Anyone else looking forward to this?

Floodclaw

I just found my copy of the first game which has been collecting dust for years. I remember playing it at a friends house way back when it first came out. Will probably start it up soon. :)

Anyway, if and when they release Prey II I hope it stays true to the first game. A lot of the stuff I've read about the second game sounds good but not very "Prey" like I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I re-play Prey every couple of years and I've just finished again, obviously why I'm here. It was never a big leagues kind of game, but it definitely had enough of a fan base that a second one would have sold well. But where they were going with the sequel... nope. That looked like something completely different, it still had 'aliens' but none of Domasi's heritage, I don't think Domasi was even in it (maybe a side character?), and where did the portals go?!

In the trailer for 2 it clearly shows they took out the things that made it Prey, and added elements that so many other games have (except those electric bolas were pretty cool). It looks like Mass Effect, Brink/Mirrors Edge, Borderlands, but not at all like Prey. I would have cancelled further development too.

Anyway, I just came to say I wish people were still talking about getting a decent Prey sequel or something Prey related. And I wish Bethesda was paying attention. They've finished Doom and all the other big titles, maybe it's time....:think:

• 1 year later...