Abyssal Forge: Broken and unplayable..

The Ben Machine

Got the dlc this morning, no new achievements (just incase anyone wants to know). There is a major glitch that makes it unplayable beyond a certain point.

During the Abyssal Forge boss fight I've encountered 3 different glitches that make the boss unbeatable.

1) When attacking him, he gets frozen in position and starts taking 0 damage, won't move from there once glitched out. Boss unbeatable.

2) If the above glitch doesn't happen, the animation plays, he reels back and his chest opens prompting you to death grip the heart stone. When Death gripping it, you miss and the boss vanishes behind the wall. Can't target him, can't reach him, he gets frozen in the animation. Unbeatable.

3) If the above glitch doesn't happen, you manage to pull the heart stone out to attack it. You can land 2 or 3 hits before it glitches out. Boss health bar doesn't take any damage and he gets frozen in the animation. Boss unbeatable.

After 20+ attempts and restarts, I physically can not get this boss to work.

Good luck anyone else trying to play this.

Yep, same here. I got the exact same glitches, only tried him 5 times, but that was enough for me.

What a joke of a DLC, no achievements, no level cap increase, no new weapons, no new enemies (just slight re-skins), completely non-challenging puzzles, and it's broken on top of everything.

This will be the last THQ game I play, I can't believe I was stupid enough to buy the season pass. Might just trade it in today and cut my losses.

Vigil stated already that all the DLC will be just getting a bit more in-depth in some missions in the game, and focus on the dungeons. A patch will come out for the bugs soon enough. Idk why so many people get so worked up about achievements in DLC. I guess playing a game isn't enough reason to buy one these days (or add ons in this case).

I'd buy it if I weren't currently jobless. lol

What a joke of a DLC, no achievements, no level cap increase, no new weapons, no new enemies (just slight re-skins), completely non-challenging puzzles, and it's broken on top of everything.

Thanks for the info.

I'll pass on the dlc. Hoped for some *look stuff above*. If its just a dungeon you can beat within an hour I'm not willing to spend 800MSP (is that right?)

At this point in the Xbox lifecycle, 800 pts should equal 250 gamerscore...PERIOD.

There should be no exceptions and no discussion. Oversights like this on a developers part are the reason DLC doesn't sell well...and publishers like THQ fail. There are far more examples of this holding true than there are exceptions.

Edited by Deathblow23

Same hear with the glitched out boss but there is one legendary item you can get if you go back where you fitst start and go the opposite way after you get the gear that lets you walk in the liquid. It's called the Abyssal Axe and it's pretty cool. Hopefully they will have a patch out ASAP

Problem solved try to wear sythes from the level with no ice damage and end boss fight with no glitches!!!! You get the Abyssal Forge Hammer. Both the weapons you get level up with you as well.

Nice find, the Ice Damage seemed to be the problem. Equipped some Fire Scythes and he went down without a hitch.

The Hammer didn't even drop for me. I got the on-screen notification that I got it, but it is nowhere to be found in my inventory. Brick Wall.

If you had a full inventory for secondary weapons it might have put it into the Serpent Tome. Check there that the only reason i can think of why it wouldn't be in your inventory. Did you get the Abyssal Axe and does that show for you?

If you had a full inventory for secondary weapons it might have put it into the Serpent Tome. Check there that the only reason i can think of why it wouldn't be in your inventory. Did you get the Abyssal Axe and does that show for you?

My inventory WAS full at the time. I did get the Abyssal Axe and it appears in my inventory, but the Hammer isn't in the Serpent Tome either, unless I'm looking wrong.

I've not even got as far as playing it yet before I hit another oddity. When i went to download it from inside the game, it forced me to download Abyssal Forge, makers armor set again and a 396Mb file called Demon Lord Belial? It got to 99% then looped to 0 and eventually failed. Wtf is this other DLC and why won't it friggin download?

I've not even got as far as playing it yet before I hit another oddity. When i went to download it from inside the game, it forced me to download Abyssal Forge, makers armor set again and a 396Mb file called Demon Lord Belial? It got to 99% then looped to 0 and eventually failed. Wtf is this other DLC and why won't it friggin download?

That is the next DLC that is currently scheduled for a November release. Until it is officially released, that download will continue to fail.

Thanks for the headsup, Jawest78. LOL, Megablast16. I had to read your post twice cause it was like Deja vu, I'm sure I posted the same statement either here or on their offical forums bascially word for word. I did the first DLC and it was naff, I spent 5 minutes on Abyssal Forge and then went back to Borderlands 2. I loved the first and 2nd game but the DLC has been a let down so far, roll on the last DLC so I can trade this game in for Lego LotR.

Problem solved try to wear sythes from the level with no ice damage and end boss fight with no glitches!!!! You get the Abyssal Forge Hammer. Both the weapons you get level up with you as well.

Well spotted man, my possessed weapons had Ice damage on and without them the boss didn't glitch out. Thanks for the info :)

My inventory WAS full at the time. I did get the Abyssal Axe and it appears in my inventory, but the Hammer isn't in the Serpent Tome either, unless I'm looking wrong.

I got the Abyssal Forge Hammer, but I DID NOT get the Abyssal Axe which really pisses me off. BTW I play it for PS3, but I literally typed this issue into google using so many different phrases and this is BY FAR the closest posts/thread with the same problem.

My SW-Inventory WAS NOT full and it should have went, instead a Baneful Axe of Ice came out, but from the video-guides I have watched (IGN) either way it should have been once I opened the chest Abyssal Axe with description (like any other Legendary Weapon anyone gets in the game) but I opened the chest and it opened like a regular chest.

I have yet to try the Serpent Tome, but it still makes no sense to me because IF ANYTHING I would have gotten the Abyssal Axe and then had no space to pick-up the Baneful Axe of Ice.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first game is one of my favorites and i was exited when i heard about the second one...until i got it. Almost every area had a new and exciting glitch for me to struggle through and on top of that when i get the dlc i find out that my save file is to large and i need to sell most of my legendary equipment that i searched high and low for. Just a disappointment all around

• 2 months later...

I just tried to play it today and it constantly freezes right before the main boss fight. Kinda disappointing, since i wanted to beat the entire game with everything before I set it aside. Good points above to help progress, but what to do if it constantly freezes at the same point?