PROFESSIONAL FROM THE GET GO. Not getting until the 4th (payday)

kriskross001

Replace the word "tension" with frustration. Trust me, you'll see..

i will need to wait too see as alot off people have completed it on pro so dont seem like a challenge so count down til i play and til i kill and die many many times , hardest game for me to date is still ninja gaiden 2 lol thats tearful right now

Once I get it on the 2nd I'll be starting it on pro right away. Surely it won't be that bad, especially if my partner will be playing on casual or normal. I've beaten the other Resident Evil titles on their hardest difficulties without too much trouble. Anyone have any tips on which skills to get first though?

Breakout, Defence and Gun Power.

Replace the word "tension" with frustration. Trust me, you'll see..

i will need to wait too see as alot off people have completed it on pro so dont seem like a challenge so count down til i play and til i kill and die many many times , hardest game for me to date is still ninja gaiden 2 lol thats tearful right now

I wish you the best of luck. You will die alot but the game checkpoints you often so maybe it won't be that bad. Some of the running parts will piss you off.. I will be doing it on New Game+ cuz I'm just not hardcore enough.

I have no idea what Leon's final boss is, but i read so many people talk about how bad it is that it's kinda making me nervous. i guess i will find out soon enough.

That boss reminded me of Lost Planet 2 tbh, you'll see what I mean ^_^;

Good luck to the OP doing Pro though, Chris's Chapter 5 was hard for me even on Normal!

I've just completed Ada's campaign on Pro and the scaling of damage is quite different to RE5. You don't die nearly as quickly, it takes around 4 hits to die, although I can't shed light on that properly as I had level 3 Defence on.

I figure Level 3 Defence would be needed.. I have it at 3 and Gun Power at 2.

I have no idea what Leon's final boss is, but i read so many people talk about how bad it is that it's kinda making me nervous. i guess i will find out soon enough.

It's a bit silly but I think on second playthrough it will be more enjoyable. I wouldn't call it good but not bad either.

He fights a transformer lol

In some ways, it is.

I'm getting my ass kicked on normal. Best of luck to you.

Glad I'm not the only one. I've been playing these since the first but this is kicking my ass to the point I can't enjoy it. Two hits on normal and I'm dead. Healing items do jack shit and there's like 2 herbs per chapter if you're lucky. Top it off with 7000 enemies all trying to rip your throat out and it's an exercise in frustration. Sigh, Resident Evil, what happened to you....

My first tip would be not to start on Professional. It's far too hard until you at least have the first Firearm and Defense Upgrades. Those are the most important abilities by far. I didn't find Melee nearly as useful as Firearms. The Zombie Hunter and Javo killer ones are also worth investing in. They stack with Firearms. If you are playing single player, it's also worth getting Team Player and Field Medic. Team Player increases your partner's attack power and Field Medic means you get a health tablet given to you automatically by your partner when you're dying. This might not sound like much, but it makes a huge difference. It gives you back one square of health. Without it, when you get rescued and have no health items, any hit from anything will kill you. Also your melee power is drastically reduced and you move more slowly when you are down to less than 10% health.

I personally did Leon Normal first, Chris Pro, Jake Pro, Ada Pro then Leon Pro. I think Ada's campaign is the hardest, then Leon's, then Chris, then Jake. There are certainly some tough parts on Professional in each campaign though. I didn't find Pro on RE6 as hard as Dark on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings though. That was hell. :p

Edited by Rascalov

Leon's final boss is ridiculous on Professional (or just ridiculous period). It doesn't help that he won't grab the shock rod no matter what I do. If there aren't any zombies to grab he'll just wait until there are every single time. So I figured I'll just shoot off as many arms as I can, and that doesn't work for me either. Oh well..I'll try again later. The rest of professional is easy for Leon.

If you play single player just get the field medic skill and your life will only depend on whether or not Helena can restore you from dying status.

Yeah that's exactly what made RE6 so easy on Professional difficulty compared to the other games. On Lv. 2 your partner will give you 2-4 blocks of health so in other words you can't die much or at all.