Stuttering Xbox one

Droid2k5

Just wondering if i am alone in this but does anyone find the game to stutter/judder quite a lot (like the frame rate is really low ~20fps). At the moment i am finding it unplayable because it is just not responsive. It is more obvious in certain areas.

does it on ps4 as well.

So far I've only played the first two missions and a bit of survivor mode.

Frame rate tanked maybe twice in the cutscenes for me, no noticeable frame rate drops during gameplay though.

Thanks for the reply. I know the cutscene FPS is a common issue on all platforms. I am mainly talking about during actual gameplay but it is definitely obvious when it happens because it doesn't just dip for a few secs but is constantly sluggish. Maybe i will reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Got grabbed by a synthetic who was laid on the floor (didn't see him, shit my self) and i started smashing A button as prompted on the screen but as the game jittered and froze for like a second my A button presses just didn't register and i was killed, Quite annoying as i hadn't saved for a while but still enjoying the game

Yeah sounds like it is just me then. It feels like i am walking through treacle all the time and makes aiming really hard. Something must be wrong with my install or my console (Destiny runs fine though and other games). Will keep trying to find the cause but if anyone else experiences this please let me know.

Yeah sounds like it is just me then. It feels like i am walking through treacle all the time and makes aiming really hard. Something must be wrong with my install or my console (Destiny runs fine though and other games). Will keep trying to find the cause but if anyone else experiences this please let me know.

It's not just you droid. I was having it shutter on me every couple minutes, it's definitely the game. Although I thought it might've been my copy as well. I don't know if it's better or worse I'm not alone on this haha

I had my game nearly freeze on me a few minutes ago. I was trying to kill an android with a revolver, kept going for head shots. Once I destroyed the android I got a notification about a game clip being recorded and the game froze for about two seconds.

Other than that I'm still not having issues with the gameplay quality. Partially through mission 4 now.

I had my game nearly freeze on me a few minutes ago. I was trying to kill an android with a revolver, kept going for head shots. Once I destroyed the android I got a notification about a game clip being recorded and the game froze for about two seconds.

Other than that I'm still not having issues with the gameplay quality. Partially through mission 4 now.

yeah everytime it auto records it locks the screen completely pretty annoying

Hey, I began playing the game on my xbox last night and the first few missions were fine although I noticed later on I got massive amounts of stuttering during gameplay and some parts can be unplayable and like Droid2k5 stated very sluggish.

Edited by Republic08
Am new to this site, not 100% sure how to quote someone and so just fixing up the wording in my post.

Hi all,

I have been on the official forums and mentioned this complaint about the poor performance in game (stuttering and sluggish gameplay). One of the developers posted this solution to try:

Hey all,

Sorry that you are having all these issues!

I see a combination of issues that I will try to address. Please follow these steps, making sure not to run the game until they are complete.

• If you haven't already, can you clear all the Alien Isolation data from your console and then restart the console.
  • After this, could you install the base game and let it completely finish installing.
  • Allow the patch to also run and then download any of the additional DLC afterwards.
  • After all of this has been completed, attempt to run the game.

If your issue still persists, or you have already tried these steps, please contact our customer support by following this link

You may need to provide proof of purchase.

Thanks,

-Raxir

Pretty obvious i know but if it doesnt fix it for you at least you have somewhere to take it further. I am going to try reinstalling without an internet connection and then when that is complete i am going to reconnect and install the patch seperatly. Wont get chance to do this until Friday though.

Did not see stuttering last night but did have issues where it was clipping and I was in a section of the ship but completely black as if floating in space and then as I moved forward odd sections of the ship were re drawn in. but repeated. So was almost like my draw distance was completely fubar.

That and I had it sat at 90% installing for ever. So ... much like I had experienced with Metro Redux. I did indeed delete the whole install/save. Re-installed without letting the patch install, ran the game and then let the patch install when prompted...

Earlier there was extremely minor instances of this and a little lag on loading screens. Now almost directly after getting the Flamethrower this has picked up a lot. It hasn't made things unplayable but the minor instances are now about 10 times more frequent than before and anytime you make a turn or something you see it.

The guy at EB Games told me the frame rate was Terrible for him. He made it sound so bad it stopped me from buying the game.

It's just the cutscenes, not the entire game. There aren't that many cutscenes. Plus CA said they are aware of the problem and working on a fix. You should still pick up the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had it happen a few times, but not often. Usually when I trigger an event, such as picking up a new tool or climbing a ladder. Once it happened when I picked up an audio log and it made some really messed up sounds. Scariest part of the game by far. Wish I could have recorded it. It was like listening to a bear get water-boarded. :eek: