FAQ - Look Here Before Posting

Shinobi273

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On my fallout 3 raiders are practicaly everywhere outside the galaxy news radio building, any ways i could get past em without em hurting me?also im out of caps and have like 40 health left, anywhere health packs are cheap? please help

Well, a couple notes...

You can try to sneak past them if your sneak skill is high enough. Try waiting til nighttime, its easier.

Also, its is highly inadvisable to use stimpacks to heal yourself when you are not in battle or trapped somewhere. Instead fast-travel to megaton (or tennpenny towers if you blew up megaton) and sleep in your bed. Then fast-travel back. Also, you will find beds scattered around the world you can sleep in. Even in places like the sewers. Always sleep if you have the option. If you can't get to a bed and aren't in immediate danger, try to find a somewhat clean water source (low rads) to drink. You can handle some radiation before ill effects happen. Sinks are pretty good, toilets are a no-no, natural water depends on the source (some ok, others very very bad). Its cheaper to pay 100caps to heal 200rads of radiation than to buy stimpacks that give you the equivalent amount of health. Simpacks should only be used in the middle of battle or when no other option is available.

BTW, if you buy the "My First Infirmary" it removes all rads for free when you use it. So once you have it, drink the water! It will be free to cure yourself. Just don't drink so much water between treatments that you get too sick.

Edited by BelatedHero

• 2 weeks later...

was just wondering if anybody could help me on this, if you leave megaton and head towards springdale elementary as soon as you start coming into springdale and start seeing blasted out houses there is a house just to the left actually its south southwest of the rocket looking thing that has a couple of trash bins and a nuka cola machine by it if you go south southwest there is a house that has a cellar door in it but it requires a key to unlock it does anyone know where or how to find that key. Send me a message if you can help. Thanks Baneful Kain.

was just wondering if anybody could help me on this, if you leave megaton and head towards springdale elementary as soon as you start coming into springdale and start seeing blasted out houses there is a house just to the left actually its south southwest of the rocket looking thing that has a couple of trash bins and a nuka cola machine by it if you go south southwest there is a house that has a cellar door in it but it requires a key to unlock it does anyone know where or how to find that key. Send me a message if you can help. Thanks Baneful Kain.
Its part of Holy Water sidequest.

Details: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Water_%28quest%29

• 11 months later...
How far into the game do you have to get before you get your first follower?

You can get one as soon as you leave the vault by going to Underworld with 2000 caps (1000 if you have barter 50 or more). There is also a quest that will get you his contract for free by assassinating one of underworld's residents. Charon is one of the best followers and karma has no effect on him.

Edited by Shinobi273

You can get one as soon as you leave the vault by going to Underworld with 2000 caps (1000 if you have barter 50 or more). There is also a quest that will get you his contract for free by assassinating one of underworld's residents. Charon is one of the best followers and karma has no effect on him.

Can you visit Underworld straight from the vault or is there difficulty getting there due to enemies? Thanks for the help.

Can you visit Underworld straight from the vault or is there difficulty getting there due to enemies? Thanks for the help.

It is pretty easy to get there. If you haven't done so already, check the fallout wiki for maps. Go to Rivet City right away (do not go into the science lab there) there are raiders and Super Mutant camps along the way. Kill the raiders and run away from higher level SMs. Use the metro station nearby (Anacostia Crossing), go to Museum Station, and out the Museum of History exit. In the metro are mostly raiders, not tough. The museum will be behind you as you exit the station, just head straight in. The outside is guarded by a non-hostile NPC and there are no enemies between the metro exit and Underworld. Exploring the rest of the museum will contain leveled Ghouls.

At the start of the game, rely on melee weapons until you get some small arms skill and a hunting rifle or assault rifle. Sleep to heal instead of eating/drinking or using stims.

It is pretty easy to get there. If you haven't done so already, check the fallout wiki for maps. Go to Rivet City right away (do not go into the science lab there) there are raiders and Super Mutant camps along the way. Kill the raiders and run away from higher level SMs. Use the metro station nearby (Anacostia Crossing), go to Museum Station, and out the Museum of History exit. In the metro are mostly raiders, not tough. The museum will be behind you as you exit the station, just head straight in. The outside is guarded by a non-hostile NPC and there are no enemies between the metro exit and Underworld. Exploring the rest of the museum will contain leveled Ghouls.

At the start of the game, rely on melee weapons until you get some small arms skill and a hunting rifle or assault rifle. Sleep to heal instead of eating/drinking or using stims.

Thanks alot, thats really helped.