Anyone used the scrap metal glitch to level up quick?

daninthemix

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

believe me, best advice is to start a new save. i wasted a whole day trying to make it work with my existing charackters only to die hundreds of times. as long as no one finds out what makes the difference its unlikely youll do it if ever attacked by him. and my guess is that no one finds out, because it works for 90% on their first try...

believe me, best advice is to start a new save. i wasted a whole day trying to make it work with my existing charackters only to die hundreds of times. as long as no one finds out what makes the difference its unlikely youll do it if ever attacked by him. and my guess is that no one finds out, because it works for 90% on their first try...

ok, how long would it take me to reach level 30 from starting all over?

thanks in advance :)

Also not working by me, I built up a good relationship/trust with Casadin, gave him 24 scraps, have my sneak skill at 65 also have a stealth boy and I can't steal anything back from him, I'm caught permanently (only caught and not attacked bcs the trust step is done) I tryed very close to him, from center, left side, right side, then not too close to him, daytime, nighttime, with/without stealthy boy and it's not working still. Any ideas guys?

Also not working by me, I built up a good relationship/trust with Casadin, gave him 24 scraps, have my sneak skill at 65 also have a stealth boy and I can't steal anything back from him, I'm caught permanently (only caught and not attacked bcs the trust step is done) I tryed very close to him, from center, left side, right side, then not too close to him, daytime, nighttime, with/without stealthy boy and it's not working still. Any ideas guys?

everything youre doing is right, think all you need would be a higher sneak level.

I just played the game. It's not hard to get to level 30 if you play on hard or very hard you don't need to use an exploit.

Well sure, if you're starting the game from scratch. If you start Broken Steel at level 20, playing on Hard will not get you to 30. I'm playing on Hard, and am starting the last main mission and am at level 23, and this includes experience from redoing the last mission of the main game. Unfortunately I've also done all of Anchorage and The Pitt, so those are off limits as far as experience goes. In my case, busywork will be required, either in the form of farming SuperMutant blood, or starting a new game to use this glitch.

Sorry that i didn't reply at the time. I did not start all over. I only used it from 26 and up.

Why are people starting over for this in the first place?

Because it doesn't work for everyone. A good number of people get attacked when unsuccessfully pickpocketing Casdin, myself included. Starting a character from scratch and then doing this glitch seems to work every time.

Because it doesn't work for everyone. A good number of people get attacked when unsuccessfully pickpocketing Casdin, myself included. Starting a character from scratch and then doing this glitch seems to work every time.

Ok. I was just curious, but i guess my guy did have 100 Sneak when i tried it the first time.

if you would use this for getting to lvl 30 it would take ages, but thanks anyways

It really doesn't take long. You just keep giving Walter scrap metal. You only have to steal a couple times from the outcast guy. It took me like 10 minutes to get from 25 and a half(ish) to 30.

I started a new character just to see how fast this would get to lvl 30...

34 minutes from level 4 (I leveled up picking up scraps) to level 30.

Did you get the Swift Learner Perks? I did, and I didn't take as long as you.

this worked for me, i can only sell 10 at a time, i messed up the exchange with the guy you need to glitch with though, should of had 24, but i gave him 10 and then did the detected stealing, either way it goes pretty fast.

just worried that they might do like GoW2 and reset the scores. I just dont want to re-do operation anchorage and the pitt over, they should have released broken steel first.

I can also confirm it worked, finished yesterday, did not start a new game, use a second char that was level 12. Used 24 steel, and still took alittle while to give walter that much over and over. Had one problem, when i finished it with good and nuetral was fine, but as soon as i tried using the perk for evil, or going evil, my game would freeze. Tryed about 10 times and always would happen, plugged the xbox back in and had a update that fixed it.