City of Lights DLC restored - and glitched achievements believed to be patched!

I just downloaded the DLC (I was actually looking to see if there was any free online passes for Dead Space 2 or 3, and saw "Doritos Crash Course" in the "Add-ons" area)!

I don't know if the glitch is patched... but I believe the reason the game and the DLC was removed was BECAUSE of the glitch, and that they wanted to patch the game AND the DLC, to make sure all was working. I assume one of their resident nerds worked feverishly to get gold on the original 3 countries with the DLC in place. Hopefully, they actually played the DLC levels before getting that one achievement that was glitched (it was "Going for Gold" - right?) to make certain they fixed it!

Is anyone good enough to EASILY get gold on those original levels, willing to try it with an alternate account... by playing some of the DLC levels - THEN try to get gold on the original levels... and report back here if it was patched or not?

I would do it... but I was lucky to even get gold on most of the ones I completed (I suck at this game - but I still like it... it's fun). I still need to get gold on the last Europe level, and then play the Japan levels!

Yeah, it's pretty awesome that this has been restored since they're supposedly some pretty easy achievements. I assumed the reasoning was different like licensing because they removed Dash of Destruction as well but there never were any issues with that one.

I never heard the reason for "Dash of Destruction" being removed from the Xbox Marketplace, and I don't remember any mention of licensing issues regarding it (it certainly wasn't because they were fighting over who got the profits from sales of the game - it was FREE)!

That was probably the first time I was aware of content being pulled from the marketplace, that wasn't due to the company going bankrupt, being sold or losing/selling their license to their IP. I know Midway Games went under, and subsequently... ALL of their games were removed from the marketplace (I only bought a few of the ones I wanted... missed getting a couple others). At least "Midway Arcade Origins" was released, and has ALL their games that "were" on the XBL Marketplace - plus a bunch that were NOT - on one game disc!

To get back on topic... I let my friends know that the DLC for Doritos Crash Course was back, why I believe it was pulled... and that they should hurry-up and get it - BEFORE it gets pulled again (permanently?)!! It's only 160 MS Points.

The only reason I didn't buy it before... was because of the glitch. After I bought it, I moved it to one of my memory cards, so it isn't in my system to load with the game - and glitch the achievements, if it wasn't patched. I've heard that as long as you don't play the new DLC levels "before" getting the "Going for Gold" achievement... it won't glitch (I'd just rather not take that chance)!

The only reason I didn't buy it before... was because of the glitch. After I bought it, I moved it to one of my memory cards, so it isn't in my system to load with the game - and glitch the achievements, if it wasn't patched. I've heard that as long as you don't play the new DLC levels "before" getting the "Going for Gold" achievement... it won't glitch (I'd just rather not take that chance)!

I began (and finished) playing this game today and had no problem with chievos (got Sore wa kantan desu and Going for gold, also the online ones), so the title update (300GS count and the menu with the DLC content) is not the problem. Seems that as long as you don't play the new levels, you are safe (I don't have the DLC downloaded).

Just be sure to complete the 200/300 before downloading or playing the DLC.

Edited by EloyOn

I began (and finished) playing this game today and had no problem with chievos (got Sore wa kantan desu and Going for gold, also the online ones), so the title update (300GS count and the menu with the DLC content) is not the problem. Seems that as long as you don't play the new levels, you are safe (I don't have the DLC downloaded).

Just be sure to complete the 200/300 before downloading or playing the DLC.

i hope you're right. just DLed the game, will try to get the 200, and will then DL the DLC. wish me luck.

i hope you're right. just DLed the game, will try to get the 200, and will then DL the DLC. wish me luck.

You'll be fine mate. If you get the original 200, everything will run smoothly :woop: Keep us updated, I'll enjoy knowing of your 100%.

• 3 weeks later...
100% seguro que los logros gliches es el dlc confirmado ayer me pase el juego con otra cuenta sin el dlc claro todo en oro y nivel japon saltaron para mi solucionen esto ya xfavor

Yeah, we know that the problem is the DLC, hope they'll fix it.

I also speak spanish normally, dude, but in this forum you have to write in english :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...