Why I should buy a Kinect?

vtardif

i havent decided if i am going to get on because really the only game i want for it is fable the journey but one game istnt enought for me to get one so if you know any other good titles that are going to be released please let me know

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, cant say we have.

We've only got a small room, so we don't have masses of space to move around, but as long as i'm the correct distance away, then it picks up all the movements fine.

I just make sure i move other objects out of the way first that could intefere with it scanning my body movements/images.

Do you know anyone that has one you could try? Or do you not have demo ones in game stores?

as long as youre ok with a little excercise, i say go for it! i have a felling we will be seeing a lot of impresive games and features in the near future. we have just only just begun to experience the versatility of the Kinect.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're unsure to buy one or not then look up some reviews for it. Listen to what they have to say and see if it fits your play style. If that's not enough to convince you whether or not to buy one, try going to a Best Buy or electronic store. They usually have Kinects out on display so you can play them.

And if you are thinking of buying a Kinect, I recommend checking out reviews of games for it as well. Good luck.

In a way I'm surprised so few games are still using it ... I can think of lots of features that could be used in shooters. Actually throwing grenades, actually crouching, standing up (although I draw the line at going prone!), things like that.

Or just go all out and make a gun accessory.

• 2 weeks later...

It alll depends on various factors for a kinect.

1. do you have enough rom to start with, nothing worse than having to move stuff just to play the thing.

2. will you use it enough, by this i mean do you like gaming by moving about and jumping etc if your more a sit back and relax its not worth the cash

I'm still on the fence, too. I feel like it has a lot of potential, but it still seems clunky, and the game selection just doesn't justify the price tag for me.

I'll be really excited to get one in a year or two when all the little kinks are worked out and a steady stream of good games are coming out for it.

well i bought a kinect a couple months ago cuz i was getting the xbox slim and was like ok whatever ill just buy the kinect bundle..since they always come out with something awesome for stuff like kinect.. andd it was fun i guess but i only played it for like a day and never played it again...anddd they still havent made anything awesome for kinect..i wish i could get my $150 back lol well great for kids though :)

• 3 weeks later...

Fruit Ninja is a great Kinect game - cheap too.

Also Kinect Adventures, Sports, Dance Central and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved are good games to get you up and break out a sweat while having fun. The kids love Kinectimals.

And there is hope for the future with lots of games like Star Wars and Fable...