to first do Break it down at the highest difficulty that you have tried in Break it down mode if you dont get the achievement go back and do break it down on the highest difficulty you did in Perform It mode or do all the other achievemnts delete your save file then go do it all on easy

Edited by Shad0wTroop3r

• 4 weeks later...

How do you save to a USB stick within Dance Central???

I've got an 8gb USB stick plugged into the console and its been formatted and confirmed as compatible, but when loading up DC with the stick in, it doesn't give me the option to save to the USB as an alternate storage device (like other games do on startup) and there's no option in the DC options menu to choose an alternative storage either.

I've already got finished the other achievements so i'd prefer not to have to delete my save and lose all my scores etc in order to create a new profile, so if anyone can tell me how to save to a USB stick it would greatly appreciated. There's no way i'll be able to complete the "Something To Prove" achievement on Hard! :(

Put the USB stick when you start the Xbox.

Go to Console settings.

Memory > Games > Dance Central

There should be two files. Select the one subtitled "game save". Move this file to the thumb drive (don't copy it, just move it).

Remove the thumbstick once it's done processing. Start the game. It should have a clear memory now and take you straight to Poker Face on easy with no saves at all.

Do all Break it Down on easy, 100%. Once done, put the thumdrive back in. Move your save from USB memory to hard drive. Tell Xbox to overwrite. You're good to go.

Well i got my 1000 earlier tonight! :woop:

But now when i plug my USB back into the console in order to transfer back over my proper game save to my HDD, it asks me to configure the device to work for 360...WTF! i've already configured it AND transferred my game save onto it :mad:

When i plug the USB into a PC, its empty...if i go ahead and configure it on my console, it warns me that all data on it will be erased. Typical...any ideas what i can do to recover my 'proper' game save which has all my 5-stars?

...if i go ahead and configure it on my console, it warns me that all data on it will be erased. Typical...any ideas what i can do to recover my 'proper' game save which has all my 5-stars?

So i plugged it into the console again and this time when i went to "Memory" the save file appeared! :)

Quickly copied it back onto the HDD and now i've got 5-stars again!