claymores are usless now

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your point that Claymores are practically useless.

I have never played the original Modern Warfare Game so I have no point of reference there. However, I did play COD:WAW for an entire year.

The similar land mine item, Bouncing Betty's in COD:WAW were great as around 80% of people equipped them regularly. They were much smaller than Claymores and were therefore harder for enemies to spot. Plus, you also got 2 of them to lay down each time you respawned.

In MW2 you get 1, very big and obvious Claymore mine. Also, when an enemy sets off the mine by walking over it, it seems to not be as effective at killing them as the Bouncing Betty's in COD:WAW were.

This step backwards in Land Mine technology makes no sense whatsoever as COD:WAW was obviously based well in the past and Modern Warfare is based around present warfare.

Maybe the next Modern Warfare game will just have a selection of bows & arrows to continue the trend. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

I have never played the original Modern Warfare Game so I have no point of reference there. However, I did play COD:WAW for an entire year.

The similar land mine item, Bouncing Betty's in COD:WAW were great as around 80% of people equipped them regularly. They were much smaller than Claymores and were therefore harder for enemies to spot. Plus, you also got 2 of them to lay down each time you respawned.

In MW2 you get 1, very big and obvious Claymore mine. Also, when an enemy sets off the mine by walking over it, it seems to not be as effective at killing them as the Bouncing Betty's in COD:WAW were.

This step backwards in Land Mine technology makes no sense whatsoever as COD:WAW was obviously based well in the past and Modern Warfare is based around present warfare.

Maybe the next Modern Warfare game will just have a selection of bows & arrows to continue the trend. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Claymores take skill to use, not just making sure it's not going to go off too early through a wall.

It fires a shotgun explosion, so aim the shotgun, man.

Whats even worse is SitRep is a perk specifically designed to help against claymores an no one uses them anymore. Leveling that has been a pain

I thought the same thing until my friends insisted we play HTDM to work on FMJ kills for the guns. You'd be surprised how many people depend on claymores in there. I've got SitRep on 4 out of my 5 classes and I shoot off about 10 claymores or more per game in there. Not to mention C4 and Tatical Ins. count for it as well.

I thought the same thing until my friends insisted we play HTDM to work on FMJ kills for the guns. You'd be surprised how many people depend on claymores in there. I've got SitRep on 4 out of my 5 classes and I shoot off about 10 claymores or more per game in there. Not to mention C4 and Tatical Ins. count for it as well.
Oh son of a bitch!

I've been working my balls off to get SitRep Pro and now I'm level 65 and only halfway there. And now you're telling me all I had to do was play Hardcore Deathmatch?

Fuck!

Oh son of a bitch!

I've been working my balls off to get SitRep Pro and now I'm level 65 and only halfway there. And now you're telling me all I had to do was play Hardcore Deathmatch?

Fuck!

I'm happy I found out about it when I did. I got all the way up to SitRep Pro V by doing Ground War. Once they told me about HTDM (and now even Hardcore HQ), I completed V. Going from V to VI means going from 300 to 750, so I have a long way to go. HTDM & H HQ will help speed things up.

I put them down and they never kill anyone, same thing happens in CoD4. Claymores should be more powerful. Period.

Danger close makes them deadly lethal. Also if you put them at a good distance then they can still kill a person even if they aren't too close to them. It's really useful in search and destroy because they stay around after you die and people aren't as careful.

Don't forget unlimited ammo too. You can switch to the same class over and over again and get ammo every time.

Scavenger works just as well too.... plus it's great for guns with the added magazines you can use to kill more people and then get more refills of claymore or flash grenades or whatever. One time in search and destroy i set up 4 claymores.

Just a little FYI, COD 5 and COD MW2 were developed by different companies.

There is no "step back" in technology. In real life bouncing betties were extremely dangerous to handle and were not nearly as effective in killing enemies as they are in the game.

I have no earthly idea what you guys are talking about. I'm absolutely in love with the claymore and have it equipped for every class I have set up. It's 50 / 50 when it comes to killing invaders, which for me is a step up from the luck I have with simtex and 100% above frags. Placement is the key. A lot of times if you have them off to the side of a door, while they made be fully hidden, the blast isn't going to kill the person unless you're lucky enough for them to run in and off to that side. Most times I cock the claymore at an angle right in front of the door so anyone who barrels right through that spot is going to get roasted and if they should see the mine in advance then I at least hear the mine going off and know what direction to look.

Not to mention Claymores plus Scavenger is like candy to me. Playing on Scrapyard a group of kids took me from Predator Missile to Chopper gunner without having to fire a shot because every time I would replant the mine, someone would charge into the backdoor of the building without paying attention. Even guys who had just gotten killed would rush back in and die. It was grand.

Edited by Flik Nightshade
I am Error

I use claymores all the time. I angle them so they have to be triggered after they walk into a room, blowing up behind them. Too many claymores set by others that I have seen are angled to line up with the door and can easily be avoided by stepping in and back out the door.

Just a little FYI, COD 5 and COD MW2 were developed by different companies.

There is no "step back" in technology. In real life bouncing betties were extremely dangerous to handle and were not nearly as effective in killing enemies as they are in the game.

Yes, you are correct Treyarch made COD:WAW and Infinity Ward made MW2.

My point was that the "Bouncing Betty Landmines" in COD:WAW, which is a game based during World War 2, are much more effective than the "Claymore Landmines" which are used in Modern Warfare 2 which is obviously based around current warfare.

Therefore these inconsistencies in the Landmine effectiveness in the latest 2 Call Of Duty Games, incorrectly give the impression of a step backwards in Landmine technology.

;)

Yes, you are correct Treyarch made COD:WAW and Infinity Ward made MW2.

My point was that the "Bouncing Betty Landmines" in COD:WAW, which is a game based during World War 2, are much more effective than the "Claymore Landmines" which are used in Modern Warfare 2 which is obviously based around current warfare.

Therefore these inconsistencies in the Landmine effectiveness in the latest 2 Call Of Duty Games, incorrectly give the impression of a step backwards in Landmine technology.

;)

I don't see how the Claymores aren't effective. They kill things that run past them.