Forza Horizon - Discount Signs / Barn Locations

NeedToAchieve

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How close do you have to get for the discount signs to pop up on the map?

I had a couple appear in Carson a fair distance from the road, like in the middle of a park or something, but I'm 100% on roads and still missing 19 signs and there are none on my map at all, so I think they must off the roads somewhere. As good as this resource here is, it's almost impossible to see a small gray dot on a mottled map so I have no idea if I have them and just can't see them or I just haven't gotten close enough for them to get mapped. Not sure if this achievement is worth 400 MSP, but I'm coming close to that point. I'm tired of driving to likely locations only to find I already have that sign.

Edit: 17, found two. I hate to use the maps, but I'm at the end of my rope. Just need to rethink how I'm looking at them to find likely locations

Edited by TwistedFate

How close do you have to get for the discount signs to pop up on the map?

I had a couple appear in Carson a fair distance from the road, like in the middle of a park or something, but I'm 100% on roads and still missing 19 signs and there are none on my map at all, so I think they must off the roads somewhere. As good as this resource here is, it's almost impossible to see a small gray dot on a mottled map so I have no idea if I have them and just can't see them or I just haven't gotten close enough for them to get mapped. Not sure if this achievement is worth 400 MSP, but I'm coming close to that point. I'm tired of driving to likely locations only to find I already have that sign.

Edit: 17, found two. I hate to use the maps, but I'm at the end of my rope. Just need to rethink how I'm looking at them to find likely locations

What i would suggest if you haven't already - Play online free roam to do those challenges - And have a break from the signs - The issue is down to the signs not appearing when your doing races but the roads unlock - It would have been better if the roads didnt unlock. At least then you know where you stand - North carson have a few in the warehouses - Beaumont have quite a few in small alleys etc - And the ones i point out in the video off of small dirt tracks - Try these locations first

What i would suggest if you haven't already - Play online free roam to do those challenges - And have a break from the signs - The issue is down to the signs not appearing when your doing races but the roads unlock - It would have been better if the roads didnt unlock. At least then you know where you stand - North carson have a few in the warehouses - Beaumont have quite a few in small alleys etc - And the ones i point out in the video off of small dirt tracks - Try these locations first

Satellite internet, can't do online gaming. I'm just playing the SP hoping I light a few up just from driving around. I've gotten all the ones from the map that I can see are off the road a bit.

If I haven't found them by the end of the game I'll consider buying the Treasure Map or find someone with a complete interactive map so I can check them off as I revisit sites., but since I can't get the online achieves anyway one less achievement isn't that big of a deal.

Satellite internet, can't do online gaming.

I feel your pain man. I was at my parents house after my father passed away earlier this year and they had satellite internet. Going from a 40 MBs internet connection at my wife and I's house to a 1.5 Mbs connection at my parent's house made me want to rip my hair out. The one time I tried to get online resulted in my xbox freezing up. :rant:

I feel your pain man. I was at my parents house after my father passed away earlier this year and they had satellite internet. Going from a 40 MBs internet connection at my wife and I's house to a 1.5 Mbs connection at my parent's house made me want to rip my hair out. The one time I tried to get online resulted in my xbox freezing up. :rant:

Yeah, I can connect to Live to keep my GT updated and get Title Updates, that's about it. Sometimes I can't even connect at all.

Crap! Beaumont screwed me. I just found most of them now, and one out in the open in South Carson. How I didn't see it I don't know. 8 to go.

I would love to know how to make the " google maps " type location guides - My new site will be done in a few weeks, i will look into how to make them - If anyone knows or can do them send me a message on here. Maybe there will be a cookie in it for you :)

Hey, I made this image out of the ones you put up. It just combines them all into one map. You can use it in the first post if you want. Unfortunately the top half is a little blurry for some reason.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/gundamwarrior2/ForzaHorizonBillboardMap.jpg

Edited by gw2

Thank-you gw2 for taking the time to make this - It looks really flurry though - I left it as 4 images as i thought it may be easier to do, as people can do the map in 4 chunks

For anyone reading this what i suggest, is to save my maps to your pc, and then open them up in paint or another graphics program. Then you can compare against your own map and cross them off in paint

Great job with the maps!

I'm misisng two signs that don't show up on my map and I have driven every road. I'm also missing two speed traps so they are likely in the same area. Is there a map for those so I can compare? This likely happened because I did the route during a race and forgot to go back. Thanks!

Finished the game done all races and only got 6/9 Barns. Am i doing something wrong?

Drive all over, get roads, discount signs, etc.... There are certain requirements that trigger them. I only know the last requirement (90% completion and drive through Beaumont), but be sure not to stay in one area, move all over the map.

Still need 2 myself.

I am still missing the last one too - No clue what to suggest :(

Check your game progress. If you are 90% complete, drive through Beaumont. I can't source where I read that, but I think it was IGN. But that is what I heard.

Thanks for maps, BTW, just got my last sign. It was one of the last 2 I had to check on the map. grrrrrr.

Check your game progress. If you are 90% complete, drive through Beaumont. I can't source where I read that, but I think it was IGN. But that is what I heard.

Thanks for maps, BTW, just got my last sign. It was one of the last 2 I had to check on the map. grrrrrr.

At least they are done now - I will look at my stats when i boot it up, but between Medal of Honor and Halo i don't have much time at the minute - I will get that last car soon though - Was really annoyed it wouldn't spawn

Thanks for this guide. I'm still waiting for the barn rumors to pop up on my map so I can find them myself but I was at 99 signs for about 5 hours. Last one was on the unmarked farm road in the middle of Gladstone and Bunker areas. I don't know how many times I drove past that in my Gumpert NEVER noticing that driveway.