Best place to catalog your game collection?

Never Final

There's literally nothing user-friendly like DVDaf. Unfortunately, that's just for DVD's. However, I've looked up different sites for games, CD's, etc. Nothing can compare.

However, DVDaf is pretty much like, rock-friendly. It's extremely easy to use, and I'm just lazy, but I've given it a pretty good search and never found anything I liked. That's just me though.

Im talking about ALL games that I own. Not just 360.

Raptr and playfire both do this, but I've never particularly liked the way they do it, and they also don't even have some older systems in their database, and you don't appear to be able to manually add them.

I would also be careful with playfire - there's been some sort of weird advertising thing where people silly enough to put their live account details into playfire have had messages sent to all friends on their friends lists telling them to go join up. Very dodgy... :p

There was another site I've seen someone using, but I forget what it was. I'll have a look and see if I can find it! ;)

EDIT:

OK as I'm interested in doing this myself, I've done a bit of research and found some possible things to try out.

1. Feeling Close - Looks to have a good database of games - searched and found as far back as Spectrum games, and also found Japanese Mega Drive games... However the whole thing is a bit ugly and seemed slow too (although that could of been my internet. Registration is free.

2. Catalogue Hero - Looks kind of good, not sure how good for games but it does support searching by barcode. Free registration, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

3. FlipShelf - This actually looks really promising. I haven't had time to sign up and explore, but there is a site tour demo and it looks pretty damn good. So long as your collection can be made publicly available to people who aren't signed up that is! Free registration or registration through Facebook available.

4. Listal - Not technically a catalogue service, but more a place to make lists. Could potentially be used to create your own lists of games you own. Free registration again.

5. GCstar - This one's a bit different. This is a program you download to your computer rather than an online catalogue. So you create your own personal catalogue. I've had a play with this tonight and it looks pretty decent. I know you wanted an online catalogue, so the reason I'm including this is that once you have added your games to your catalogue, you can export the list as HTML in one of several templates, and then obviously upload it to your own webhosting solution. A bit more technical know-how needed for that, but at least you don't have to worry about the website your using going down as it'd be on your own site. The software is free.

Hope that helps a bit. I'm going to play a bit more when I have time (maybe tomorrow night). Let me know if you discover anything good! ;)

Edited by [Waggly Bean]

Actually I ended up using IGN. They changed things on there and I added nearly ever single game I own. Only a few werent found (Gauntlet Legends for N64 and a couple imports). Took me and a friend about 2 hours to add the 200 games I put on there. I still gotta find all the digital downloads as well.

Take a look. http://people.ign.com/Kalscen/games

Im just glad the pictures of the playstation games are black label and not the greatest hits like it used to be on there. Also I can download an excel spreadsheet straight from the site.

;4803287']5. GCstar - This one's a bit different. This is a program you download to your computer rather than an online catalogue. So you create your own personal catalogue. I've had a play with this tonight and it looks pretty decent. I know you wanted an online catalogue' date=' so the reason I'm including this is that once you have added your games to your catalogue, you can export the list as HTML in one of several templates, and then obviously upload it to your own webhosting solution. A bit more technical know-how needed for that, but at least you don't have to worry about the website your using going down as it'd be on your own site. The software is free. [/quote']

+1 for GCStar. I've been using it for a few months for games, movies, books and CDs and I love it. Pretty easy to use, sometimes takes a little while to find what you want if it's an obscure game or whatever, but you can normally find stuff pretty easy. Looks pretty good to, has a shelf on the left side where it puts boxart for your games or whatever, which looks kinda cool.

How about cheapassgamer? They should cover all games, not so sure about the really old ones though. They will also allow you to trade games with other members, free to join.

I've gotten some playfire messages, checked it out on my computer, but never signed up... seemed a little fishy to me, too!