factory zero achievement glitched?

41inuyasha

People have been saying in the achievement-guides section that merely picking up a weapon can void the achievement.

so as a precaution, this playthrough I am NOT

picking up a single weapon, grenade or mine.

not using ANY lethal takedowns (the elbowknives could potentially be considered 'weapons' after all).

and just to be on the safe side, I did not throw any of the guards overboard.

I can confirm that picking up a weapon does not void the achievement as I carried an SMG with me so I could get 'All of the Above' in the same playthrough.

Did you upgrade any augmentations? Using praxis points is apparently the same as using praxis kits. You have to go through the DLC without upgrading at all, which means you are limited to level 1 hacks and single takedowns.

I only ever used non-lethal takedowns, so I'm not sure if lethal takedowns will void the achievement. I'm 99% sure it wouldn't though, because I presume it means guns. There isn't ever really a need to use lethal takedowns, so I'd stick to non-lethal to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps :)

I just finished the dlc for the second time (first was just a natural playthrough, 2nd was cheevo hunting) and I KNOW I only fired one shot (for all of the above), then reloaded my save, never used any mine or grenade and never upgraded anything without reloading a save after getting whatever cheevo I needed the upgrade for.

It appears I'm going to need to try it one more time... :(

Edit-Just finished the 3rd run through. Only difference on these saves was that I didn't even disarm any mines. I avoided them. Not sure if that was the deciding factor or if the achievement is just glitchy.

Edited by troy0891
Updating post with new information

i popped this factory zero on first playthrough

i did not pick up any guns, no ammo, no praxis kits,

i did pick up /use loads of beer,hypostim, cyberenergy (single and mulitple cell regen) and painkillers

i set off numerous alarms and hostile status

i only used non lethal takedowns and explored as much as possible for pocket secretaries,

i also got the good samaritan, (power cell for status pod) and the standard completion of dlc

Wouldn't fire for me on my first run through. On the hardest setting I did the following:

• I did carry a gun (9mm pistol), but didn't use it, except on 'All of the Above' (and I reloaded afterward).
  • I did use energy recharge items, but no health items.
  • I did use hacking aids (stop worms mainly) on the few things that needed hacking. No upgrades off course, so level one only.
  • No alarms set off and no hostile status until the final showdown (which I don't think can be avoided anyway).
  • All takedowns were non-lethal including Burke. I did take down nearly everyone that could be done though but they were all alive after it.
  • I didn't use any Praxis points / kits (or even pick any up).
  • I did use reloads to get the other achievements.

Somewhat annoying since I just spent six hours doing it all. Going to need a second 'ham-strung' run through now (though it was a nice challenge). It would be nice though to know what exactly stopped it from working or if the thing is glitched in some way before I try again.

@crazy

on your reload from getting all the above did you still carry/ equip your gun ? if you equipped it that counts as using.

imo

following my lead will get it and have multiple saves through out the game that way you can go back for the cheevs after getting 'f zero'

i also used nuke virus's and still got it

to me it's simple no weapons, no praxis points used / picked up and no aug upgrade or selection /unlocked and use non lethal takedown (tap b)

job done

• 3 weeks later...

i was just sounding off after losing 4 hours of my life to vague instructions (and paying for the privilege). but no matter, i just want the right answer.

so that means the real thing voiding the achievement is using lethal takedowns, right? i'll replay it with knockouts only then.

i also assume, as there is no mention of it in the description, that difficulty level doesn't matter?

• 2 months later...

Just went through a playthrough and didn't have it unlock. From what I've read it's possible that I may have tripped a turret at some point but I'm certain that I didn't fail any of the other requirements for the achievement.

I wish there would be a notification stating that you failed the objectives of the achievement because that would make it a lot less painful than reaching the end and being disappointed.

Just went through a playthrough and didn't have it unlock. From what I've read it's possible that I may have tripped a turret at some point but I'm certain that I didn't fail any of the other requirements for the achievement.

I wish there would be a notification stating that you failed the objectives of the achievement because that would make it a lot less painful than reaching the end and being disappointed.

Especially for full game playthrough achievements. I completely agree.

I'm guessing that the stun gun is off limits as well?
if using augs for non-lethal takedowns voids the achievement - which it definitely does (caused me to play for a third time) - then this must do also.

you don't need it anyway. when you can't hide just run, save often so you can go back if you're at all unsure about cameras/turrets, and use YouTube for stealth tips.

Well, it just glitched for me too. I know for a fact that I didn't fire a single shot, didn't use a single Praxis kit and did not perform a single lethal takedown. I did pick up weapons (so I could sell them), but that was only because so many people have confirmed that you can pick em' up. I really wish I knew exactly what was causing this.

I didn't have a problem unlocking Foxiest or Pacifist during my first run through the main campaign so I definitely know how to follow achievement directions.

you didn't perform any lethal takedowns. so you performed non-lethal takedowns?

if that's the case then that's why it didn't pop. the achievement states "no weapons" and the built-in augs used for takedowns count as weapons if used at all.

i made the same mistake and got to play a third time as a result. it's annoying that the achievement couldn't be more specific but it is not glitched.

you didn't perform any lethal takedowns. so you performed non-lethal takedowns?

if that's the case then that's why it didn't pop. the achievement states "no weapons" and the built-in augs used for takedowns count as weapons if used at all.

i made the same mistake and got to play a third time as a result. it's annoying that the achievement couldn't be more specific but it is not glitched.

The initial stage one takedown does NOT count as a weapon. I don't know where you got that from but if it was true, then completing the DLC would be practically impossible. Like I said, I did not use any Praxis points, only what was unlocked from the start.

i didn't say you used any Praxis points. but from the start of the game you can - obviously - use non-lethal takedowns. if you do then you will void the achievement.

and it is possible to complete the DLC without them. i did it, and i'm not that good. that's where i "got it from". three playthroughs: one not worrying about achievements; one for Factory Zero - failed due to using non-lethal takedowns; another one for Factory Zero without any takedowns of any sort whatsoever. the third one unlocked the achievement. i used a video for the fastest methods, maybe that will help you do it without takedowns.

no point arguing about it. i know how frustrating it is putting in several hours and then it doesn't pop. i just want you to get the achievement! :)

i didn't say you used any Praxis points. but from the start of the game you can - obviously - use non-lethal takedowns. if you do then you will void the achievement.

and it is possible to complete the DLC without them. i did it, and i'm not that good. that's where i "got it from". three playthroughs: one not worrying about achievements; one for Factory Zero - failed due to using non-lethal takedowns; another one for Factory Zero without any takedowns of any sort whatsoever. the third one unlocked the achievement. i used a video for the fastest methods, maybe that will help you do it without takedowns.

no point arguing about it. i know how frustrating it is putting in several hours and then it doesn't pop. i just want you to get the achievement! :)

Well, you obviously haven't been reading anyone else's replies about this achievement here or in any other thread about it because you would see that tons of people have in fact not been voided from using regular takedowns.

It doesn't matter anyway, I reloaded a save that was a couple hours before the end and did the exact same thing I did the first time (including takedowns!) and it popped.

There is ONE thing I did differently....this time I didn't difuse any mines near the end and instead threw fire extinguishers past them to set them off. I have no idea if that made a difference or in fact, the achievement actually glitched the first time.

I got all my TML achievements in one playthrough, I seem to remember picking up guns when I found them and upgrading my augs when I aimed for sidequest achievements. But I always reloaded once I got it, by the time I got the "Apex Predator" achievement and finished the troops off with non-lethal takedowns (even going as far as deactivating the giant mech). I saved one last time and upgraded my CASIE aug, then got that achievement, reloaded and went to talk to Quinn again and it popped, if you're aiming to get them all in list order, you should unlock it before getting the "Never Stop Looking" achievement.