DW vets, can you remember a quote??

o0EVIL0o x360a

I was playing YTR yesterday and I was reminiscing about my past experiences with the Yellow Turbans. On I think it was DW4 there was a castle with running water through it (!?!?!) and He Jin (your commander) would go inside and wait there. Then he would say something corny and get ambused immediately after that. Does anyone remember what it was that he said there??

I was playing YTR yesterday and I was reminiscing about my past experiences with the Yellow Turbans. On I think it was DW4 there was a castle with running water through it (!?!?!) and He Jin (your commander) would go inside and wait there. Then he would say something corny and get ambused immediately after that. Does anyone remember what it was that he said there??

I know what you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure it was DW3, not 4. I could be entirely wrong, but I remember the castle more or less in the middle of the map, and I'd always run up the West side of it killing all the generals before jumping into the water by the northwest corner of the castle and then entering the castle to clear the enemy generals out. Can't remember what he said though--I wonder if my buddy still has that game on the PS2 so I could play it and find out :)

You could be right about it being DW3, but there have been so many. lol I've played them all, and I just love the corny lines from the games. I really wish I could remember this one cause I used to repeat it all the time when I played but the phrase escapes me at the moment.

EDIT: I remember what the second line of the quote was. "I TOO shall join the battle!!" <get's amushed... commander is struggling assist at once!> lol

EDIT 2: I remembered it!!

"So they summon a rainstorm with thier magic... what of it?? I TOO shall join the battle!!"

Yellow Turbans rock.

The dialogue on some of those older games used to really crack me up. It's much better translated now, but I heard something today that gave me a good laugh while playing Zhao Yun's musou. As Lei Bei is struggling over his vision and trying to decide if he wants to continue fighting and whatnot, Zhou Yun reassures him with "being a leader is hard AND difficult."

Maybe I'm just easily amused, but I lol'd.

I'm with you man.

Go through Gan Ning's musuo and watch his interaction with Lu Meng. Pure comedy especially at the end. lol

I played halfway through it tonight and am already laughing.

Gan Ning: "I'll do whatever you say old man"

Lu Meng: "I warned you about that you insolent pirate!" *slap* :chair

LMFAO!!!! I played DW4 for HOURS, and this was the level I always did because it's easy to start out a character on, there are a lot of officers to kill, and there was the Life +10 and the Musou +10. That line made me laugh every single time...

"So they summon a rainstorm with their magic...what of it??"

"I too shall join the battle!!!"

Then BAM!!! Ambush!

2 minutes later, your leader=DEAD.

• 1 month later...
"Can anyone provide me with a decent challenge?"

Such a shame that in DW6 there are plenty that can my old friend Lu Bu :-(

Get 1000 kills with Lu Bu, I like his quote there. You'll most likely be getting a lot of kills while you do Chaos mode cause you have to babysit your commander a lot. (on stages where you have to eliminate all enemy units)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

i loved the quotes with sun jian in dw4 and 5 think when your wu and ur hunting jing forget who it is think but hes like "why do u disturb jing?" only fools wage war so trivially?" lol to sun jian when hes hunting along the jiang dong thats my favorite besdies huang zhong calling people "impudent whelps" lmao

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...