Good Batman films/shows?

Silentfire89

Since playing Arkham Asylum and now Arkham City i've become a huge fan of the Batman universe and it's characters. I watched and loved Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and i'm after more Batman-related entertainment :p

However, i've read a lot of things like "the last 2 films and games really did Batman justice, it's about time", or words to that effect. I've also heard about how bad Batman & Robin (I think?) was, so can anyone recommend me some good Batman films or shows to watch? :)

Well I would recommend you watch all the Tim Burton/Joel Schmacher Batman films. You'd best not take them too seriously, but I enjoyed them. If you love Arnies one liners, then you'll cream yourself watching Batman & Robin. Animated wise you'll need to see Mask of the Phantasm, Under the Red Hood, Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero and Batman: Year One.

TLDR:

All of the Tim Burton films

Mask of the Phantasm

Under the Red Hood

Batman & Freeze: Sub-Zero

Year One

Be sure to watch Batman the animated series from the 1990's as it is felt to best capture the way Batman is meant to be seen. The story telling is great, the animation is excellent, and the voice acting is top notch.

Same voice actor of Batman and Joker (by Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill) in both 1990s Batman Animated Series and the Batman Arkham Series. You cannot go wrong watching the Batman Animated Series if you loved the voice from the game.

Avoid 'Batman and Robin' as it nearly killed the film franchise until Chris Nolan came along.

Didn't just almost kill the film franchise, it almost killed the Batman himself. Thank God gifted, talent, and very intelligent man name Christopher Nolan came along and decide to show all the director in the world how the movie is made.

Same voice actor of Batman and Joker (by Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill) in both 1990s Batman Animated Series and the Batman Arkham Series. You cannot go wrong watching the Batman Animated Series if you loved the voice from the game.

Not to mention that the stories are so ridiculously awesome that it makes some of the movies look juvenile. Harvey Dent getting blown in half (Batman: "Harvey! Nooo!"), Clayface's sad origin, a few of the Scarecrow eps, almost all of the Joker eps...

I grew up on the stuff and still find it leagues above most of the cartoons out now. I bought the series just to pass it on to my son. You can't go wrong.

Not to mention that the stories are so ridiculously awesome that it makes some of the movies look juvenile. Harvey Dent getting blown in half (Batman: "Harvey! Nooo!"), Clayface's sad origin, a few of the Scarecrow eps, almost all of the Joker eps...

I grew up on the stuff and still find it leagues above most of the cartoons out now. I bought the series just to pass it on to my son. You can't go wrong.

By far my favorite episode, entitled "Feat of Clay" (parts 1 and 2)

It was the reason I bought Volume 1 on DVD

Might also want to look into Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and Batman Beyond.

I always felt they took away a little too much of Bruce Wayne's humanity in those, feeling far too cold and too calculating at times, while the supporting cast made up for the slack in his persona.

Oh yeah, I highly recommend Batman Beyond. That show was freaking amazing.

We almost got a Batman Beyond movie before Chris Nolan came along but word on the internet is that the script came very close to being R-rated. Still, you have to wonder what an R-rated Batman movie would look like even if the kids couldn't see it without their parents buying them a ticket.

I always felt they took away a little too much of Bruce Wayne's humanity in those, feeling far too cold and too calculating at times, while the supporting cast made up for the slack in his persona.

I loved that fact from the JL. In the comic book, wasn't Batman the same way? Didn't he find the weaknesses of every hero as a preventative measure?

Cooooooooooooooooooooold bloooooded.

Yes, giving him some humanity makes him more likable as a person- like I've said, I think the 90's eps really showed this- but c'mon...

JLA Bats was boss. An antisocial prick without a shred of superpowers but the ability to get into everyone's face and have them back the F*&$ off. The "Crisis" movie pitted him against a worse version.

Owl vs Bat

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ntGjKfpdAQ]Batman vs Owlman - YouTube[/ame]

Amazon.co.uk, if it's as good as people say then these prices are bargains.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Animated-Season-DVD/dp/B000FTW374/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320347770&sr=8-2]Batman Animated Season 1 - Volume 1 [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Batman: Film & TV[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-DC-Collection-2-DVD/dp/B000H8RW6A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1320347770&sr=8-3]Batman DC Collection Volume 2 [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Batman: Film & TV[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...