Rage Levels

IDiivil

So now that the midnight release for Dark Souls has wrapped up and I've had some gaming underway, I've realized one major thing about the Dark Souls game-

IT. IS. RAGE. INDUCING.

I'm not a person to break things, but I do get angry. There were some people at the midnight release who were buying spare controllers just to play this game, though, knowing they'd break at least one while playing.

So my question -

What's your worst rage level yet during this whole endeavor of Dark Souls? :3

No rage yet really, just take your time and be patient when you explore/fight and it will seem a lot easier. Worst thing that happened was I went to jump on the head of a certain boss from above - while in the air he randomly raises his arms for one of his animations which makes me land over an edge. Awesome.

I'm hoping this induces rage on the level as I Wanna Be The Guy. Sure it might get loud and violent for a good length of time but there has never been a bigger sense of accomplishment than beating that game on Hard.

Until now, maybe.

This should only be rage inducing as that if you play it incorrectly or ...suck :p heheh

Edited by Echilion

Yeap, I'm done. I can't get out of the first area. I love the lack of information in the instruction booklet; they need to stop putting those in there when they don't have any useful information.

OMFG, **** you souls for clearly pointing out the wrong way to go at the beginning. Finally found the path you're supposed to take. I don't know if I'm supposed to feel good that I made it into the cave on the bottom path or not.

This game is so easy now.

Edited by locoloco

Yeap, I'm done. I can't get out of the first area. I love the lack of information in the instruction booklet; they need to stop putting those in there when they don't have any useful information.

OMFG, **** you souls for clearly pointing out the wrong way to go at the beginning. Finally found the path you're supposed to take. I don't know if I'm supposed to feel good that I made it into the cave on the bottom path or not.

This game is so easy now.

Well, part of the game style of Dark Souls is that if you keep dying in one area, try to find an alternative path.

Well, part of the game style of Dark Souls is that if you keep dying in one area, try to find an alternative path.

Or at least figuring out why you died and how to avoid it next time. I'm mostly killed by enemies that I haven't encountered before and don't know how to take them on. A couple of fights with them and I master taking them down. Those damn boar creatures were ruining me at first and now they're just a tiny bump in the road.

So far it hasnt been too hard. You do need to grind some soul levels and have a good weapon. Go to my thread about beating the tarus boss easily and you will get a character that can one shot most enemies. As for the skeletons? Are you talking about the ones in the graveyard? Those are at a much higher level and your not supposed to really be there yet. run past them and grab the shield, sword and spear. Grind your levels to use that equipment and then you will have a decent character for a while.

The sword is awesome. It required level 24 STR and level 10 DEX. Easily grindable in the area I mention in the other thread.

Honestly, I purchased this game on the ps3 for two reasons: it looks better and I played the original on the ps3. I find it kind of funny that this game is harder to the first and they just throw it to the 360 players who have no idea what's coming. on subject, I have raged quite a few times because my dad sits there and mocks me as I die and calls me "scrub" FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The damn tutorial,I still haven't beat that asshole demon...

Run through the door on the left, it will lock behind you. Go through more of the tutorial and you will get a proper weapon and a shield. towards the end of the tutorial you will get a chance to go through the door in front of him again or continue up and to the right, circle around to start the fight on a balcony. Wait til he looks up at you and drop toward his face with the attack button to stab him in the face take A LOT of damage. If your a pyromancer use your fireball on him. If your a another kind of character hopefully you picked up fire bombs.

Right, but it looks like the developers purposefully hid the correct path. I didn't see it when glancing around due to how the game renders objects far away. After discovering that debacle, the game is pretty straightforward; seems like your average dungeon crawl.

I grew up playing Rogue-like games; in comparison, the game goes too easy on players when they die. If they're going to claim it's this hard, they should give your character a 3 life limit before they delete it.

Or at least figuring out why you died and how to avoid it next time. I'm mostly killed by enemies that I haven't encountered before and don't know how to take them on. A couple of fights with them and I master taking them down. Those damn boar creatures were ruining me at first and now they're just a tiny bump in the road.

Not always possible. Even if I learn that the stairs I get stuck on are buggy as hell, that doesn't mean that I can prevent myself from getting stuck on a particular step. A lot of my deaths have been due to Havok wonkiness. I've noticed that the roll action sometimes double fires, which has gotten me killed a few times.

So far the bosses are "find a place to plunge attack from". Not too hard. The basic enemies often are harder than the bosses; they tend to be more cheap.

I haven't had any rage moments yet, but i'm just at the dragon. I've had several wtf moments, my favorite being jumped on super mario style and falling off a ledge as a result.

If only you could have had it recorded and added the sound in :(

I'd say my worst moment so far is misclicking an attack button on an NPC and getting my ass handed to me. I really hope NPCs de-aggro, or else I might be in trouble later on down the line :(

But yeah, I found myself going OH FUCK when I hit the right bumper rather than my remapped right button... being tired and using a Razer Onza controller can fuck you over, I guess.

If only you could have had it recorded and added the sound in :(

I'd say my worst moment so far is misclicking an attack button on an NPC and getting my ass handed to me. I really hope NPCs de-aggro, or else I might be in trouble later on down the line :(

But yeah, I found myself going OH FUCK when I hit the right bumper rather than my remapped right button... being tired and using a Razer Onza controller can fuck you over, I guess.

that's EXACTLY what I did when I saw the first merchant, he was like " HAI THAR-" as my blade intered his neck and I was like "woops" assuming he would de-aggro like in demons' souls, apparently not, I killed his ass and got a rare weapon though, I'll have to wait to buy a bow and some arrows to take down the dragon :c

I've noticed that the roll action sometimes double fires, which has gotten me killed a few times.

So far the bosses are "find a place to plunge attack from". Not too hard. The basic enemies often are harder than the bosses; they tend to be more cheap.

Yeah, you can't prevent the glitchy stuff getting you killed. Especially when the buttons doublefire. Countless times I've died because I would push RB twice for swift hits and my guy swings twice and starts kicking the air.

On a side note: how do you work work the jump attack and kick. I know its LS and RB or RT, but my guy will only use it at random when I never want it.

The bosses do have the Zelda vibe going. Watch the pattern, attack a few times, retreat and redo. I guess that what gives it the old school feeling.

Yeah, you can't prevent the glitchy stuff getting you killed. Especially when the buttons doublefire. Countless times I've died because I would push RB twice for swift hits and my guy swings twice and starts kicking the air.

On a side note: how do you work work the jump attack and kick. I know its LS and RB or RT, but my guy will only use it at random when I never want it.

The bosses do have the Zelda vibe going. Watch the pattern, attack a few times, retreat and redo. I guess that what gives it the old school feeling.

actually, you press forward and right trigger at the exact same time in order to jump attack and forward and right bumper at the exact same time to kick.

as for the double fire... I hate it, I always die when that happens, specially when I'm spamming the roll button and I end up rolling back into the line of fire because I hit it one to many times. :c