How do you kill a Maneater shark with a bow?

Sarsage

I've managed to distinguish the Maneater shark from the other Bull sharks but how am I supposed to kill it with a bow? It doesn't even come to the surface and even if it did I would have to have a really good shot to shoot 3-4 arrows into it's fin. Has anybody done this quest or does anybody have any ideas?

I have done it,as soon as i got the quest i just went to the coast where it asked me to go(i was up the hill a bit or on top of the rocky cliffs,but wasn't that far up from the water)used my view finder and shot it...i shot a few other sharks as well(there were about 4 there,one being the Shark i wanted)

one of the easiest ones if i were to be honest(sorry don't mean to sound like a twat perhaps i was lucky then)

EDIT:when it comes to the surface(where you can see it's fin),don't shoot for a moment,instead capture it through your viewfinder,that way you will be able to see the whole body of the shark when it does come to the surface....and then it's easier for you to aim for the head,takes 1-2 shots

Edited by metallicorphan

EDIT:when it comes to the surface(where you can see it's fin),don't shoot for a moment,instead capture it through your viewfinder,that way you will be able to see the whole body of the shark when it does come to the surface....and then it's easier for you to aim for the head,takes 1-2 shots

Thanks, I always forget to use the viewfinder when I'm hunting animals, I knew there would be an easier way than what I was trying to do.

also pop in one of these hunting boost things, so you will deal more damage to animals.

For me, i just took a boat which was where i got the bow (maybe it was just a random spawn?). then i drove to the place where all the sharks swim around and killed one after each other. and when the maneater shark was left, i marked it with my camera, used one hunting boost thing and killed it pretty quick.

Wasn't a big deal. I rather had a problem with the unique tapir, which ran around with the speed of usain bolt.

a

I rather had a problem with the unique tapir, which ran around with the speed of usain bolt.

That little fucker caused me problems too, they ALL seemed to have white bellies. Must've killed 10 or more before the correct one spawned, and then it was white all over its back, not just the belly!

In that area there is a little underwater temple filled with treasure chests. That sits just below the water. However you can climb on top of it.

The thing with the sharks is that unless you are in the water they will go between the surface and underwater and won't come that close to you.

So all I did was go on that little temple. Mark all nearby sharks. Jump in the water with my back to the wall. Wait until they started getting close then just turn around and climb out.

Then all the sharks are at the surface and close to you.

Also just in case people don't realise the bow you get on that mission the reticule is the two little red sticks that are above the arrow on it.

• 8 months later...