Debut Trailer

Nozza

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is absolutely gorgeous, pure eye candy. Looks like a game world I could really lose myself in. If they add in fun activities, lots of good stuff to collect, more customization, could be a masterpiece. Would it really be asking too much though to allow a female lead option? That is one huge thing Saint's Row 2 had going for it for me, being able to play as a woman and create all sorts of cool stuff for her wardrobe.

It is absolutely gorgeous, pure eye candy. Looks like a game world I could really lose myself in. If they add in fun activities, lots of good stuff to collect, more customization, could be a masterpiece. Would it really be asking too much though to allow a female lead option? That is one huge thing Saint's Row 2 had going for it for me, being able to play as a woman and create all sorts of cool stuff for her wardrobe.

Saints Row is a little more generic, and open-ended. You design a character and fulfill a role in the gang. GTA tends to have a more specific story-line, with specific characters. A female lead character wouldn't really work.

And anyways, the game is about criminal activity, killing people, stealing cars, sleeping with prostitutes...not fashion accessorizing. :D

Exactly, i would enjoy it more playing as someone of my gender. i love the grand theft auto series so im used to playing as guys anyways. but i agree that's one thing i love about saints row..... i hope the multi player gets an improvement for this one. i hated grand theft auto 4's.

I'm dying to learn more, they need to release more info ASAP now that this trailer is out. You would think from them making such an In depth trailer showing off a lot of what this game has to offer, that it would come out Early 2012, and not in the fall of 12. But I can dream.

The attention to detail though in this game is just... amazing. Its like GTA IV but 10x better. I really hope they let you tune cars up again though.. I really hated that you couldn't do that in GTA IV.

But the main thing I want to find out is the main character, there were rumours going around that its not just going to be one main character this time around. During the story you might change to a different character. But again its all here say until we here from Rockstar.

Loved it, and easily now my most anticipated game, ever. This will be a game I will pretty much always play, as there will probably always be something to do. It's like GTA and The Sims had a baby with all the activities it seems you can do here.

The free roam on this one just seems to be the best one yet, I'm hoping it's the whole map of SA, and more! The size of the SA map was pretty spectacular at it's time, this one is shaping up to be just as spectacular. Blimps, thousands of side activites, and in modern time (wich I love) and what seems to be current times with houses for sale, homeless people, etc etc. I hope they're really on the street like that, and don't just pop up in missions or cut scenes, I also hope they finally add some real traffic into this game. Since LA is one of the many places known for it's gridlock. Whatever happens, I can calmly wait, this trailer will hold me for awhile, as well as Skyrim and a whole lot of other games coming out.

*Eternal Happiness on *GTA V release date here* *

Since the trailers release, game stores are now taking pre-orders for GTA V.

In the UK the RRP is around £49 at this time. Though, the game probably won't be released until this time next year, if not a little sooner. So the price may drop.

As much as I was close to clicking checkout, I'm going to wait lol

Zavvi have it up for £39.95, with a price guarantee. GTA V

(Probably not accurate, but their release date says November 23 2012)

]Release date speculations already started, many people thinks the game will be released on May 24th

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii278/Haze-unit/ScreenShot2011-11-03at93507AM-1.png

The above picture shows the number 2405 in the street, which at first doesn't look like anything but after some research:

The song used in the trailer have been released on May 24 1968 <---- Clicky

Knowing how Rockstars are with these sort of things i have a feeling this could be the actual release date.

Nice find..

Does get you thinking. Though it could be a very strange coincidence.

Coming from Rockstar i doubt its a coincidence. Mind you Sam Houser birthday is 24/05/72 which could be a GTA IV easter egg seeing in GTA IV you can see the numbers on a plane but you need to use a mod on PC because its very high in the sky so, its either a release date or an easter egg.

Did anyone notice the "Speedophile" Jet Ski? And the BMX leaning against the house that is for sale? Bigfoot on the Police car seal?

Has anyone tried phoning "555-0111" which is the number for the Daily Globe. I know Rockstar have done stuff with numbers before...

Also, there seems to be 2 people that may be the protagonist; the "Vercetti" character and the "CJ" character. Both of these pop up multiple times, such as "Vercetti" in the car and leading the bank robbery, and the "CJ" character in the car, in a police chase and a similar looking "CJ" with tattoos, running from the police. This might mean tattoos are in.

EDIT: Who's going back through the older GTA games? I bought the entire collection on PC, so I'll be busy! :D

Edited by Crimson Ridley

Did anyone notice the "Speedophile" Jet Ski? And the BMX leaning against the house that is for sale? Bigfoot on the Police car seal?

Without forgetting the blimp that you can see in the upper right corner when you see people playing golf.

Also yes, i ordered GTA III/Vice City on Amazon yesterday. =P

I think so. There was also a blimp in Just Cause 2, called "The Mile High Club" (like the poster in this trailer). There may be a joke on that blimp. :p

I've looked up the number, 555-0111, and it came up with a few results;

1) It goes to a place called St. Thomas in the U.S Virgin Islands. No idea if that is relevant.

2) It's an old, fake, cheat code for GTA 4.

3) It's part of a cheat code for Enter The Matrix.

4) It's the number for California Taxi Co. in the movie Crossroads.

5) It's the number on the keys found sign in the movie Just Like Heaven.

Yeah, I don't think this number means much.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

I think so. There was also a blimp in Just Cause 2, called "The Mile High Club" (like the poster in this trailer). There may be a joke on that blimp. :p

I've looked up the number, 555-0111, and it came up with a few results;

1) It goes to a place called St. Thomas in the U.S Virgin Islands. No idea if that is relevant.

2) It's an old, fake, cheat code for GTA 4.

3) It's part of a cheat code for Enter The Matrix.

Yeah, I don't think this number means much.

Haha well, someone had to test sooner or later and yeah i remember the blimp in Just Cause 2 it was awesome to base jump from there.

Btw nice spotting of the bigfoot on the seal! I did not notice until you pointed it out.

The only thing I'm really looking at is the California Taxi Co. number from Crossroads. As LS is LA and LA is in California, that seems to be the only connection between them.

Of course, it may just be a number Rockstar came up with and wasn't aware of the Taxi number. After all, all 555-0100 to 555-0199 numbers are fictitious...

This is fun though, and I'm now trying to find out which Crossroads the Taxi number comes from; the 1937, 1942, 1976, 1986 or the 2002 one...

The 2002 one is based in LA though, but it involves Britney Spears going to an audition. Not GTA stuff, really...

EDIT: Just noticed the number on the for sale sign; 184-555-0101. FUN!

Edited by Crimson Ridley