January 2013 Staff and Subscriber Completion Competition - Discussion Thread

Creech

http://gfxuploader.com/images/x5sbf51de05xfhuni62l.png

Competition Period:

The contest will run from 00:00 PT, January 1, 2013 through 23:59 PT, January 31, 2013.

Eligibility Rules:

To participate in the competition you must have your xbox profile set to public, have posted your gamertag in the sign-up thread, and meet one or both of the following criteria:

1. Have an active subscription on December 20th, 2012, and maintain the subscription throughout the competition period.
  2. Be a member of the site staff (Guide Team, Graphics Team, Clubs Director, Review Team, Press Team, or forum moderator and above).

Competition Rules:

1. Participants will score one point for each title where the last achievement necessary for 100% completion is unlocked during the competition period.
  2. 100% completion is defined as all achievements linked on xbox.com have been unlocked by the participant. This specifically includes DLC.
  3. If DLC achievements are released to xbox.com, but the content is not yet available, that game will not be considered complete.
  4. All other achievements in the title may be unlocked prior to the competition as long as the final achievement is unlocked within the competition period.
  5. Common sense rules about no cheating, no profile hacking, etc. apply.

Eligible Games:

All titles on any LIVE enabled platform are permitted, including GFWL, Windows Phone, and Windows 8.

Judge:

Creech has the final say in all matters on this competition.

Prizes:

Shiny site goodness to the top competitors

=================================

Use this thread for discussion among the contestants. If you are not a contestant your post will be removed.

Edited by Creech

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear all - I am taking this contest pretty seriously, so woe betide anyone that dares to get in my way as I aim to crush you beneath my mighty hooves of justice.*

That is all.

*I don't actually have hooves, or a horse, but 'feet of justice'? We all know that would have sucked.

Edited by jackanape

Dear all - I am taking this contest pretty seriously, so woe betide anyone that dares to get in my way as I aim to crush you beneath my might hooves of justice.*

That is all.

*I don't actually have hooves, or a horse, but 'feet of justice'? We all know that would have sucked.

hooves of justice...lol :biglaugh

I have one pre-loaded game already!

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/2148694_o.gif

Can you smell what the Rock is cooking? Haha good effort thought Nozza.

http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-29490-050938f1f39e78.gif

Cheerio cheerio!

Dear all - I am taking this contest pretty seriously, so woe betide anyone that dares to get in my way as I aim to crush you beneath my might hooves of justice.*

That is all.

I don't know what the word betide means, so I'm going to disregard your post entirely!

I don't know what the word betide means, so I'm going to disregard your post entirely!

I weep at the state of your education system. WEEP I SAY!

I see this contest has truly begun - judging by the spamming of gifs already. It's all about psychological warfare it seems, so you can all sweat it out while I spend the next week doing nothing but eating, drinking and opening presents.

HA - TAKE THAT CONFORMITY!!!!

Wait........everyone is doing that? Shit.

I weep at the state of your education system. WEEP I SAY!

I see this contest has truly begun - judging by the spamming of gifs already. It's all about psychological warfare it seems, so you can all sweat it out while I spend the next week doing nothing but eating, drinking and opening presents.

HA - TAKE THAT CONFORMITY!!!!

Wait........everyone is doing that? Shit.

How I imagine Jack's going to attempt this contest:

http://i.imgur.com/TYVi1.gif

:p

So it's like that, eh?

Well, in truth I'm hoping to finish up a bunch of games and tidy up my tag a lot. A contest like this will give me the motivation to go back to some easy stuff that I never got around to finishing - like Lego Harry Potter 2. Ugh!

Not to mention my large backlog of arcade titles. I swear I just buy anything that goes on sale and then just let it sit there forever.

Well someone posted on their TA blog that they had over 14 games ready for this competition. Can't remember the GT or if they even entered, so you're all screwed! :p

I think I will finish last. I am trying to boost FIFA 11 online and won't stop until I get it all done. :(

I admit, I was bored, so decided to check on your claim as it's always nice to see people plan in advance for these things. Of all the people that have entered only Nozza has a Blog on TA and he has just listed the games/DLC he is hoping to complete for this contest (as opposed to the games he has ready to finish in one fell swoop).

So, if you didn't mean Nozza, then I'm assuming the person you are talking about isn't even taking part or was talking about something else. As sign ups are now closed it is immaterial either way.

I should also point out that both yourself and TemporalWizard have cancelled your subscriptions, so are ineligible to compete anyway. As the rules require a staff/subscription both at the 20th December and for the duration.

Don't mean to sound like a dick or anything, but if your sub hasn't lapsed etc then you may need to speak to Creech to make sure everything is working as it should.

Edited by jackanape

I admit, I was bored, so decided to check on your claim as it's always nice to see people plan in advance for these things. Of all the people that have entered only Nozza has a Blog on TA and he has just listed the games/DLC he is hoping to complete for this contest (as opposed to the games he has ready to finish in one fell swoop).

So, if you didn't mean Nozza, then I'm assuming the person you are talking about isn't even taking part or was talking about something else. As sign ups are now closed it is immaterial either way.

I should also point out that both yourself and TemporalWizard have cancelled their subscriptions, so are ineligible to compete anyway. As the rules require a staff/subscription both at the 20th December and for the duration.

Don't mean to should like a dick or anything, but if your sub hasn't lapsed etc then you may need to speak to Creech to make sure everything is working as it should.

Yeah, I've just listed games I want to try and complete. My most likely target is 2-4 games I'd say depending on DLC downloads.

Hitman Ab, is set and ready to compete with one collectable and I'll be running through the rest of the story of FC3 over the holidays. So that'll hopefully be 2. The rest will come as I decide what to play really.

Edited by Nozza

I should also point out that both yourself and TemporalWizard have cancelled their subscriptions, so are ineligible to compete anyway. As the rules require a staff/subscription both at the 20th December and for the duration.

Don't mean to should like a dick or anything, but if your sub hasn't lapsed etc then you may need to speak to Creech to make sure everything is working as it should.

Buzz cancelled his subscription a while back and it just ran out, so yes, he is out.

Temp had a one day lapse, but his new subscription started on the 20th so he squeaked in.

The Countdown to 2013 sale is going to be very good to me in this competition. I already have a few quickish arcade games in the backlog. I'm probably adding a dozen more with the sale. This competition gives me an excuse to move them up the priority list and actually slay the backlog.

Then again, keeping the backlog under control is a challenging and neverending quest.

I'm a bit late to the party but the aftershake from the end of the world just kept me from posting here. I see people have started to frighten others by telling how many games they got pre-loaded. I can count at least 3 games already I got ready that I can finish on the first day!

Just need to clear my head and count correctly at what time the competition starts in my zone so I don't miss anything. Also I got some games where there's only 1 achievement left that I didn't even mean to use for this competition but they've been sitting on my list for ages (Dig Dug & Pacman)

So fear you all! I might even get to the top 3 on this competition :p

Have fun everyone and Merry Christmas! No it's not December 24th or 25th (whichever you count as Christmas) here yet but I will probably be not around when that happens. If you know what I mean...

I thought everything was going fine until my new Windows 8 tablet decided to off it's self. The second day of using it I install an update and now it's stuck on the loading screen lol. Already had Fruit Ninja ready to go and this shark game. Now I get the merry time of calling ASUS's many hot lines who don't pick up :-P.

Oh well I should get a new one sometime in January I hope.