Achievement Guide

Darth Odan

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got my 100% after a few days! Such an Awesome game! Completed my Insanity run through completing everything ready for number 2!

Exactly my option... finishing and redoing Mass Effect 1 to get 100% before I go to Mass Efect 2, since I did not remember a lot of the story... it´s been since 2010 since my last playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Terrific game so far, but I have a few questions that I'd like to be answered:

- What carries over? Do I get to keep my weapons, credits, weapon upgrades, paragon points?

- Do the UNC missions count towards the ally achievements?

- Do the Pinnacle Station missions count towards the ally achievements?

- Where is the point of no return? After traveling to Ilos?

Terrific game so far, but I have a few questions that I'd like to be answered:

- What carries over? Do I get to keep my weapons, credits, weapon upgrades, paragon points?

Weapons and credits I know transfer...not sure what else does though.

- Do the UNC missions count towards the ally achievements?

Yup.

- Do the Pinnacle Station missions count towards the ally achievements?

Not sure...but there are plenty of missions in the regular game to get the ally achievements.

- Where is the point of no return? After traveling to Ilos?

Once you tell Captain Anderson your ready to go to Ilos...you can't travel to other systems after that and you need to beat the game.

Hope that helps a little! :)

• 2 weeks later...
are there any missable achievements? like in Dragon Age Origins

Paramour, Charismatic, Scholar, Renegade, Paragon, Tactician, Completionist, and all the Ally achievements are missable.

- Paramour - Repeatedly talk to a squadmate of the opposite sex, especially after a main mission (Feros, Noveria, Virmire, and Artemis Tau Cluster).

- Charismatic - Raise either your Charm or Intimidate skill(s) to at least 8.

- Scholar - Talk to Captain Anderson on the Normandy about the Protheans before landing on Eden Prime. As Prothean is a missable codex entry, you'd have to start another playthrough to get the achievement.

- Renegade/Paragon - Spend two playthroughs dedicated to both Renegade and Paragon respectively. I advise that you complete as much side quests as possible to ensure that you get enough Renegade/Paragon points.

- Tactician - Self-explanatory. Make sure you take cover whenever your shields are depleted.

- Completionist/Ally - Ally achievements are relatively tricky. Since there's no counter or statistic that shows your progress with each character it's hard to tell when it will unlock. I recommend grabbing the two characters you plan on getting the achievements with and pick them for every main and side quest. Liara's will definitely be the hardest, too; her achievement unlocked at the final moment of the game.

Well I feel like an idiot. It took me 3/4 of my second playthrough (on hardcore) to discover that the mako has a cannon. This game just got about 10,000x easier now that I'm not constantly dying in the mako.

Yeah.. They should have given a a TuT on how to control the Mako the first time you get into one. I didn't know it could jump so everytime i got stuck i had to reload a save which was usually pretty far back.

Also, It's still going to be hard.. That Damn Mako can drop from orbit yet it can't survive a couple rockets on Hardcore or Insanity. I absolutely hate the Mako >.<

• 2 weeks later...
Well I feel like an idiot. It took me 3/4 of my second playthrough (on hardcore) to discover that the mako has a cannon. This game just got about 10,000x easier now that I'm not constantly dying in the mako.

Unbelievable. I just figured out you can sprint in this game too, after seeing a YT video. :mad:

Sometimes I get the PC and Xbox versions confused, but I was pretty sure Xbox gives you first use tutorials (including for the Mako) as long as you have it turned on in the settings menu?! This stuff is also described in detail in the users manual, of which Mass Effect is one of those games where it's actually helpful to read since it has a rather complex array of menus and controls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...