I dont know why ??????

Can anyone please explain what I think is the biggest problem with this game,,,,,,,,, Why cant you get into the prone position???? Say what you want, but especially for the recon class, I'd have figured this to be an absolute neccessary thing to be able to do..

they took prone out due to it harboring campers, and a glitch in the battlefield engine known as the "Dolphin Dive" which allowed you to fire while prone and still move at normal run speed while jumping and remaining prone in the air.

Just think of a more ridiculous overly exploited version of MW2 fag drop shot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5nmPOGRo4o&feature=related]YouTube- BF2 Dolphin Dive - ages ago[/ame]

Imagine trying to shoot that

Edited by Hot Juicy Pie

I agree I would love to see a prone postion but im sure there is a valid reason?

imo it was cus of how ppl played recon in bf 2, youwere able to go prone but it was very difficult to see a prone sniper or even hit 1 for that matter. hence why it was taken out to speed up the game and keep it flowing.

I used to know it as worm glitching. You could also knee slide, that was where you could slide across the ground while crouching. Back in BF2 you could also do a glitch that lagged out the game and made the server crash at will. And you could do what's called a quick switch, which helped on bolt-action snipers. You basically switched to your pistol and back to your sniper after you shot and it eliminated the animation of you character working the bolt. If you did it fast enough you could shoot very fast with the a bolt action, almost full auto. But thank god they dealt with all those issues, I think it's for the better.

Edited by xD12xSTicKNasTY

ok, but, isint that the point of sniping, to be as small profile a target, well hidden, minimum exposed as possible? As a former USMC sniper, thats how we were trianed anyway.

did you also regain your health when you were shot and respawn when you got killed? it's a game, it's supposed to be fun.war's not fun.

also,what's up with the people on this forum joining the army.it's like everyone here's in the fucking army:p

anywho,if prone was in could you imagine trying to find someone? near impossible.be great for hide and seek though.

they took prone out due to it harboring campers, and a glitch in the battlefield engine known as the "Dolphin Dive" which allowed you to fire while prone and still move at normal run speed while jumping and remaining prone in the air.

YouTube- BF2 Dolphin Dive - ages ago

Back in the good old days of Battlefiled 2. They fixed this pretty fast though on the PC. Instead of making you unable to go prone, they made it so your gun temporarily went to your side while jumping or going prone. This made it impossible to shoot while dolphin diving. You are right though, that is most likely why they left out the ability to prone but still there are better ways to eliminate dolphin diving. For example, jumping greatly reduces the speed at which you are running. There are SOOOOOOO many campers in this game, more than MW2 and I have played both games quite a bit so I dont know why you all think prone ability=mass camping. Every other game has prone, and they play just fine. I want prone for one reason - half of the cover in this game isnt tall enough to cover your head. Im tired of getting my scalp shot off because I cant laydown in a damn military shooter. They need to add DLC where you go to bootcamp and crawl on your belly under some barbed wire to learn how to lay the fuck down when bullets start flying.

Edited by M49907

Prone makes it even easier to hide, and almost all cover in the game exists only to give you a few seconds' respite against an attack, because it can easily be destroyed as well as the person hiding behind it. Recons could easily hide in grassy areas unseen because they look like a patch of grass. I'm sure you would think prone was awesome when whole teams started sniping from miscellaneous trees and bushes because you can barely see them normally when prone, let alone camoflaged.

Lol that's hilarious :p I used to play BF2 quite a lot and never saw that though...