PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Guides, Awards and Submissions > Site Awards Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #661
bplayak
Maximum Club's King & Super Mod

bplayak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Staff - Super Moderator   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - bplayak   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare Bum Cheeks View Post
I thought that it would be kind of cool to have a tier based system for App compeltions? Sort of the way the subscriber awards work, yet for App completions. It will give people more motivation to complete apps, and believe it or not, most of these apps are pretty difficult completions.
Those are kind of included with our xbox one awards. Any app completion counts towards the xbox one club awards

Creech's workhorse!
Feel free to Follow me on Xbox One!
Follow me on Twitter!
bplayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:51 AM   #662
Bare Bum Cheeks
DGN's Baby Daddy

Bare Bum Cheeks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplayak View Post
Those are kind of included with our xbox one awards. Any app completion counts towards the xbox one club awards
Yeah, I guess I didn't really take that into consideration.

This here is a short film that I made: http://vimeo.com/86127626
Completed Games: (45)
Achievements Percentage: (75%)

Bare Bum Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #663
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
I hate the name of that club. 'Thought' and 'Planning' is redundant in that context. It should be called 'Thought, Precision and Execution' or something like that.
There actually is a historical context to the name of that club. The first major player in the leaderboard arena for Xbox achievements and gamerscore was mygamercard.net. I had the opportunity to have a few beers with Morgon (the founder) at one point, and probably 90-95% of all the gamercards on this forum were from his site.

Morgon closed down MGC a few years ago for economic reasons, but there is no doubt that he had a major impact on a lot of gamers and forums over the years with his heavy involvement in the community, the anti-cheating activists, etc. He had a strategy leaderboard that was sub-titled, "Thought, Precision and Planning", of which I happened to be the #1 gamertag for the last four years or so of the existence of MGC. When bplayak asked me to come up with the content of a strategy club, I chose that name as my personal little tribute to MGC and Morgon.

This may not remove what you feel is redundancy, but perhaps it will let you move past the hate and instead respect that there is a tribute being paid to a notable figure in early achievement history.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by Creech; 03-06-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:38 AM   #664
Bare Bum Cheeks
DGN's Baby Daddy

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Are Xbox One games ever going to be included in the Overachiever + Arcade Crazy list? Will there be a separate list for Xbox One games, or is everything just going to stay the same?

Old 03-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #665
Corrupt.
GT Lead/Mod/Lobster

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 49 (more» ...)
I think it was mentioned before, Overachiver is 360 only, and Arcade Crazy is XBLA only. Perhaps towards the end of the life cycle of the One, a list would be made. If we did one now, it would have to be continually updated as the other two list reflect some of the best games for the 360, and we would want the same for the One.

"Friends, help. A guinea-pig tricked me” - Dr John Zoidberg
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:28 PM   #666
Floyd.

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Staff Club - troy0891   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber Clubs Baron   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt. View Post
I think it was mentioned before, Overachiver is 360 only, and Arcade Crazy is XBLA only. Perhaps towards the end of the life cycle of the One, a list would be made. If we did one now, it would have to be continually updated as the other two list reflect some of the best games for the 360, and we would want the same for the One.
lol, and some of the worst

Floyd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #667
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
I like Scotty's club up there. Really cool idea, man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd. View Post
I think we need to create a new award for Bigg, specifically regarding his Halo MCC guide. It's over 30 pages long and it uses all of them for actual content!
Quote:
Whoops, haha, yes, I meant posts. Isn't A+ Thread specifically for non-guide posts? Pretty sure it says that in the description. And it was more a playful suggestion than anything...
I only now just saw this. Thanks for the consideration Floyd, but I already have the A+ Thread award for an in-depth Halo 4 walkthrough I made, so I wouldn't get another A+ award anyways

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
~ HARLEY IS LOVE, HARLEY IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:34 AM   #668
Slaughter.
A Necessary Evil

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shinobi273   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 2   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I personally think there should be awards for simply completing a certain number of games. I think those would give people more of an incentive to go for that true 100% rather than just the original 1000.

Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:36 AM   #669
Corrupt.
GT Lead/Mod/Lobster

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 49 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter. View Post
I personally think there should be awards for simply completing a certain number of games. I think those would give people more of an incentive to go for that true 100% rather than just the original 1000.
That is something that has been talked about in the past, but I think going forward, the way that the Xbox One Clubs are done do the same sort of thing, but mix it up a bit.

Not that I would be averse to that suggestion, I have a few completions here and there

"Friends, help. A guinea-pig tricked me” - Dr John Zoidberg
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #670
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Quote:
As Corrupt mentioned, the Xbox One Max Clubs already pretty much do that.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #671
Floyd.

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Staff Club - troy0891   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber Clubs Baron   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Representer
Quote:
This is already done with the Max Clubs, it's just hard as hell to get an award. 1pt for a completed game just because I was sixth or later to complete it on the site? And the FIRST award needs 100pts? That's balls. Extreme, in your face, insulting balls. Even though I'm a casual completer, I will never have that award.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #672
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
This is already done with the Max Clubs, it's just hard as hell to get an award. 1pt for a completed game just because I was sixth or later to complete it on the site? And the FIRST award needs 100pts? That's balls. Extreme, in your face, insulting balls. Even though I'm a casual completer, I will never have that award.
While I like the idea, I have to agree. The requirements for each award seems way too high, and is pretty much unobtainable for people such as myself who don't buy games at launch and rush to be one of the first few to complete them. Of course it's going to get easier to obtain as more and more games come out, but assuming you're not one of the first few to complete each one then it's going to take 2000 completions (excluding DLC) to get the final award.

I know they're not meant to be easy to get (especially the highest award), but requiring a completion count higher than that of the world record holder is just insane.
Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #673
THE DEADLY DOG
Max'd Guiding Mod Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Micro Guide - Diamond   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Impossible Trinity - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Green Thumb - Bronze   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Well it's a good thing the website, and for that matter, real life does not revolve around awards. It's a good thing a person's image on this website and in this community is built off of their actions and their words in the forums instead of their award showcase.

About Me (XBA Interview) | Explore Max Clubs | Create the G&RMs of the Future | Ultimate XBA FAQ
Shutdown Server List | My Twitch

A great writer borrows from many sources to create their own work. A poor writer borrows from many sources and creates nothing original.
THE DEADLY DOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #674
Floyd.

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Well it's a good thing the website, and for that matter, real life does not revolve around awards. It's a good thing a person's image on this website and in this community is built off of their actions and their words in the forums instead of their award showcase.
Not my point at all, TDD, and you know it. Please don't redirect to make it sound like awards "don't matter" just because you don't want to talk about the qualifying factors of achieving one.

It's funny how this has been your response to award discussions multiple times recently.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #675
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't see how the system in place in absurd whatsoever. 100 points for the first award is more than reasonable. 150 points more for the second, still reasonable. 250 for the third, again, all reasonable increments.

It's not as if the MC Staff want to freely give out awards. People should work towards them if they really want them. There's plenty of games of different genres to get first or second in, and the fact that MC Staff count DLC for points as well is more than generous.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:02 PM   #676
THE DEADLY DOG
Max'd Guiding Mod Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Micro Guide - Diamond   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Impossible Trinity - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Green Thumb - Bronze   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post
While I like the idea, I have to agree. The requirements for each award seems way too high, and is pretty much unobtainable for people such as myself who don't buy games at launch and rush to be one of the first few to complete them. Of course it's going to get easier to obtain as more and more games come out, but assuming you're not one of the first few to complete each one then it's going to take 2000 completions (excluding DLC) to get the final award.

I know they're not meant to be easy to get (especially the highest award), but requiring a completion count higher than that of the world record holder is just insane.
Then those particular awards would not be something that you work toward just like Fighting Club, Japanese Club, or Windows Phone would be things I could never strive for. The idea is that if you do want to rise the ranks of the XB1 Max Clubs, here is a little incentive to stay at the top, to get the games earlier (like most people already do) and complete them. Here is a little boost to help you push through that game that is bogging you down, here is the motivation to finish that app off. Frankly, plenty of people have already participated and continue to, and on top of that the number of people dabbling their feet in the water has greatly increased as well.

Quote:
Not my point at all, TDD, and you know it. Please don't redirect to make it sound like awards "don't matter" just because you don't want to talk about the qualifying factors of achieving one.

It's funny how this has been your response to award discussions multiple times recently.
So what is your point then? It appears to me that you are once again calling something too hard on a website where getting an award get's you nothing. There is nothing insulting about our system whatsoever. You get the game early and you complete it then bravo, here are some points and you can rise up a little higher and achieve something great if that's how you want to spend your free time. If you don't have access to games right away, don't want to be constrained to trying to finish right away then don't take advantage of that aspect of the forums.

We are once again away from new award discussion though. If there is more discussion on new awards then let it be, but we will not beat the dead horse anymore. Not happy with my answers PM me, otherwise leave the discussion to new awards.

About Me (XBA Interview) | Explore Max Clubs | Create the G&RMs of the Future | Ultimate XBA FAQ
Shutdown Server List | My Twitch

A great writer borrows from many sources to create their own work. A poor writer borrows from many sources and creates nothing original.
THE DEADLY DOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #677
Slaughter.
A Necessary Evil

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shinobi273   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 2   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt. View Post
That is something that has been talked about in the past, but I think going forward, the way that the Xbox One Clubs are done do the same sort of thing, but mix it up a bit.

Not that I would be averse to that suggestion, I have a few completions here and there
I kind of meant you just complete the games in general. Being the first to complete it seems like way too much of a race and you'd have to a) be able to afford the games on day one (which I don't do all that often; maybe three times a year) and b) play non-stop for the first week of release with no guide or anything (not a requirement but that's just how it ends up being).

And the requirements are way too high. I say the minimum for tier 1 of the award should be 50, tier 2 at 100, and tier 3 at 150 or 200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post

I agree with this whole post. It's not obtainable for most people unless they are like Corrupt or TriRock, who have an absolutely insane amount of completions.

Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:19 PM   #678
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
And the requirements are way too high. I say the minimum for tier 1 of the award should be 50, tier 2 at 100, and tier 3 at 150 or 200.

I agree with this whole post. It's not obtainable for most people unless they are like Corrupt or TriRock, who have an absolutely insane amount of completions.
Neither TriRock or Corrupt. even have the first tier of the award, so how do they even factor in? The top 7 for the X1 points, as far as i know have no advantages, they don't get review copies or anything, but then you have Lavindathar and Cilisien at the top who are both British and thus get games later than those in the US but still have managed to get the top points. The spotlights aren't there for an easy grab for those advantaged enough to get the game completed first, rather they are a reward for earning it first and posting your sign up to the Max clubs.

The idea of the award is to last the lifetime of the Xbox One. When you consider that most games get DLC/Title Updates, plus Apps being a completion, even without a spotlight for anything the first tier at least is within reach of pretty much everyone.

Consider that so far without any spotlight positions you can currently achieve ~289 points. The X1 has only been out a year and a half, so with all the new potential games and their potential DLC, there will be plenty points for everyone to earn.

I think the point totals are perfectly fine and this is coming from a guy with 19!

EDIT: And this isn't directed at you Slaughter, it's just a general message to everyone who thinks the X1 award it too hard.

Max Clubs FAQs l Staff Clubs l Subscriber Clubs l Challenge/Franchise Clubs

NEED HELP DOING THE ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS ON TWO WORLDS II!!

Last edited by Scotty; 03-22-2015 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added '~'
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #679
Bare Bum Cheeks
DGN's Baby Daddy

I don't understand why people complain. We all signed up with no complaints for years on the 360 leaderboards and got nothing out of it. Now that they hand out awards for completions we can't just be grateful?

As for new award ideas, how about a skateboarding tier system? I know that adding new tier clubs for older games is not something you guys do, but out of all the clubs I never noticed a single one dedicated to skateboarding. I was thinking Tier One (Skate, Skate 2, Skate 3), Tier Two (Tony Hawk's Project 8, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, Tony Hawk Ride) Tier Three (Shaun White: Skateboarding, Endless Skater, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD).

Old 03-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #680
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
The idea of the award is to last the lifetime of the Xbox One.
This pretty much sums it up entirely.

Now let's move away from the discussion. Dog clearly pointed that this discussion isn't advancing the thread's purpose.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:44 PM   #681
Dirty130
Subscribing Member

DirtyI30's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
As a fellow 'casual completer', I have to disagree. In a handful of months I was able to get the award without focusing on completions at all. While others have amassed twice as much in the same timeframe.

Sorry if this is inappropriate after Dog said to drop it, but it's just my 2 cents. Delete if need be.

Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:03 PM   #682
TehJofus

TehJofus's Gamercard
Not sure if this is the right place, but I think a set of ID@Xbox tier awards/challenge club would be a pretty good idea. There are enough games out now that it'd be pretty easy to pick a set that progressively get more difficult.

Also, as someone who CONSTANTLY plays games later than everyone else, I'm fine with the Xbox One Maximum club scoring. I have 1pt on about 20 games, but with DLC and apps I'm up to about 60 points.