Very fun dlc, much better than YotS

If you've read about the Sleeping Dogs dlc, you know they're short. For the content in Nightmare in Northpoint, it fits much better being short. You get to see the game's sillier side whether it's having ghost passengers spawn in as you're driving or parked vehicles randomly exploding as you walk by.

I spent 20min+ at my first power source fighting Jiang Shi, not only to grind for Cursed Gold, but I was actually really enjoying the combat. Early on you also unlock the Shaolin Warrior Outfit (same from Martial Arts Pack) which increases melee damage and looks cool enough that, if I had this dlc before I did the main story, I'd have most definitely worn.

DLC missions aren't replayable but it's enough fun and short enough that I wouldn't mind starting a new game (especially if I still have my Shaolin Warrior Outfit unlocked).

Year of the Snake expands on the driving and shooting while Nightmare in Northpoint expands on the fighting where the game really shines. If you're reading Nightmare in Northpoint and think it's all bad reviews, there are a few of us that very much enjoyed it. :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Yeah its pretty silly and ridiculous but in a good way !

Started playing it today, fun and the achievements are not complicated as long as you had a look at the guide first, to make sure to kill 200 demon guys and kill the big ones with the sword.

EDIT : Haha just finished it, yeah pretty short but again very fun. Maybe 200 vampire dudes or whatever they call was a bit "overdue" as you do have to spent some time farming them but then again no big deal , the achievements where super simple and fun to do in general. I tough the big demon guys could be a pain but if you just drive around you will find many spot, pick the sword, kill the dude and thats it. Its not really "missable"

Now only Year of the Snake left

Edited by Destro