Defiance bitching Thread

MyRifleIsBroken

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since most games have this i figured we should have one too

Ok guys so WTF is with the weapon scaling, Im Ego Rating 500 and still using an LMG with Rating 119 as i found nothing better this includes the contents of a minimum of 8 tier 3 and 4 lockboxes

I'm not quite sure why some weapons dont even have an EGO rating attached to them? Secondly, it seems legendary weapons are extremely rare and I never remember looting one, BUT i have a legendary shotgun (EGO rating 104). Only thing I can think of is I came in 1st on the two minor arkfalls I did. Not sure if these ever award weapons though.

I'm not quite sure why some weapons dont even have an EGO rating attached to them? Secondly, it seems legendary weapons are extremely rare and I never remember looting one, BUT i have a legendary shotgun (EGO rating 104). Only thing I can think of is I came in 1st on the two minor arkfalls I did. Not sure if these ever award weapons though.

Firstly the ones without ratings are from some quest rewards, do you have the achievement for finding a legendary item? If not then it came from a lockbox as thats where mine came from and no achievement for me, must be properly looted

I second this, im ok with minor ones but major ones are just awful, i honestly dont see how they can fix this either as it purely down to there being too many people in 1 place shooting

It will get fixed, eventually. The game is 2 days old and Trion has done a good job so far of taking care of issues. I figure the game will be in proper working form within a week or two.

I have plenty of other things to hold me over until then. I just want to have a solid grasp on how to play an MMO before Dead Island Riptide is released; once that happens, my gaming time will be dedicated to that.

How do you know if it's a major arkfall? Is it the ones where there are five ark falls in one area? Cause I've done two of those and haven't gotten any rewards.

Yeah on the map you have a big red circle and five small arkfalls inside it. Once they are all complete i believe there is a final one which has the big red worm tower thing and once that one's complete you'll be rewarded and it will tell you what you got and your stats

Edit: I don't think you get an item like loot but you will gain a set amount of xp, script and so.

Ah. Thanks.

So, I'm having an issue with the quest Old Friends, Old (insert word I don't remember). It tells me to enter the guy's garage and whene I do nothing happens. Besides the lag, this is the only thing that stops me from continuing the game.

Ah. Thanks.

So, I'm having an issue with the quest Old Friends, Old (insert word I don't remember). It tells me to enter the guy's garage and whene I do nothing happens. Besides the lag, this is the only thing that stops me from continuing the game.

I've had several similar issues when doing a quests that required me to turn on some beacons and generators. The only thing that i noticed was it always happened when there was someone elso on the same quest but a fews steps ahead of me. Like i turned up to one beacon and there wasn't an enemy in sight and the game would not let me turn the beacon on until it had loaded in some enemies for me to kill. I had to leave the yellow area for them to spawn.

When this kind of thing happens i just fill out one of those feedback forms and hope someone reads it and deals with it the best they can.

I agree with Sir Ciety on the lack of place names on the map. It makes remembering where things/places are quite a skill at times, particularly for things like finding the data recorders.

My other bug bear is when the game forces you to go single player on a number of main missions and the episode missions. Why advertise as a MMO with 2 -10000+ players for co-op and then force you to split up?

I agree with Sir Ciety on the lack of place names on the map. It makes remembering where things/places are quite a skill at times, particularly for things like finding the data recorders.

My other bug bear is when the game forces you to go single player on a number of main missions and the episode missions. Why advertise as a MMO with 2 -10000+ players for co-op and then force you to split up?

This.... ^^^ Ive had to leave poor old Giltec along to fend for himself a few times as stupid quests make you go solo :-(

I imagine this is to stop people earlier in the game from playing missions they havn't already unlocked themselves

I don't like the collecting the recordings bullshit. In a world this big those things are damn near impossible to find. So that makes it almost impossible to finish the area-related pursuits until somebody comes out with a guide.

Oh and the lag.

I remember seeing a picture of the map during beta and someone marked all the locations of the recording. It's in one of the old threads.